Jackson Doc Declines to Chat with Cops

7/18/2009 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've learned Dr. Conrad Murray canceled an interview with the LAPD.

As we have already reported, the LAPD is treating Michael Jackson's death as a homicide. Detectives have their sights set on Murray, as the person who may have administered the drug Propofol, which we're told is the primary cause of Jackson's death.

We're told the LAPD planned a third interview with Dr. Murray earlier in the week -- the doctor was interviewed the day Jackson died and again two days later.

Reps from the L.A. County Coroner's office planned to attend the third interview, but we're told Dr. Murray's lawyer called and said the doctor would not be speaking to the cops at this time.

And here's the best part. Our sources say the cops called the lawyer back and they were referred to the lawyer's lawyer who said Dr. Murray's lawyer would not be speaking to them!

Previous 15 Comments | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34

Ahem

Go to 8:11-12 to see the shoulder shrug.

Looking at this again, I don't think he looks or acts high necessarily. It's silly, sure, and not very substantial, but so what? I think MJ was probably just having a bit of fun.

Ahem

It has been reported that Dr. Murray was behind in child support payments and had other money troubles. He had been hired by a celebrity who was known for being 'private'. Everyone had to sign confidentiality agreements. The 32 y/o guard, Alberto Alvarez, had not even told his closest friends who he had been working for for the past year and a half. He had been trained not to talk about that. Once I read that, it made more sense that he would not use his employer's name during the 911 call. Dr. Murray may have been reluctant to call 911 for the same reason. Let's say he called 911 and Michael was taken to UCLA and survived. You can bet Dr. Murray would have been out of a job after that, so bye bye 150K per month. MJ was paying him big money to keep him out of hospitals. I am not saying what he did was right -- it wasn't. But I can see why staff and others working for MJ might have erred on the side of caution before calling 911, because they knew if they called it wrong, they were all out of jobs.

Ahem

Geraldine Hughes, who worked for Barry Rothman, one of the attorneys who was hired by Evan Chandler to advise him on the 1993 civil suit against MJ says that MJ was framed. She has written a book, which I am tracking down. Has anyone here read it? I am not promoting the book and do not know Ms. Hughes, just interested in as many viewpoints as i can find.

sippy

#605, MJFan, I still agree with you. MJ was just having fun. That's what I meant when I said I felt he was "acting up" when I saw this back in about March or so (I meant the shoulder shrug and sneer). And I've seen other photos, and videos since then. In fact, I saw one somewhere a couple months ago in which he was asked directly something to the effect, could he still moonwalk, and he replies, "Why would I not be able to still moonwalk," or something to that effect. And I am not saying MJ has never been addicted to painkillers in the past. He himself has said he had been. But in this case, I think what some folks (the dancers; AEG even) have described is right on the mark---he was not a stumbling wreck, or slurringly high as a kite. No way could he keep time for those concert rehearsals, if so. I think what happened was---there was some sort of medical mistake made, because of some sort of misadministration of Demerol or Diprivan; or something along those lines. I felt that way from day one.

Ahem

OMG. Joe Jackson and someone he knows named 'Leonard' both are on Larry King Live saying (implying, rather) that AEG brought in Dr. Murray to 'adminster' to Michael. They say it is foul play. They can't say murder, and they aren't, but their meaning is clear. HIs 'handlers', meaning AEG, were calling all the shots. They say if you know someone has a drug problem, why would you put a doctor in the room with him? Joe wants to know why Dr. Murray ran away. OMG!!!!!!!

Ahem

Sippy: Yep. Dr. Murray is not an anesthesiologist and he made a mistake. I actually thought MJ looked pretty good in London (even if he was acting silly and looked thin). Joe Jackson said he was kept away fron his son by AEG and security. Joe Jackson and Leonard are claiming 'suspicious activity' in the days leading up to Michael's death. I know he (MJ) was in debt, deeply in debt, and rumors are that Sony (AEG?) was paying his bills. He was under serious pressure to do that tour. They had already postponed the performances once. I agree with his father and Leonard, something doesn't feel right. Leonard claims that AEG wanted him out of the way. OMG.

Ahem

Leonard says he was hired by Michael because AEG was trying to force him to do 50 shows, and that he only agreed to 10.

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

O M G -- O M G -- Michael Jackson was a (all together now) JUNKIE and in sole control of his destiny.

Ahem

If you are so over this, then why are you here to read up on the latest? Several family members are reporting suspicious activity in the days leading up to his death. Staff changes, keeping the family from contacting him, and hiring Dr. Murray who had only known MJ for less than two weeks before he died. Why would any stand-up doctor disappear for three days? The family and his fans have every right to raise questions and ask for answers and a thorough investigation. This wasn't just anyone. This was a celebrity who was deeply indebted to his handlers, many say to the tune of $450 million dollars. A half of a billion dollars that they may or may not have believed he was capable of repaying. In this instance, as has been proved by the record sales and auctions since his death, MJ was absolutely worth more dead than alive. I'm not saying the family's charges are true, I am saying they and MJ's fans deserve to know the truth. If that takes years to figure out, so be it. As I said, if it bothers you, this is the last place you want to go to read up on the latest MJ news and comments.

Ahem

One last post on this, which is that this entertainment journalist at the Hollywood Reporter (a 20 year veteran) says that he was told Joe Jackson and Leonard Rowe were hounding Michael in March about why they weren't getting a cut of the upcoming tour. He also states that at no time did Leonard Rowe EVER act as Michael's business manager (as he claimed on Larry King tonight) but that both he and Joe sent out press releases trying to convince people they were handling MJ's affairs. Leonard Rowe was the same concert promoter who was sued by R. Kelley (and lost) to the tune of 3.4 million. The saga continues. Done now.

Ahem

Una

To those who are calling MJ an addict: Don't judge him until you've walked in his shoes. When you have had to deal with an autoimmune disease that causes physical pain, periodic disability, emotional distress and insomina for most of your life, you will have earned the right to judge. Until then, I leave you with a quote from MJ himelf ... "have mercy for I have been bleeding a long time now."

Una

Do we have a moderator? If so, please block the racist remarks!

Previous 15 Comments | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34