« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LaLa -- Racist Mavericks Fans Attacked Me First

5/12/2009 6:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LalaCarmelo Anthony's fiance LaLa Vazquez has released a statement claiming racial taunts and violent threats from Dallas Mavericks fans incited her at last night's NBA playoff game:

"Obviously the play-off games bring out the best and the worst in fans but what happened on Monday night with the racial slurs/threats, verbal attacks on my son and physical attacks to myself by irate fans was unacceptable. The fans were totally out of control.

What the cameras captured was me defending myself and didn't show the abuse that was taking place."

Footage shot at last night's game showed LaLa cursing and getting hostile as security tried to escort her out of the stands.

The Mavs and the Nugs are set to face off again tomorrow night.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

mE

People act like racism doesn't exist. It's clearly right here on these boards.

WAMP!!

I can not WAIT until Mark Cuban and his family come to Denver, they better bring some escorts!!!

oest

I'm tripping at you people generalizing that Dominicans won't raise up on you. There are white people who will do the same thing. Quit spreading false stereotypes; there are rowdy ones in every race.

Kat

55. She is Puerto Rican and probably illegal.Lala my floor needs moping.

Posted at 6:09PM on May 12th 2009 by Lou Dobbs

Ok, so I dont normally comment but I just wanted to point out that Puerto Rico is a United States territory and therefore anyone can come from Puerto Rico LEGALLY. Why do you think you don't need a passport to visit dumbass.

The Canadian

Always with the race card. Just because that kind of behaviour is all she sees 'down in da hoooood', she thinks white people act that way too. If the behaviour of the fans was so bad, so racist, so insulting, why is there no footage of that??? Yeah, I thought so. Shaddup rich bitch, just because yo' ol' man gotz some green in the account, doesn't mean you can call out an entire race when a b-ball fan sez he sux. You're outta the game doll, cuz you already played your card.

oest

60. Um that pictures looks like she's black to me. Puerto ricans live near me and man they are the whitest people compare to her. But still, SHUT THE F UP RACISTS!

Posted at 6:13PM on May 12th 2009 by F YOU

----------------

That simply means you haven't been exposed the full aesthetic range of Puerto Ricans. Most of what you see represented in the media are the white, or middle, phenotype people, only. There's more. Visit Puerto Rico, or Spanish Harlem in New York.

R.I.P Nuggets

I'm shocked she didn't stab the referees with the knives she keeps in her knock off Gucci purse.

oest

For the people who keep calling her uneducated, she's an alumni of Howard University, one of the best schools in the country, where she studied Communications. So, she's educated in 'that aspect'. She's human, just like you. None of you would allow anyone to get away with talking out of pocket to you for no reason.

Cori

obviously by the tone and comments that you bloggers have racism still exist. apparently the bloggers have foul and ignorant comments as if they know every one and everything. Everyone needs to take a chill pill and read the dictionary what racism really means. to all of you who are saying you were at the game and saw what happened. If you were at the game you were paying attention to the game and not the people in the stands, you dont know what happened. So mind your business and get a life. How is it you are saying she is pulling the race card, than two seconds later, she is a taco thug or something of that nature. I guess your comments of the fans being racist was proof to be correct. didnt your mother teach you when some one steps to you uneducated and ignorant, to respond with class and dignity to prove them wrong. Apparentlly not.

mike

Jman8523

All of you on here talking about black people and that she if from the ghetto, proves that you are just as ignorant as the fans were. She may have grwon up in the ghetto maybe not but she has become a succesful woman without Carmelo Anthony. So before you talk about someone know the facts you dumb bitches.

Steve

I do cocaine.

oest

Most of you posters set a clear example as to why the Education System needs major reform, especially in the areas of ethnic, social and racial history in America.

kim

The fans were out of control? Doesnt her husbands team have fans also? So they were all out of control? Its called sticks and stones. If they were taunting her for a reaction she sure gave them what they wanted. So she condemns for making threats to her son but she cusses on national tyv which her son will probably see? 2 wrongs do not make a right. I feel for her if they wre esaying things about her son because that is unnecessary but she should have been an adult and just sat somewhere else.

Cori

97. ha ha ha ... sorry but had to comment. Howard University one of the best schools in the country.. I think you need to stop watching so much BET and pick up a book.. Howard is a joke in the corportate world and has a reputation for breeding open and out black racist propoganda. If I see Howard University on a resume, it is quickly put in the garbage for the problems that those candidates and others from black schools have caused my company. Thanks for the laugh though.

Posted at 6:57PM on May 12th 2009 by michelle

-----------------------------
That means you are violating Federal and state laws and you are prejudice. Please stop and think of the problems you are causing your company. If this is tru and you are proud or your actions. Please give your real name and company.