Ron White -- Fine with a Fine

5/19/2009 11:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ron White was crackin' jokes about that stupid attempt to fine him for firing up a cigar in North Dakota -- but it still might be the State gettin' the last laugh.

Ron White: Click to watch
TMZ ran into Ron outside Cut restaurant in Beverly Hills yesterday, where the funnyman finally addressed that dumb ass complaint filed by a plain-clothed officer in Bismarck who says he witnessed White breaking a city ordinance against smoking in a public place.

White seemed to be under the impression that he was off the hook -- but according to the Bismark City Attorney, Ron isn't out of the woods yet -- and will still probably have to pay that $100 fine -- chump change to a guy rollin' around the BH in a Bentley.

.:Loki 4Ever:.

ehhh, not really caring.

Cleveland-West_Side

Been some stories bouncing around North Dakota’s thinking about installing indoor plumbing, any truth to that?

JANE DOE

Good give Him a ticket!
Why didn't He smoke in His fancy Bentley?

tard in the hood

Tater can't run from the long arm of the law.

Ethel Pooty

That's his "thing". He smokes cigars and drinks while doing his bit. I'm sure $100 isn't gonna make a difference to him. He's funny as hell. I'm sure he'll work this into his act.

Firefly

He even admitted to using them as stage props.

janet

who?

SpellIt

Bismarck. Not Bismark. Spell the name right. Jeez.

oprah & michel hater

BISMARK............IF THESE CITIES WANT TO BAN SMOKING...THEN WHY BE HYPOCRITICAL AND SELL THE PRODUCTS YOU ARE BANNING.....IF YOU DONT WANT CIGARETTE SMOKING IN YOUR CITY...BAN THE SALE...AND DO NOT ACCEPT ANY TOBACCO TAX DOLLARS, THEN WE WILL SEE PROPERTY TAXES GO SKY HIGH....IF I WAS A SMOKER AND GOT A FINE...I WOULD DEFINITLY SUE THAT CITY FOR SELLING SOMETHING THEY BANNED. HELL EVERYBODY...I FIND IT CHEAPER TO SMOKE POT THESE DAYS ANYWAY!

kat

I love this man! He is the best comic around in my opinion. I'd rather meet him than any other star in the world. I've always wanted to sit down with him and find out how to get into the comedy business,. But I'd also like to lie down with him and find out how to get into his pants. He's hot and funny. Deadly combination. If he wasn't married I would probably give up my job and follow him around the country.

SickofTMZ

Again, they caught him....they caught "The Tater!"

TimP

I'm sure the Tater will open with it in his act for the next 6 mths. He got a million dollars worth of material for $100. He should than ND. Plus I'm sure ND will now receive vengeance in his act about being backward and inbred.

blahnd

I'm from ND and completely embarassed about this. As I am sure some of you are by the choice's your law enforcement team makes and imposes on you. However, you don't need to bash us as people or our state as a whole. Just shows how closed minded some of you really are. Either way, as you sit there and fight the "recession", all us "backwards-imbred" people are laughing our asses off at you losing your jobs:)

ketielynn

That story alone inserted into his act will help make him thousands more. You go Tater! I love this guy.

bemybaby

Defiant smoker, badass Ron White dies of throat cancer.