Clarkson's Producer -- I Would Never 'Dupe' Kelly

7/29/2009 1:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy Kelly Clarkson blames for allegedly making her look like a song-stealing rip-off artist claims he would never 'dupe' anyone -- and the idea is both "hurtful and absurd."

Kelly Clarkson's Producer -- I Would Never 'Dupe' Kelly

Clarkson basically threw producer Ryan Tedder under the bus after people pointed out her new single "Already Gone" has the same backing track as Beyonce's single, "Halo" -- which are both songs Tedder produced.

Now, Tedder is firing back at Clarkson with the following statement:

"Already Gone" is one of the best song I've written or produced since "Bleeding Love" and stands tall on it's own merits apart from "Halo".

They are two entirely different songs conceptually, melodically, & lyrically and I would never try to dupe an artist such as Kelly Clarkson or Beyoncé into recording over the same musical track, the idea is both hurtful & absurd.

I think when people hear "Already Gone" they will hear what I hear-one of the greatest female vocalists on earth giving her most haunting and heart-breaking performance on a song she helped write.

I challenge people to listen and form their own opinions
."

Liz

ehhhh..... sounds like a bad cover-up. he realizes the situation, but can't admit his faults.

josh

Trite rubbish is all it is.

Anthony

Sounds like a case of Vanilla Ice versus Queen with the little cymbal change signifiying a new track.

I absolutely loveeee Kelly Clarkson's song, Already Gone.
Tedder is right, it doesn't reeally sound like Halo at all, besides Beyonce says Halo in that effn song like 7583975235 times it's really annoying and irritating.
You can hear Kelly sing her heart out it's a truly beautiful song, don't throw him under Kelly this song is gonna be a hit and you're going to be thanking him in a few months.

Sandy

I listed to both songs and though yes, I can hear SOME similarities, these still are 2 separate songs. Bth unique and BOTH great!!!

Sidney

Listened. It's the same track with different words, like he said (except the same track part).

greg

That guy is a complete tool bag...you can see events at http://www.wincfood.com

Lynne

I was in my car last night and Clarkson's song came on. I was on 101 in heavy traffic and was like Yesss! Halo's on. When the song was over I snapped out of my daze and realized it wasn't Halo and was disappointed. She sounded good, I didn't care for the lyrics that much. Her tone in the song sounded like halo, and of course the music did too. This guy is either a scammer or a talentless hack who couldn't come up with anything original for her. I feel bad for Kelly.

London

TOO similar to be an accident IMO.

Jolly Goat

WHy would anyone do this to Kelly. She is amazing. I love here. She had a lot to say at http://www.thedrunkcanuck.com

ly9512

Umm, "one of the greatest female vocalists on earth"? Hardly.

eattrn

Does he not realize how much he will cause her to eat over this?

.....

Maybe if some of todays "artists" had actual talent and had capabilities to write their own music instead of singing whats on the paper in front of them, this wouldn't be a problem.

MsSuburbia

Dude needs an English 101 class. What a moron.

PR

He never denies using the same backing track in his statement. He did what Kelly said he did.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments