« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LaLa -- Racist Mavericks Fans Attacked Me First

5/12/2009 6:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LalaCarmelo Anthony's fiance LaLa Vazquez has released a statement claiming racial taunts and violent threats from Dallas Mavericks fans incited her at last night's NBA playoff game:

"Obviously the play-off games bring out the best and the worst in fans but what happened on Monday night with the racial slurs/threats, verbal attacks on my son and physical attacks to myself by irate fans was unacceptable. The fans were totally out of control.

What the cameras captured was me defending myself and didn't show the abuse that was taking place."

Footage shot at last night's game showed LaLa cursing and getting hostile as security tried to escort her out of the stands.

The Mavs and the Nugs are set to face off again tomorrow night.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

saved1

Black is Black, tired of BLACK CRAP. Get a life.

R.I.P Nuggets

No, she is a Puertorican you fool and Spanish speaking. There are black Latinos you know, my boyfriend is one and I am light. There is nothing wrong with being a Puertorican and we are naturalized citizens of the United States. Please ignore #187, it is late but he is still trying to cause problems. Ignorance is so sad and pointless.

R.I.P Nuggets

I always thought she was Dominica at least that's what I heard. Poor Lala catching hell from Melo I bet.

whocares

who cares? It is easy to say some called you something racist.... it just doesn't make sense that people paying to see black men, 90% percent of the players are black, are going to be making racist statements. The racist statements are going to come from those behind their keyboards. I feel she needed an excuse for being classless.

Ryno

hey lala, get a life you dumb #####, funny how a black guy rips the white race last week in the airport but when the white people start insulting the black race the blacks come out screaming racism. I remember just a few days ago on here the black people told us whites to quit our crying...you should do the same lala and other backers! I've met personally in my life more racist blacks than I have racist whites!

R.I.P Nuggets

So what shes Puertorican. I'm Puetorican. You people popping off like you never did anything stupid in your life. Ain't nothing wrong with being Puertorican but plenty wrong with being dumb azz.

Gia

Can't these people get a little creative? The cries of 'racism' don't work anymore. The bitch is caught on film. Apparently she's too much of a coward to admit that she was wrong,

How funny that they took her ass out. Got EXACTLY what she deserved.

R.I.P Nuggets

Everybody knows Lala Vasquez is Dominican so stop frontin. Plenty of Dominicans pop off like Lala.

Quetou

Attention all white people. The race card will be played when you no longer hold the rest of the deck....that is stacked. Understand. If her use of that one card has you poo pooing on yourself and its typical, then your rationalization of your racism and evil nature is also typical.

Mikey

ITS BEEN SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN THAT LALA'S BRAIN IS THE SIZE OF A SQUIRREL.

MANNYYG

WHITE PEOPLE WITH EVIL NATURE?THE US JAIL SYSTEM IS 85 PERCENT BLACK PEOPLE!LET ME GUESS THEY WERE FRAMED!OR THE MAN FRAMED THEM!PLEASE FROM NOW ON WHEN YOU MENTION EVIL,DONT FORGET THE KILLERS ,THE RAPISTS AND BUGLARS =BLACK !THINK BEFORE YOU TALK YOUR IGNORANT RANTS!

bsb fan

Wasn't she an MTV VJ? And isn't she Ludacris' sister??

bsb fan

not Ludacris' sister.... but she was a vj on MTV!

Sick of the race card

What you didn't see was this "Lulu" throwing a drink on a partially blind young lady in the stands and her bodyguard making fun of a cancer victim!!! NO ONE threw a beer but the fans were trying to protect the blind and the ill ladies in the stands. So sick of the race card being pulled anytime something doesn't suit the black people. Was Mark Cuban wrong for mouthing at Carmello's mom? Absolutely...but if you watch the video she is smiling...don't think she was overly upset!!!

I'm better than you

Is this the same LaLa who used to work for MTV? I can't stand this bitch!