Patrick Swayze

Dies

9/14/2009 8:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Patrick Swayze Dies
Patrick Swayze
died today after a long battle with cancer. He was 57.

Swayze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in January 2008. His publicist says he died with his family at his side.

He was the star of such movies as "Ghost," "Dirty Dancing," and "Road House." Swayze was named People's Sexiest Man Alive in 1991.

More Today in TMZ History

Patrick Swayze

Previous 15 Comments | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37

judy

Buddy, you were the sweetest and most gentle of all the young men from Black Jr High and Waltrip. You were so beautiful and so many of us had a crush on you. I knew there was no hope,short of a miracle but I prayed one would happen for you. My heart and prayers go out to Patsy,Lisa,and Donnie. He's in no more pain and with his Dad,Brother and Sister. My heart breaks for the pain of everyones loss including his friends. You will be missed, you were loved, by all. I'll keep my memories of you as a boy and young man before the fame. GOD BLESS YOU, Patsy...Lisa...Donnie.

davidpotman

would anybody like 2 have a chat wit me i live in blackpool

Brian Blosch

I don't know if you are aware of this, but Fox newas posts a link on their web site to claim Patrick Swayze death is false rumor. Also shows picture of actor and wife, (and dogs) on ranch, quotes Swaze as saying "I'm alive and doing much better". Please correct this erronious reporting.

ahhhhahhhhahhhBritneyis not a drug addict kfedlied

I am so sad to hear this . His new show on A&E The Beast was a great show now i wonder what they will do abt it . R.I.P. you were a truly amazing actor Love and prayers to his family. and comment number 4 i feel sorry for u.

Diana Hill

Im am so sorry that we have lost Patrick to pancreatic Cancer. My heart goes out with great sympathy to his wife Lisa and his family! He was very talented and well loved in life. God Bless you Patrick for your contribution to all the charities you supported!

She's Dumb

TO HUGH GENTRY #4: GOD IS GOING TO GET YOU FOR THAT EVIL COMMENT....F U YOU FREAK! TO PATRICK'S FAMILY: I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.

Linda

My soul grieves for the lose of a fabulous actor. He was inspirational to me during the '90's and got me through a lot of hard times. I loved the him in North and South, Dirty Dancing, and all of his other shows. He was so inspirational and made such an impact on my life that I even named my twin boys after two of his characters, "Dalton" from Roadhouse and "Gage" from Next of Kin. As much as I grieve over him, I can only imagine the magnitude of Lisa Niemi's grief and the other members of his family. Prayers and condolences to them, and we will all see Patrick in that place of love that is described in "Ghost". Remember "The love...you take it with you".

Debbie

RIP You are loved and missed everyday. I have all your movies, take them on vacation. You always made me smile.....

Previous 15 Comments | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37