« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

'I Made Bad Decisions'

8/14/2009 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Michael Vick "Please Don't Pelt Me with Objects" tour began today as Vick addressed the press for the first time as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles.

videos

Vick said all the right things -- like "I won't disappoint," "Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right," and "You only get one shot at a second chance" -- but he's still got a long way to go to win over the fans of Philly.

Remember, these are the same people that booed Santa Claus.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

The Source

I don't think the reason people are so upset with Michael Vick is because of the actual dog fighting (which of course is terrible, in and of itself) but in the way that the "under performing" dogs were treated. The dogs were electrocuted, drowned, hanged and set on fire. His actions were horrific and any human being with a heart would agree. Yes, he did serve his time, no one is arguing that, but the way he brutalized these animals was a terrible act and many of us out here can't get past it.

A dog is one of the most loving creatures put on this earth. They are loving to a point that is unconditional. Whether you are a millionaire or have two dollars in your pocket a dog will stay by your side. They see no color, don’t care about your height or weight, or about your background and/or education. They are truly innocent creatures and it is up to us to protect them. I feel very sad for the dogs that were killed in these cruel acts.

And also, one more note to mention. If there are other players that have abused their wives, children or other human beings, yes those crimes are no less horrific. Those are terrible acts and I'm sure no one that is upset by the cruel acts against the dogs think human life is less valuable. Just because we think the actions of Michael Vick are wrong, doesn’t make other athletes’ acts of brutality any more right.

Well

He's there and there is NOTHING you can do about it. He doesn't have to do anymore to pay, he's already done that. Don't want to support the Eagles, don't. They won't lose any seats trust on that. Get over yourself and move on. No matter what you say, he has paid the fine that the court system said he should pay and whatever you think doesn't matter. GET A LIFE. GO EAGLES!!!!

kpiv

Stef, you've obviously never been here. South philly is very residential.... We just like drama here. i'm surprised TO isn't back yet!

Aslan

He's an eagle, he'll be accepted until he messes up. I didn't like it at first, but he's served his dues. Eagles Fans are more passionate abt winning a super bowl than caring about his background. Like I said, he'll be fine until he gives reason for us not to like him.

Rob

He is welcome to play on my favorite football team, as long as he stays away from my dogs. The a-holes calling for a boycott were never Eagles fans to begin with. PETA avtivist should stay away from Eagles games, because us Easgles fans will pelt you with beers, food, and whatever else we have in the parking lot..

sawslow

I made bad decisions.......ya think?? freaking idiot
he should have to go and clean every dog kennel within 200 miles of him forget talking lets see some work and with the Eagles, what abut Donovan??

Gigi

THIS MAN IS EVIL. NOT ONLY SHOULD HE NEVER BE ALLOWED TO PLAY IN THE NFL OR ANYWHERE ELSE, HE
SHOULD GET THE SAME TREATMENT HE GAVE HIS PRECIOUS DOGS. JAIL IS TOO GOOD FOR HIM. I WOULD LIKE
TO SEE HIM HUNG BY HIS PRIVATES AND TORTURED. I WILL NEVER WATCH OR ATTEND ANOTHER EAGLES GAME.
THIS PERSON ISN'T SORRY. PEOPLE LIKE THIS CANNOT BE REHABILITATED. THEY DON'T HAVE THE MENTAL
CAPACITY TO RE-LEARN ANYTHING INCLUDING THE WAY THEY THINK. UNFORTUNATELY, THERE ARE MANY OTHERS OUT THERE WHO ARE JUST AS CRUEL AND IGNORANT AS THIS JACK-ASS.

Mega

All the ppl hating on vick aren't football fans anyway so who cares. Infact they probably don't like sports to begin with. I'm not a Vick fan cause i've always thought he was an over rated quarterback, but he's done more than enough time for his crime and I'm glad he can now move on with his life.

jennifer

Unless he is willing to fight to the death for the entertainment of others like he made those dogs, then he hasn't paid his "debt". Rot in hell, Vick.

M.T.

I think it is ALL crap. Because of people like Micheal....I had to give my pitt away. The area I bought my condo said I could not keep her (that she was a danger to my comunity). He may have done his TIME...but not enough to go right back to playing football with the NFL. I will not watch the Philadelphia Eagles.

LOOKS LIKE THE EAGLES "MADE A BAD DECISION" ! GET OFF MY TEAM VICK! YOU NO GOOD !@%^&*

L

An example of a bad decision is when you try to beat the train across the track. What he did was ongoing. It's who he is.
Would he have stopped if he hadn't been caught? Doubt it.

THISISIT again MJ breaks records

Good for him. Hope he does well this season. What do people want him to do never work again, go on welfare? please stfu..tmz

skhg

It goes beyond "bad decisions"! It was his life style, and who knows how many yrs. he was involved, before starting his own operation. He can read what's written down for him to say but, that doesn't mean it's coming from the heart, or that he's changed one bit. What really bothers me is, knowing there's other players in the NFL doing basically the same thing, and he hasn't offered to name even one of them. That right there, says it all. He'd do it again if he thought he could get away with it.

lenabenas21

On TMZ on tv they were saying they thought Chris Brown had a better chance of a successful comeback then Michael Vick. While I think what he did was terribly wrong (I have 2 dogs that we love almost as much as our own children!!!) - dude was tried, convicted and served his time! I don't know why he shouldn't be allowed to resume his life!? I honestly don't get it! We all do stupid ish, this was way beyond STUPID, it was EVIL but he did should be allowed to work again! Regardless of what we think of this, he's back and if he plays well - I think the stigma will slowly fade away. If he doesn't play well - people will never get past this!