TLC: Who Needs J.Lo? We Got Jon & Kate!

5/27/2009 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources at TLC tell us the J.Lo reality show they wanted so badly a year ago is dead as a doornail, thanks in large part to the success of "Jon & Kate Plus 8."

Jon and Kate

It was just a year ago that TMZ broke the story that J.Lo and TLC were trying to come to terms on a reality show but J.Lo was adamant that she would not put her kids on TV -- she wanted to focus on ... yawn ... behind the scenes on creating a new J.Lo fragrance. TLC, we're told, wanted to show the kiddies.

Fast forward to Monday night -- Jon & Kate scored an astonishing 9.8 million viewers. TLC sources tell us it's pretty clear the J.Lo ain't gonna sell tickets anymore, so they have shelved the show. As one TLC source put it, "It was on life support for awhile, and now we've just lost interest."

The moral -- even big stars have their 15 minutes, so they should make the most of it while they can.

Al Baby

kate show us your tits

1938 days ago

Jon and Kate, kick the camera crew out, Kate drop your ridiculous book tour, put your marriage back together and take of those kids and stop EXPLOITING them for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

jared

If my wife continually chose money and fame over my family and I, I would cheat on her too.... then leave her. Kate Gosselin is a disgusting human in every sense of the world and I'm glad Jon came around to see that.

who has the facts? ME

J Lo and Marc should thank their lucky stars - seems anyone with a reality show ends up divorced and unhappy.
TLC - do the right (not profitable) thing and pull the plug on Jon and Kate...for the sake of the kids and family.

1938 days ago

No. 2 -- You would cheat on your wife too and you call her disgusting. What would you call yourself? Cheating on your wife is NOT the answer marital problems. Don't ever get married.

UptownRazorback

I really haven't been paying attention to these PWT's. But seriously, the whole affair thing was a publicity stunt to get ratings for the show. I mean seriously, all of this crap at once. Weeks before the brand new season. They have offically been stamped a FAKEALITY SHOW.

tiger'smomaphonytoo

TLC is smiling all the way to the bank since Jon & Kate's ratings soared.

NOW is the time to burst the TLC bubble. It will be even more dramatic if no one watches the NEXT Jon & Kate show.

A graph that goes way up and a graph that goes WAY DOWN, should slap the smile off TLC faces and hit them in the money belt.

yeah....and?

I love all the cry babies. WWAAANNNHHHHH, Kate is mean. She yelled at me, she isn't constantly kissing my ass. Please.

Her husband went along with the ride! Money, cameras and all. Now its all her fault? Gee, cheating makes a marraige work evrytime. I don't condone a thing that this couple has done. Forcing a lifestyle on their children that is totaly wayyyyy out of the norm, shoving cameras and strangers in their house. Now they have debt out the nose and bought this new house they will have to paid for, so they are stuck in this nightmare. Good times.

Reality TV sucks for the people on camera. WHEN will the rest of the wanna-be's get this? I'm talking to you Real Housewives of where ever. You tools are a bigger peice of work, all of ya! I often wonder what these people are thinking.

I'll stick to my nice little insignificate life thanks. At least I can wrestle my panties outta my ass without a camera glaring at me!

Lizzie

Considering only for a minute that these folks behavior is "fake" is truly disgusting because of all the little lives hanging in the balance. Does it give anybody else the creeps seeing the child asking Daddy to come back? I agree - pull the plug on these insensitive parents!

artie help

i would eat J.LO's ass

Shiningstar790

I think they should quit the t.v show and let those kids grow up in peace!!! Its sad that Kate will do the show even if it is by herself for money! Those kids will more then likely not forgive her for what she did and they will blame her for the divorce!! I thought they should have quit the show last season, I had no idea Kate was this greedy!!!!

pat donovan

So the bloody car crash that the Gosselin's personal life has become provokes the TMZ staff to suggest that Jennifer Lopez and family should have taken advantage of THEIR moment in the glare of kleig lights and flashbulbs.

Crikey! Let me peel some of this blood-soaked cash off my eyes and say that J Lo knew what Jon and Kate apparently didn't: You live by the media, you die by the media.

American Patriot!

Of course, Kate & Jon all the way! Nobody is interested in seeing a fat-desperate-to-stay-famous Puerto Rican housewife and her alien ugly looking kids. The Gosselin 8 are a thousand times more interesting and cuter.

Smacky

Does anyone give a flipping fig about J-Lo? I'm still sick of her from the Bennifer days. And so is everybody else!
This Kate person will be lucky to land an appearance at a car dealership opening in a year for the same reason.

Doris

Please leave your nasty comments to your selves..( and let him (or her without sin cast the first stone.) My hearts go out to these two people and I truly hope they can save their marriage.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments