Kelis to Judge: Sorry, Baby ... I'm Busy

7/21/2009 11:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nas & KelisThere's a damn good reason Kelis is skipping out on today's scheduled court date to fight Nas for child support and baby and prenatal expenses -- she's giving birth right now!!!

TMZ has learned the singer is currently in labor, about to deliver a brand new baby boy.

We also know rapper Nas -- the baby daddy -- is definitely not by her side.

The two were scheduled to battle over expenses. She says he's paid nothing. Nas claims he's paid some.

But the big question -- will Nas actually have the stones to show up to court and argue against his baby mama while she's pushing out their child?!

UPDATE: Nas' lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, just told us Nas is in New York for the birth of the baby and he is now "rushing to the hospital to be with her."

Story delivering...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

crystal

Ok soooo who ar these two dreadfully ugly people? Who's the chick with the 5 inch horse teeth, and the dude that looks like he;s on crack?

crystal

Debbie Rowe can file down her teeth, shes a horse expert

Edumacated

"he is now "rushing to the hospital to be with her.""

******************************

Rushing to the hospital, huh? I wonder which one of his WHITE handlers had to explain that it would "look good" for him to do this?

I saddens me that, after all these generations, black men STILL have no conception of the responsibilities of fatherhood. Yes, I know its not ALL black men, but one must admit that it is an uncomfortably high number. What explains this? Is it SOLELY the absence of fathers as responsible role models, or does it run deeper?

It is SHAMEFUL for a woman to have to go through her pregnancy and childbirh alone (without the loving partner with whom she created a life). The money is almost SECONDARY to the trauma of being deserted in her time of greatest emotional need. Yes, I realize that some white men do this as well (Tom Brady), but I'm not really concerned about what white people do. They can act as ignorant as they want, it's not my concern. But this GENERATIONAL irresponsibility by black men impacts BLACK CHILDREN! For this WEALTHY young black man to behave like an unmitigated SCOUNDREL during his wife's pregnancy is reprehensible. If he were my son I would thrash him to within an inch of his life. But then my son has been taught, DAILY, since childhood what it means to be a GENTLEMAN. Nas clearly has not.

Lady

According to Essence.com she has had the baby. She had him sometime last night. She wouldn't let Nas in the delivery room.

twin1

why r they so better with each other

Will

He shouldn't have to pay all that child support. She cheats on him and I heard she has a sex tape somewhere out there with rapper Infared from Ruff Ryders.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5