MJ Burial Could Cost Jacksons a Pretty Penny

8/19/2009 2:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonThrowing a memorial service for Michael Jackson is a lot cheaper when you trade the Staples Center for the more traditional places to honor the dead.

Law enforcement sources tell us the cost of providing police and other city services for the private memorial at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale could top $50,000. That's like a Costco version of a memorial, compared to the estimated $1.4 million to stage the event at the Staples Center in L.A.

A Glendale PD source tells us the Jackson family will foot the bill for police and other services associated with the service, which will be held on August 29.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

beverly

They picked a beautiful place where Michael can enjoy the peace and privacy that eluded him in his life. He was and always will be the most talented and exciting artist we have ever known. The people who made fun of him during his lifetime where the ones who where the insecure ones. People normally make fun of other people to make themselves feel and look good. Michael had a heart of gold and truly did love everyone. I have watched all of his concerts on video and you can see the love and compassion pouring out in his performance. It is too bad that so many people are not able to recognized this when he performed because it may have made them feel better inside about themselves. He has taught me to look at life in a differnt way, not judge people and treat them the way I would want to be treated. He was a man of so much love and all he wanted to do was share it with the world.
I know he is in a better place and finally not having to explain his every word and movement to the world.
Thank you Michael for being a part of my life and teaching me how to love my fellow man.
I love you,
Beverly

cgirl Caron

They see me rollin
They hatin

Becca

WHY, if they want a private burial is it
being splattered all over the news?!!
WHY don't they just BURY him once and
for all...HOW many times is he going to
be buried?
WTF is going on?

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

WONDERFUL that he will be locked away permanently from society.

And if the following post (on another TMZ forum) is true, ALL THE BETTER A REMINDER TO ANYONE WHO VISITS HIM).

"The sarcophagus that he will be interred in has a panel on the right of a man with a young boy facing him (face hitting the waist area) that is very suggestive. If the family was aware of this they wouldn't put him there."

holmes

why should the Jackson's worry about the expense??? AFTER ALL THE FINANCIAL SUPPORT MJ HAVE GIVEN THEM ALL HIS LIFE??

what's more with the 40% income from MJ's estate surely will be enough to maintain his mauseleum.

sunny

I better not plan on going anywhere that day. I can just see how crazy the streets are going to be here in Glendale!

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

Before his 24 carat casket is forever locked away from the world outside, which family member is going to open it to make sure that Michael is definitely in there?

Phew!!!!!!!

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

Are the family members going to put the kids through the horrors of another service?

Homie1Kanobe

If the family could keep thier collective mouth shut, It would'nt have cost a dime. So Joe aka the Devil, pay up ya cheap bastard

MJ's lover

Concerning dr.murray vid, does he sound real? Is he fake? Is he wearing a mask or something? I
used to think that this guy is fictional, for his only picture they
made us sick showing whenever they mention him. He soulds like that
he was shot with sedatives. he doesn't even consoles us for the loss
of our beloved MJ!! There is something wrong with this ....... ( you
fill in the blank, I don't like to swear)
___________________________
Michael Jackson's fans plz sign this petition if you endorse its
content:

diane

I'm thinking the family wasn't planning to announce burial plans, but Joe Jackson spilled the beans.....I'm sure it will be a media circus with helicoptors, trucks, etc.

Simone

First page!!!!!!!!! :P

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

D --

That is the funniest petition I've read in some time.

IS the person who wrote it on the same drugs that Michael was?

You have our thanks for providing the link to such a comedic petition.

Cassy

If you want a private burial WHY ON EARTH do you put every little detail about it in the news? I'm waiting for the leak about what time of the day they plan to bury him so the helicopters can show up early.

Becca

Umm, I am pretty sure they mentioned the
time as well...at 10:00 a.m.?
So...the second or third burial is STILL 10 days
away. That gives the vendors time to bring
the merchandise and set up alongside the
road.
MJ fans, I would NOT fall for their traps & tricks at making $$$ from you. It is no
SECRET at all.