« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LaLa -- Racist Mavericks Fans Attacked Me First

5/12/2009 6:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LalaCarmelo Anthony's fiance LaLa Vazquez has released a statement claiming racial taunts and violent threats from Dallas Mavericks fans incited her at last night's NBA playoff game:

"Obviously the play-off games bring out the best and the worst in fans but what happened on Monday night with the racial slurs/threats, verbal attacks on my son and physical attacks to myself by irate fans was unacceptable. The fans were totally out of control.

What the cameras captured was me defending myself and didn't show the abuse that was taking place."

Footage shot at last night's game showed LaLa cursing and getting hostile as security tried to escort her out of the stands.

The Mavs and the Nugs are set to face off again tomorrow night.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

R.I.P Nuggets

Cuban will use any means at his disposal to rattle the opposing team, he knew he could throw Melo off by attacking Lala and it worked. Melo was disgraced seeing his ignorant lover escorted out of the stadium. Lala is a fool and a hothead. But what do you expect from someone like her.

denverbywayoftexas

she was in the right place to find some recruits for Charm School!!!! I am originally from Texas and now I have 4reasons to be embarrassed I am from there......Former President George W. Bush and the Dallas Maverick Fans, Dallas Maverick Organization and Mark Cuban!!!! U go Lala!!

razzledazzle

Right. You're not a bitch. And you think we're going to believe that -- NOT.

R.I.P Nuggets

Okay, this is over can we talk about something else now? Tomorrow's night game is gonna be a monster I can't wait for the MAVS to wipe up the floor with the Nuggets. Nuggets what kind of manly name is that for a sports team. Sounds swishy and suspiciously GAY. Ha! Ha!

R.I.P Nuggets

Everyone knows Carmelo Anthony is gay and Lala is angry about it.

Mandy

Solomon,

WHERE was this proved? Where did anyone prove that something was said to her? There are eye witness accounts of what happened and they said that her body guard was causing problems and SHE was causing problems. You see her acting a fool with the black security guard, so don't give me that racist crap. Bottom line, they don't like that Mavs fans were calling their team thugs, that includes the WHITE Chris Anderson, so they got upset. There is absolutely NOTHING about the word THUG that implies color.

Also. there is a such thing as affirmative action. That works for minorities... not whites. I doubt very seriously a white C student got in before you for any other reason other than he applied first and was accepted first. Don't come on here lying.

I am from Dallas and I was at the game. I wasn't right behind where they were sitting, but I was close enough to see that something was going on and that words were being exchanged. I heard the word THUG once and I heard LaLa dropping a bunch of F bombs and acting a fool. The ladies behind her looked SHOCKED. You don't look shocked if you are hurling racial slurs and someone retaliates. I'm sorry, this is just a pathetic attempt to get the focus on someone else because she knows she acted like a FOOL.

As far as everyone's assumption that, because of how our teams owner acts, it's logical that we'll act a certain way, listen up... I have never met Mark Cuban and probably never will. He had no part in raising me and does not influence me in the slightest. Whatever actions he takes are NOT a reflection on how I think or behave. That being said, I don't think that Cuban is as bad as everyone makes out. He's not just an owner with interest in making money off the team... he's a fan who wants to see his team win. While I might not ever take things as far as he does, he only does it because of his love for the team. The Mavs do NOT suck. They were robbed in game 3 and are rightfully made. Nuggets fans are just upset because the tables got turned and our team played dirty for ONCE.

Southern Pride

It's funny that in the world today we have bet,we have all black awards,we have black people teaching there children to hate the white man/woman but yet you call us racist......me personaly i think the indians have way more to me pissed about than the black man......and if i remember right from the history books did'nt black people sell black people to the white man.......

exbff

her name's LaLa? seriously?

eyeroll.

Tink44

Wow! There sure is a lot of hatred on this comment board. I have read most of them but it got so depressing. I guess its a good thing we can stay annonymous on here. I can actually vision a bunch of people fighting just from exchanging words on here. Holy cow! I raised my kids in a small town USA. I think it was a good idea to shelter them from all of this. They grew up to be nice respectful human beings. This mama is proud. Is yours

R.I.P Nuggets

please let's just drop it okay. Lala was wrong, Cuban was wrong and the Mav fans are rabid dogs! Just kidding. The Mav fans are always boisterous but Cuban egged them on.

Linda Mott

Dear Done,
No you are wrong on all counts. I am a Christian that is sick of people hating each other. The Lord didn't put us here to slander each other, he put us here to serve him. I hope you have a revelation and find out what your relationship is with God. I forgive you because I have the love of the Lord in my heart.

Dirty Martini

Denver has a team that is low brow and low class. 2 seconds into Game 1 they threw a full body tackle into Dirk that got them a flagrant foul and a technical. And so it began. Is Denve the more talented team? Yes. Is Dallas the team with moe class in their fingernails, more sportsmen, and better people? You bet.

Denver may be ahead 3 to 1....but the refs gave them Game 3 with a BS call. No matter what happens--Mavs have played their hearts out, the Dallas fans have supported them all the way.

Go Mavs.

And as far as this low brow bi-otch? Talk to then hand!

Mrs Joe Jackson

Who are these people?

Never heard of her..and I don't like her.

Viv.

People of all colors are racist to one another. get over it.
Thugs? People still use that word? So what. LaLa should have been ladylike
and had security speak to the people causing chaos.
but oh well.
And to set the record straight, it goes both ways.
Your ancestors oppress people for years, then their descendents
are like "what's the problem? let's all get along. get over it, mk?"
when you've been taught to dislike them and make fun of them
differences are differences
we're all part of the human race
I'd be made fun of if I brought my white friend to a house party
and she'd be seen as odd for bringing me to an italian shindig.
meh.

stop failing at life.

R.I.P Nuggets

The entire Maverick team are lucky this stark raving mad bulldozer didn't leap onto the court and scratch their eyes out. They do that for sport where she's from.