« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LaLa -- Racist Mavericks Fans Attacked Me First

5/12/2009 6:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LalaCarmelo Anthony's fiance LaLa Vazquez has released a statement claiming racial taunts and violent threats from Dallas Mavericks fans incited her at last night's NBA playoff game:

"Obviously the play-off games bring out the best and the worst in fans but what happened on Monday night with the racial slurs/threats, verbal attacks on my son and physical attacks to myself by irate fans was unacceptable. The fans were totally out of control.

What the cameras captured was me defending myself and didn't show the abuse that was taking place."

Footage shot at last night's game showed LaLa cursing and getting hostile as security tried to escort her out of the stands.

The Mavs and the Nugs are set to face off again tomorrow night.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Linda Mott

There is no place in our society to make racist comments. This includes race, religion, nationality, gender, position in life , political affiliation or any other personal opinion. We need to be tolerant of each other and respect each other as we are.

skanky skanks

odd. cameras captured 9/11. how did they not capture you being an antagonizing bitch???

oest

120. Well with the illegals invading every nook and cranny of America good luck with that. Maybe they should have told her to act like a human in Spanish so she could understand them, she obviously don't speak American.

Posted at 7:14PM on May 12th 2009 by Buzzcut
-----------------

You mean like all the white Russian and white Romanian illegals coming here via human trafficking rings?

skanky skanks

linda mott go screw yourself. sounds like you're a fat pig with no friends, and 30 cats in a single apartment, and a vaginal infection.

pua

Being an old Dallas expat, At least there is some fire in the city for a change. Mark Cuban just got lucky too young and has never really had control of himself very well. Oh, well, suddenly every one is White Trash in Dallas, how quaint of the other race baiters here.... and by the way, besides having Carmelo as a son,where is her 15??? Spent last night for sure.

Cori

no one stated that this was a race issue not looking at applicants that came from black schools. its called equal opportunity. that means you look at every application regardless of gender and race and hire the best suitable person for the job. we are not even talking about hiring one black or minority to get your quota. please hire some one with education. trust me their student loans need to be paid. Obviously you dont want me to come get you, you didnt give me anything to search for you. Do you know how to identify if some one is racist or not? Thats the person that alsways says I have this one black friend or I have a black neighbor. a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race : this is racism. this is exactly how you are representing yourself.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

!!

112. Well with the illegals invading every nook and cranny of America good luck with that. Maybe they should have told her to act like a human in Spanish so she could understand them, she obviously don't speak American.
Posted at 7:14PM on May 12th 2009 by Buzzcut

Speak American?
Speak American?!
REALLY??!

Go back to your OWN country... America can do without YOUR DUMB ass and ALL the other PREJUDICE, DUMB asses!!

Cori

no, she will go back to one of her several homes and have her maid and butler take care of business. I cant believe most of you have so much hatred for yourself that you attack other people. you all are very angry sad people. Hopefully all of you are not spawning any inverted prejudice, racist, that hide behind computers. but could tell someone to their face that you are racist because you cant admit it to your self. Any race can be racist. and anyone can be prejudice.

R.I.P Nuggets

What the hell are you talking about you stupid bitch! Lala is not Dominican she is Puertorican dumbass. Are you deaf and dumb like your mother?

oest

114. First of all she is hispanic not black. There seems to be a lot of rascist people on this site. I am not black but this is not the way I'm used to seeing her behave. I always try to base my opinions of a person of past events. I am not saying I totally agree or disagree with her actions. Some of the comments being posted are silly.Believe it or not white people,this happens to black, asian, hispanic, and all races of people sometimes. White people always say that people use the race card, but don't even get it. There have been cases where whites have filed discrimination lawsuits. Is this considered using the race card? Some people ae bigots and don't even realize it.

Posted at 7:33PM on May 12th 2009 by zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
------------

There are people who are both Black & Hispanic, or Black & Latino. There people who identify as White Hispanic/Latinos, Indigenous (Native American) Hispanic/Latinos, & Asian Hispanic/Latinos as well.

MadgeRocks

oest

119. I worked with LaLa on TRL for a bit.. girl has an attitude and a mouth. not surprised she was involved in an altercation. not surprised in the least...

Posted at 7:41PM on May 12th 2009 by joethehoe4life
------

Liar.

Terri

Holy moley, so glad I just stick to OSU Football. Not so sure I believe any of you that said you were at the game. Second, where the hell is the video of said confrontation? Makes me highly suspicious, and if no video, where's all the phone camera shots and/or the phone camera videos? I hate racism and those that spew it, you people make me sick. If the woman happens to be lying about any racist remarks thrown at her, than that should come out and she should be made a laughing stock and become known as a LIAR. For the one that wants to go live where there aren't any blacks and yet would be happy to abide by a terrorist, what a sick, sick person you are, I so hope you do not have children. And I'm just curious with that point of view of yours, are you a current member of the Arayan Nation? If not, I can't fathom why not, you're definitely a poster child for their cause. The black people move into "our" neighborhoods because we're smart so they can learn from us etc? Please put down your freakin crack pipe, and lay aside your big assanine ego (oh and by the way, I'm very much white). I guess back in slavery days, "they" moved into our plantations because "we were so smart and wanted to learn from us" huh? Hmm, as I recall in my History classes, they surely did not move in on their own accord, they were bought and forced to work for we whites, and when things weren't done as the Master wanted, they were beaten to a pulp, or the women (also beaten) were raped at the Masters will. Oh yes, learn they did. You bunch of lowlifes, you need to crawl into a damn waste treatment plant and drown and I'd be happy to throw the switch since I'm white and so smart and all. And by the way, I just don't despise racism towards blacks, I despise for all races -- but that does not mean I like all people of all races, to include my own race, as I've obviously made clear here. But I don't judge on color you sickos, I judge on intelligence, character, trust, loyalty, humor, truthfulness, tolerance, etc. And there is not a doubt in my mind that I'll be going to heaven.....but I know I won't be seeing many of you haters there (and rightfully so).

1983

I went to visit my bestfriend who lives in a really small town. She is white and I am black. I had a group of people calling me racial slurrs. My bestfriend threw her drink on them because she was just as offended as I was. All white people aren't racist but some are which is pretty sad. People of all races face the same poblems and have the same opportunities. People should just stop being rascist. Those who are pretending to be victims of rascism should also stop. There are people who have really been lynched, beaten, and arrested because of rascism. Using this as an excuse is an insult to the true victims.