'Jon & Kate' Under Investigation

5/29/2009 2:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Pennsylvania Department of Labor is investigating whether "Jon & Kate Plus 8" is complying with child labor laws.

Jon and Kate

A Labor Dept. spokesperson says there's been a complaint and they are investigating.

A TLC rep tells us, "TLC fully complies with all applicable laws and regulations. "Jon & Kate Plus 8" is no exception. For an extended period of time, we have been engaged in cooperative discussions and supplied all requested information to the Pennsylvania Department of Labor. We will continue to engage the appropriate officials and meet any standards or regulations that are applicable to TLC productions."

Story developing...
Jon and Kate Launch photos

Lisa

So why isn't the show Toddlers & Tiaras under investigation? They are actually working on there? Why is no one complaining about that?

tiger'smomaphonytoo

Kate, start running, the TIDAL WAVE IS COMING!

TLC, dirtbags, you don't have to run, just drown from your guilt with destroying a family with 8 little children. How do you sleep at night?

yeah....and?

AAAAHHHH goodnessgracious, girlfriend you're on here too!

To assume we are all losers is a stretch isn't it? By, your logic I guess your in the pea pod too.

That said, do you think its okay they pimp out their children? And then the Chrtistmas remark, when the kids get to be adults, they will tell you like many children of the wealthy, that they would have liked to have a nice little normal childhood, not a bought one. Ya, know, one where Mom and Dad are actually married and happy and no one cheats or leaves for weeks on end to talk to some church. Please, you must not have kids yet.

You must be related to Paris and those piece of work parents she has.

By the way, I'm at my high paying job now. I got it like that. Not unlike many of my other gossip loving co-workers.

The Doc Is In

If people realy want to protect the kids, they would quit supporting the show. Of course, by doing so the kids may be harmed by eating less healthy, having rags for clothes and zero chance at a college tuition.

If you want to really protect children, you would quit supporting the paps, like TMZ, who make a fortune intruding into the lives of others just to satisfy the desires of their suporters to live life thru celebrities.

Can't have it both ways. If you think that the kids are exploited, you can't think that supporting TMZ with their pictures of hollywood parents and kids can be a good thing.

me2

I read that Jodie had her hand out for a paycheck. She was turned down and cut out of the show. That is why she is on her anti John and Kate spin now.

HA, HA, HA, HA! Where did you hear that? On BABY MAMA's website. Why don't you educate yourself! TLC (the loser channel) offered to pay Jodi for filming in JODI's house and Kate nixed it and fired her. Only Kate and Jon get to make a living off their children's backs (and their bowel movements!)

CoolKid

Hey KATE, make sure you save some of the money your KIDS are making for you so you can pay for their RHAB when they get older!!!

Lisa

me2

#54 "Which is worse for the kids? A camera in their face but food on their plate or privacy tied to a poor diet?
A camera that offers financial security or privacy that offers ragged clothing and little chance for college?"

Why doesn't Kate go work in a hospital and Jon get an ITjob? That's what the rest of us normal people do....we work! Not sit on our plastic chairs and complain. BTW have you seen their diet? Check out youtube. It looks like crackers and grapes...yeah that's real healthy! Though it is organic! (snark)

me2

57. You know, I know quite a few people that take pictures of their child's first bowel movement. I too live in PA so maybe it's a PA thing.

That's not saying much for the residents of Pennsylvania.

Nora

I HAVE NEVER AND DONT PLAN ON HAVING THAT MANY KIDS... ONLY HAVE ONE... BUT I AM SURE IT MUST BE HARD... MOST PEOPLE CAN'T RAISE FOUR LET ALONE EIGHT ... BECUASE OF THE FACINATION OF THIS TV SHOW THESE KIDS WILL HAVE A GREAT FUTURE, THEY SEEM SMART AND LEVEL HEADED. LET THEM MAKE MONEY.. DONT BE HATERZ!~ WORRY ABOUT "LOW INCOME" OR ABUSED KIDS... THESE EIGHT CHILDREN ARE FINE GO FIGHT THOSE OTHER BATTLES.

barbwire

It's about time PA looked into this. Kate is such a FAME WH**E all she wants is the attention on herself. She could care less about Jon or the kids!

BronzedDawn

Give it up Julie,Jodie and Kevin ...as if no one could figure it out that you trekked there as fast as you did- have some respect...youre exploiting the kids by complaining like you are!

Kate

When children are on tv shows or making movies they are only allowed to be on the set for a set number of hours. But that isn't the case with reality shows. I'm glad it's being investigated. If these kids are indeed being filmed for hours at a time or day in and day out then someone needs to step in and do right by them. Kate and Jon should be ashamed of themselves for letting this get so out of hand. I wonder if the fame and fortune was all worth it?

KarenB

I hope for those dear children's sake that something is done SOON to take this 'reality' (I use that term very loosely!) show off the air. These children DESERVE to have a normal childhood and a normal life. That person who claims to be their mother and who does not act like a mother needs to be stopped. No MOTHER would put their children through all she has. And shame on TLC.

Jamie

That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've heard. You know that white trash Kevin & Jodi is behind it. And its obvious from some of these comments that Jodi is on here posting again. Why don't you try getting a life, you crackhead loser.