Dr. Murray to Cops:

I Gave Jackson Propofol

7/28/2009 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. MurrayWe've told you since July 15 police believe Dr. Conrad Murray administered Propofol to Michael Jackson -- the drug that killed him. There's a reason police believe it. Dr. Murray told them.

Two days after Jackson's death, Dr. Murray told LAPD detectives he administered Propofol to the singer hours before he died ... this, according to multiple law enforcement sources.

We're told Dr. Murray gave Jackson an IV drip of the powerful anesthetic. Police believe Dr. Murray simply wasn't paying attention when the singer's heart stopped beating.

Authorities believe Dr. Murray may have actually fallen asleep during the time the drug was administered and may have awakened to find Jackson already dead from heart failure.

An IV drip of Propofol allows a constant, steady infusion of the drug for a period of time determined by the person administering it.

It is considered reckless in the medical community for a doctor to administer an IV drip of Propofol without the patient being monitored by an EKG, which sounds an alarm when the patient's pulse drops too low. No EKG was found in the house.

Michael Jackson Drug Pictures

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

judy

I believe the Dr. Conrad Murray is at fault in the death of Michael Jackson. I believe that he administered the lethal drug and he knew MJ was dead long before he called 911. I also belive he wanted MJ to be taken to the hospital because the LA cops would have secured the house then instead of hours later. I believe he tried to cover up what he had done. Dr Conrad Murray gave MJ all drugs found in his system and then gave a drug that should not be used outside of the hospital. He should have remembered his oath "FIRST DO NO HARM" to a patient--no matter if MJ asked for a drug or not.
Thanks for your time.
Judy

Dirty Diana

Anyone who gives a drug that puts you under,stops your breathing,and your heart,,should never,never,be given outside of a hospital setting;ONLY for surgery...{PERIOD]END OF STORY..He had already given him a mixer of setatives,What the hell did he think he was doing to Michael????COME ON!!!! All Dr,'s who enebled him should go down, and go down hard.....I hope the judicial system don't screww up this one...Michael deserves [pay back]those Dr's took our Michael from us all because of money,money, money!!!!Procecution take those bastard down!!!!

Ashley

Hello.

N.M

So who thinks the doctor will actually have to face any jail time?? In a few months to a year I bet this will all die down and the Doctor will get a slap on the rest and have his license to practice taken away.

AnnieIsNotOkay

Hello John

N.M

lol I need to go back to school, I meant "wrist"

Serves me right to talk about a doctor. ^_^

crystal

That SOB needs to be thrown in jail !!!!!!!!!!!!!

knucklehead

this Dr is mark david chapman for this generation.

MO

So....let's see. He TELLS them he gave MJ Propofl and yet it takes a MONTH for them to raid his offices in CA and TX? What is that all about? And, if he has admitted that he gave it to Michael why isn't he in jail???

LillyandGish

Oh....my....GOD!!! This is such a freakin' tragedy on so many levels, I almost cannot wrap my head around it.

So WHY IS DR. MURRAY STILL WALKING THE STREETS??? WHERE IS THE ARREST WARRANT!!!

tired

even if he gets off he will have to go in hiding or some whacked fan will kill him

LillyandGish

I have to say, it seems like the LAPD just doesn't give a crap. No arrest, a month to search office, no autopsy report....so what is it, just another dead man to them??

LAPD GET YOUR FREAKIN ASS IN GEAR!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING??

Disgusted by the system.

Babyfacemagee

Sounds like gross negligence by Dr. Murray. Guess he'll be making friends with Bubba in the big house before long. Now...does he cut a plea or does he go to trial???

JOHN BARONE

Well there you have it Maybe Van Mucnchousen by Proxy Syndrome Why is the doctor not in Jail right now for Murder or Manslaughter ?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments