Jon & Kate

Plus Divorce Papers

6/22/2009 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jon And Kate Gosselin
Jon
and Kate Gosselin just filed papers for divorce, this according to People.com.

According to the report, the papers were filed moments ago in Pennsylvania.

The two have been married for ten years. They have 8 kids together -- hence the title of that show.

There are reports claiming Jon is planning on moving to New York to live. Sources say he is considering moving into Trump Place.

jan

I am really sad about Kate & Jon divorcing. Alot of people blame her, but she had to be controlling with Jon as a husband. He was like another kid, very immature & still saying how much he loves his kids, but is planning on moving far away from them. I think he just doesn't like all the pressure of caring for all the kids & wants to go out & party with young girls. I am team Kate all the way!!! I hope she finds a real man....

Michelle Jackson

Do any of you IDIOTS realize how close NY is to PA? Not that far retards. Get off Jon's back. Other than earrings, and hair plugs, he is the only parent that I'm able to watch w/ out gritting my teeth. Kate needs to go on the show OBSESSIVE!

Wifey2Joe

I cried over the news. I told my husband that I was so sad because they lost it. They lost the friendship, the communication, the partnership, the love, and the committment. A marriage takes work. It's great they're willing to work at their separation for the sake of their beautiful children, but imagine if they had been this eager to work at their marriage. We promised each other to never loose sight of what is important and to never stop talking to one another. God help them.

upset2

It is very upsetting to see the upheaval of this family.
Jon and his new diamond earrings needs to grow up and realize that being ONLY 32, as he put it , does not exclude him from taking care of his children by being with them every day....not out with some bimbo.
It's not like he's some gorgeous hunk of man.....and HOW will he afford to live in Trump property in New York? All the free outings they have gotten didn't have to be if he has that kind of bucks!
Kate also needs to learn to talk TO not AT her mate.
Jon needs to sit down and talk to Kate and work this out instead of jumping right into divorce! She said that he will not discuss this with her........it that a MAN?

Mary

She chased him away with her nagging, and controlling... I am surprised his ego took it this long... She was taking every ounce of his manhood, and almost succeeded... Run as fast as you can from that witch, Jon... Find a real woman who treats you like you deserve to be treated... Kate will need a major attitude adjustment before any man will put up with her BS,,, She thinks she is all that, and she is so NOT....

Marla

I hope Jon reads these comments. If so, you better be careful what you wish for, because you have eight (8) children, and now you will be paying child support for all of them. And there is no way you should get off the hook for that. Those kids are entitled to it and they deserve it. So does Kate, after all she will be the one who has them all the time. Jon will fade out of the picture eventually, as a lot of the fathers do. Then Kate will be on her own all the time. I am not crazy about her, because she asked for this by the way she treated Jon on the show, and most likely in their personal life. He just have gotten sick and tired of it, and now this. But someone is going to pay for these children.

Dude

Oh please she has always been the way she is...he just has money now so he can afford to leave its, not her at all!

Kelly

Pull the plug TLC

polly purebred

If I'm not mistaken, you can file for divorce in any county you choose.

First of all, none of us sitting here know what really happened, except for what we've seen on TV. Most of us have seen enough to know that Kate is a bitch, she's controlling, belittling, condescending and a host of other adjectives no one needs in a spouse. Recently, we've seen her be purposely cruel to her children, closer to her bodyguard than she should be, and play the victim to a "T". Personally, I can only imagine what goes on that we don't see. And I shutter when I think of how she probably treats those poor dogs.

As for Jon getting an apartment in NYC, do we know he's actually moving there, or is this simply going to be his bachelor pad? It's entirely possible, he will live most of the time close by, or not. We don't know.

They both expolited their children for fame and fortune. There are other families with as many or more children making ends meet however they can, valuing the family even if it means accepting public assistance if necessary. On tonight's episode, I caught Kate saying the house belongs to the children - someone should make her prove it. Whose name is on the deed?

I hope some judge appoints an guardian ad litem to represent the interests and needs of those kids, because I don't think either parent has a clue about what's in the best interests of those kids.

MominReading

YAY Jon! He finally manned up! Good for him! Kate's not real good at faking tears.

Michelle Jackson

RobyninReading. I noticed the same thing. Funny! She's counting the money already. She's loving it because she can play it up even more as being the so-called victim!

Cory (yes Feldman)

This was coming light a head on train collision... color me
surprised!

Kalah

I think that their decision is best for the kids. Trying to force them to be together when their unhappy is wrong & unhealthy for both John, Kate & also the kids...Im sure they won't do another season if they don't think its good for the kids, but there the parents & they know whats best for their family.

NVFitness

JON! Is an opportunist and shallow! Why doesn't he at least stay close to the kids? Typical MAN! I feel bad for KATE!

mememe

I'm sorry for the kids. Jon should have manned up in the first year of the show. I liked the show and the family although Kate has a big mouth and liked being the boss. I hope the best for all of them.