Cousin of Rapper Common

Killed in Accident

9/19/2009 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

CommonAjile Turner, the cousin of rapper Common, was killed in a motorcycle accident in Brooklyn last night.

Sources tell us it happened on the corner of Greene Ave. and Washington Ave. We're told cops responded to a call involving a motorcyclist colliding with a guy on a bicycle -- Turner was on the motorcycle. Both men were taken to Brooklyn Hospital and both were pronounced dead on arrival.

We're told there is no criminality suspected in the incident.

DJ JS-1, a long-time friend of Turner, confirmed his passing and told us, "He was one of the greatest friends anyone could have, he was a pure, honest, good person, hard worker who traveled the world and lived a great life. We all love him and are going to miss him very much."

Turner was founder and CEO of the Echelon Group, an independent concert production company in NYC.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

HIPHOP

It's crazyyyy reading all the comments... i was a personal friend of Ajile.. If TMZ decided this was news worthy then why critique it.. if you actually stopped to read the story its your fault don't blame the site. They have done reports on many celebs losing a loved ones and i would rather read about stories that matter then about Brittney's underwear.. Not to mention Common and Ajile made great strides in the music industry. So for the comments on dissing hip hop.. its multi-Billion dollar industry so with or without your support we are still taking over the world.. So for those that make crazy comments about them being 'unknown'.. WHO ARE YOU??? You will probably never in your ifetime see the places they have seen or meet the people they have met or succeed in life doing something you love to do.. living your dreams and passions.. They are Known to the people that matter and that's all that counts.. So for all of you racist, misrable, boring, NO-LIFE, haters working a JOB you hate.. give your opinions to the forums that harbor your opinions like the BEACH BOYS websites..;-) PAZ

BlackPrince

The motorcyclist was at fault. Most American motorcyclists, particularly young ones, ride like idiots. I don't mean fast, I just mean stupidly and frankly this guy got what was coming to him.

lewis mumford

It's sad when someone dies. The these people were somebody's cousin, son, friend, lover. These are human beings, and all most of this readership can do is use the story as a platform for their own idiocy. That said, I'm not sure which is more tragic, the passing of these poor souls, or the blatant disregard for humanity exhibited here. I'm sorry I ever landed on this cesspool of a 'community'.

-disgusted

Jenny

No disrespect to the dead (R.I.P. Ajile), but it must be one hell of a slow news day for you guys over there.
The rapper "Common" -- who the hell is that anyway?

Ebony Contiki

@Jenny have you been under a rock? Well crawl from under it take a look around you. Google him. AND Just because you don't know who he is doesn't mean its not newsworthy. Do you know everything about everything you see on BBC, CNN or CSPAN? Then you have the nerve to say no disrespect to the dead. Get a dictionary and look up respect and discretion. If you had a strong handle on the 2 words you would know that your comment would have been better unsaid.

LAnn

poor guy. my prayers go out to common and his family.
but i hope this is a lesson to others that they need to slow down and look both ways REAL GOOD before driving off.

Sarah

Umm Jenny, Common is an unbelievably talented rapper, have you been living under a rock or do you just come on TMZ for news about Lohan, Paris and Britney? Regardless, his cousin is very well known in these parts.

I'm sure everyone is terribly concerned about how this has put a damper and your need for bs entertainment news.

Boring, heartless b#$*@!

Webbster

Intern working the newsdesk today ?

"Killed" ?

He wasn't shot or stabbed. Died in an accident but as reported there was no malice in it. Needs correction.

renee

Jenny-Not necessary sweetie...genuinely not necessary...

RIP.....Ajile

JONS MOMMA

I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THIS IS OR WHY THIS IS CONSIDERED NEWS... HOPEFULLY, HE HAD ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS HIS LORD AND SAVIOR OR HES PAYING FOR IT.

hahahaha!

I'll bet money it was the cyclists fault. They love to race around
ignoring everything from red lights an stop signs to common 'right of
way' rules. If they want the right to ride on the road they should
have to get licenses, abide by ROAD laws and get ticked and fined
just like cars. Most of these 'tour de farce' wanna-be bikers are
nothing but a menace and hazard on the road.

Jenny

Sorry, I guess I just have good taste in music and don't listen to rap/hip-hop/anything on the radio.

I come here when I'm bored like anyone else.

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

Jenny...I agree abt the slow news day...and get ur point..why would anymone on a entertainment website care about a COUZIN of a rapper I neverheard of b4 either...just sayin..and even if I did...this poor soul is a COUZIN ..why on tmz website..

Annie

The cousin? What is this? Six Degrees of Separation Gone Wild?

meat

Who is this guy? If Common died I still wouldn't know and still wouldn't care.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments