« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LaLa -- Racist Mavericks Fans Attacked Me First

5/12/2009 6:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LalaCarmelo Anthony's fiance LaLa Vazquez has released a statement claiming racial taunts and violent threats from Dallas Mavericks fans incited her at last night's NBA playoff game:

"Obviously the play-off games bring out the best and the worst in fans but what happened on Monday night with the racial slurs/threats, verbal attacks on my son and physical attacks to myself by irate fans was unacceptable. The fans were totally out of control.

What the cameras captured was me defending myself and didn't show the abuse that was taking place."

Footage shot at last night's game showed LaLa cursing and getting hostile as security tried to escort her out of the stands.

The Mavs and the Nugs are set to face off again tomorrow night.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

frogs and gravel

I think LA LA went ballistic because she found out they did not serve beans and rice at the arena.

Denver fan living in Dallas

I was sitting in 119 Row E two rows behind LaLa, and her bodyguard actually started the altercation by suggesting that a women who was sitting behind them "go get a face lift" or something along those lines... everyone within earshot reacted obviously.. and next thing you know LaLa is screaming "don't you f-ing touch me".. but no one ever touched her or did anything to her.. I certainly never heard any racist comments.. and by the way I'm a Nuggets fan and my kids are Mavs fans... I really could careless about all of this, but I don't think that she is in the right by trying to pull the race card when she and her bodyguard instigated everything.

breebreeee

who care about this bull d.yke , people still watch the nba? much less the denver nuggets? im going to believe the comments posted here from people who where at the game more then this skeeze, but either way much like her career this will fade in a matter of minutes.

mffl

Why the hell does LaLa have a bodyguard? 99:1 odds that anyone would recognize her.. 100:1 odds that if she was recognized that anyone would care. No wonder Carmelo has been "engaged" to her for 5 years.. I wouldn't want to marry her either..he recognized it after the fact.. get the hint bLAh bLAh

Smee

JJ, I'm sorry, but your comment is ignorant.

I bet you think black people get alll the help they can from the government too. I bet you even want a WET. Awww.

Smee

It's funny that in the world today we have bet,we have all black awards,we have black people teaching there children to hate the white man/woman but yet you call us racist......me personaly i think the indians have way more to me pissed about than the black man......and if i remember right from the history books did'nt black people sell black people to the white man.......
Again with you idiots, talking about BET, etc.

Yes, africans sold slaves to the slave traders, but they were not in such a bad condition. They were not chained up and sold away from their families, or born to either work in the fields or breed. They were not hung even after slavery for not kissing on the shoes of the ignorant white people.

All black teachers do not teach kids to "hate the white man," and I don't understand where you got that. Tyler Perry movies?

And if you're talking about "Native Americans", I don't think you can say one set of people should get treated better than the other because they had it worse. Honestly, I think Africans and Native American were treated the same way: Horribly.

So please, go back to 4chan, and stop posting comments that have poor grammar and stupid points.

Smee

it just doesn't make sense that people paying to see black men, 90% percent of the players are black, are going to be making racist statements.
I don't even know why people hate each other!!!! I mean, there isn't even racism anymore!!!!! It's gone!!!!!

hey lala, get a life you dumb #####, funny how a black guy rips the white race last week in the airport but when the white people start insulting the black race the blacks come out screaming racism. I remember just a few days ago on here the black people told us whites to quit our crying...you should do the same lala and other backers! I've met personally in my life more racist blacks than I have racist whites!
YEAH, IT'S NOT FAIR THAT WE CAN'T BE RACIST WITHOUT PEOPLE GETTING UPSET.

SQueeZZ29

Guess what #14, you may not be white but I bet you are close to it. MAVS SUCK!!!!!!!! 4-1 DENVER

Smee

95% of the black race voted for Obama.
Look at me, I can say stats but not backing them up! Then say stupid things like THAT'S RACIST!

It's funny how people talk about that when they don't talk about all the hicks voting for McCain.

You don't look shocked if you are hurling racial slurs and someone retaliates.
Uhhh, most people do.

