Timberlake & Pitt -- The OTHER Mile High Club

4/14/2009 7:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Justin Timberlake and Brad Pitt share a very special, emotional bond ... one that could only be consecrated high among the clouds -- they both have a penchant for Southwest Airlines!

Justint TImberlake - Brad Pitt - launch photos

TMZ has learned that a ton of celebs are giving up those fancy, costly private jet trips for a more economically-friendly way to travel. Plus, they get free peanuts!

GaGa, Abdul, Shatner, Emmit -- even Jessica Alba!! *Ding* You are now free to move about the gallery...

Michael Madsen

Fly me to the moon

Andy Paterson

More like the people who actually write the checks for these jets (studios/record companies/corporations) no longer are writing the checks for these jets. That's why they are flying commercial. Most movie stars never pay for their own jet use, even if they own or have a fractional jet share, usually studios pay for that time OR lend their jets to the stars.

Behind the Hype

Nothing wrong with rubbing elbows with the general public...until they recognize who you are and kidnap you.

Dan

Doubtful that you'd probably sit next to one. Maybe next to their bodyguard. That'd probably a little crazy and a bit risky to just fly alone I imagine.

Rip M 2 Shreds

I love Southwest. Their people are nice and friendly, plus the airline does its best to be on time.....unlike the jerks at United, Delta, and American.

Linda Mott

Maybe they are putting their money into other ventures, such as political campaigns. I think it is admirable to save money, wherever one can.

Joanne

This is very touching that the celebs will be on regular airplanes.. I won't get to meet any, though; I am scared of flying. Oh, well.. Political issues are good-- but more need to help the homeless. I see that Brad Pitt does...

ROBIN BURD

Unreal!The biggest piece of crap airlines in the US and now the big stars r flying there planes.Fricking crazy.THEY-always r having mechanical problems-lose of ur luggage-never on time...But,if u go on-line its only $50.more to fly one of Continentials new planes! Who risks their life for $And, then blows it on blackjack?Justin....get help.

max

Brad Pitt is very pleased!

ilovetheshowmadmen

I am always happy to PLUG Southwest! I agree 100% with Squid Boy.... they are no frills.. who cares? Their on time and safety record plus their sold out seats speaks volumes..... who cares what you eat and where you sit? It's not a house, people.. it's a temporary place to till you get to your destination. When the other ailrines starting charging for luggage I knew I wouldn't leave Southwest... Oh, and good for the celebrities.. actually who cares what airlines they fly? lol

hotbridge

This is not even close to a journalistic story! Maybe it is time to find a new occupation TMZ!

Kay

I fly SWA a lot, and they have really nice staff, from the desk to the flight crew. It's easier to be squashed in like sardines when you're surrounded by friendly people.

Robi-a

Isn't Southwest the one that serves the warm cookies instead of peanuts?

1964 days ago

AJ

We love SWA as they fly our favorite route NON-STOP! Service is great, flight attendants are fun and friendly, etc... Prices are super too!

1964 days ago

Twinker

As long as I don't dress like a hooker, SWA treats me like a queen. Been flying with SWA forever. How else do you think I can afford to spend so much time on tmz??

1964 days ago