Alba Apologizes

for Defacing

Oklahoma City

6/9/2009 7:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Alba is seriously apologizing for tagging Oklahoma City -- and a United Way billboard -- with posters of great white sharks ... but she's also tossing blame at the shark lovers she got involved with.

Jessica Alba
Here's the statement Jessica just released:

"I got involved in something I should have had no part of. I realize that I should have used better judgment and I regret not thinking things through before I made a spontaneous and ill-advised decision to let myself get involved with the people behind this campaign. I sincerely apologize to the citizens of Oklahoma City and to the United Way for my involvement in this incident."

Kami

Of course, start blaming others for your stupidity

Leigh

So what's gotten into that girl, running with a bad crowd, drugs?

Wow

Annette:

I think the frustration you're reading is the result of years of preachy celebrities trying to impose their views on the public. The fact that she never questioned herself about whether this was the right thing to do says a lot about her sense of entitlement and Hollywood self-righteousness. By the way, what WAS the point of all of this? Are sharks suddenly in imminent danger? It was illegal, stupid, AND pointless.

Kodak

All these peeps u think r cool are just ashholes. Come on Alba, the world has enough HATE!

Doublelattehaze

Sorry...doesn't mean jack

Alba needs to cough up $$$$$ to pay for the damages and the repairs that need to be made so that the people of Oklahoma do not have to pay for her stupidity!

Kodak

GRAFITTI HAS NO GOOD CAUSE

Kodak

Send her to blonde rehab. Beatch.

Mayu

I bet that little surfer girl who lost an arm and leg to a great white shark feels for Alba's cause.

megan_gp

IF SHE WAS LLOKING FOR SOMETHING TO DO SHE COULD OF VISITED OUR
BOMBING MEMORIAL.
THEN SHE COULD OF SPENT HER TIME READING THE NAMES OF THE 168
INNOCENT MEN, WOMEN, AND CHILDREN WHO LOST THEIR LIVES AND THE OTHER
800 THAT WERE INJURED IN THE APRIL 19, 2000 BOMBING.
DAMAGING 324 BUILDING IN A 16 BLOCK RADIUS, ESTIMATED TO OF COST $652
MILLION IN DAMAGES.

SO I ASK YOU MS. ALBA DONT YOU THINK OKLAHOMA HAS SUFFERED ENOUGH
DAMAGE AND VANDALISM?

OUR MEMORIAL READS:

We come here to remember those who were killed, those who survived and those changed forever. May all who leave here know the impact of violence. May this memorial offer comfort, strength, peace, hope and serenity.

NOW I WONDER HOW MANY TMZ WILL THINK THATS FUNNY ALSO.

This was posted by another commenter and there is just one little correction: It was 1995 not 2000. And may we also remind Jessica of the 19 children who were killed that were around the same age as her own daughter. So you can see how come Oklahomans do get offended when the city we pay and work to rebuild gets messed up. Think a little jessica it goes along way.

Kodak

Make her fertilize her organic veggies with shark feces! Alba's a loser...

Linda Mott

She has no respect for the rights of others. What idiots people make of themselves when they get obsessed with a cause. Let your cause be presented, but not by hurting someone else's rights or property.

Righter of Wrongs

Why are people still pissed she chooses not to define herself based upon her race.

I'm glad she knows that there is more to life than the color of your skin.

I wish a lot more ass-hat TMZ readers would get a clue.

Kodak

i got your tbone right here!!!!!!

Kodak

he said bone

Kodak

she ain't got no brain, VANDAL