I wasn't right behind where they were sitting,
Then please don't talk.

Also. there is a such thing as affirmative action. That works for minorities... not whites. I doubt very seriously a white C student got in before you for any other reason other than he applied first and was accepted first. Don't come on here lying.
Don't come in here acting as if what you think is FACT.

You see her acting a fool with the black security guard, so don't give me that racist crap.
Wow, she was screaming at a black person. Black people can't be racist to black people, ohnoes.

God, you guys are all dumbasses.

bestfriends?

its so funny how sooooo many people on these comments are CLAIMING they were RIGHT THERE when it happened, or KNOW SOMEBODY that was right there, and that she's "lying"...STFU and give us some more proof before you say some BS, you guys know damn well YOU WERENT THERE AND DONT KNOW S***!!

bestfriends?

#42AND ALSO....I WAS THERE I SAT DIRECTLY BEHIND ONE OF THE LADIES THAT CALLED HER SON A BASTARD......YES WHEN YOU BRING THE CHILD INTO IT.....THATS NOT SOMETHING TO PLAY WITH.

............................................................................................

you are definitley RIGHT, they did call her son a "bastard"! You dont bring kids into and I bet if any other of you dumb a***** herd somebody call your child that you would not be sitting in your seat afterwards! LaLa has been to plenty of her husbands games, so if she was going to lash out over fans comments, dont you think she would have BEEN done it! OBVIOUSELY they said something that wasnt said before! You dont talk about somebodies child.,EVER!

bestfriends?

YOU ASK WHY WE ARE STILL "PULLING THE RACE CARD"??????
.....................................................

143. She should shut her mouth and be happy we let her stay in America. Otherwise, go home Lala Vasquez and take your millions of relatives with you. peace.

145. Puerto Ricans are black.
Slave ships, stop over at that island...many escape or are dropped off.
Violaa, black Puerto Ricans.
Oh, and I banged one once and their coochie looks black too.

123. So she's rich and has her family toiling for her as maids and she is still an ignorant ghetto chola. Dominicans can never be taught to act properly. She's lucky we don't send her back to her hut i banana land

134. So somebody calls her a Ni**er and she shows them by acting like one? Seems strange to me.

81. WHITE POWER!!

68. That's it, sista...
Play the race card to excuse your trashy behavior.
Loser

53. 8. this is why there's nothing but fried chicken in the ghetto....bitches don't know how to act.

39. #35 is right! This noisy stupid woman caused all the problems in the first place, send her back to her own island I am tired of their invasion.

33. damn theres some nasty hoes out there, what the hell? looks like Shanikwah got pissed off real quick.

BECAUSE THERE IS STILL RACISTS OUT THERE AS OBVIOUSELY SHOWN BY THE ABOVE COMMENTS, AND THIS IS JUST ON A COMMENT BOARD ON A WEBSITE. FOR ALL OF YOU CLAIMING YOUR GETTING TIRED OF PEOPLE PULLING THE RACE CARD, IM SORRY, BUT DID YOU ACCIDENTALLY SKIP BY ALL THESE COMMENTS. IF YOUR GOING TO MAKE A VALID POINT, MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE LOSERS ALL AROUND YOU CONTRADICTING EVERYTHING YOU SAY!
THANKS

tamone

i believe her,
shes HOOD what can i say
sista gotta stand her ground, fmaous or not

JO

THE DALLAS FANS ARE JUST A BUNCH OF CRY BABIES THEIR JUST PISSED BECAUSE THE NUGGETS ARE KICKING THEIR BUTTS . BRING ON THE KOBE AND THE LAKERS FANS BECAUSE THEIR CRY BABIES TOO

James66

Dallas fans have this really ugly sense of entitlement. They can do no wrong!

The league better step in -- chants of "O-V-E-N, O-V-E-N" against the utterly vile Mark Cuban would make the league look pretty bad...wouldn't it?

Alright Dallas fans -- back to sucking off Shlomo :) Hope he throws you a bone -- 'cause your basketball team isn't doing too well LoL :)