Scott Weiland

Seizure Couldn't Stop My Show

9/22/2009 1:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

How's this for a rockstar move -- just 24 hours after suffering a mid-flight seizure, Scott Weiland was already back on stage singing his face off.

Scott Weiland
As TMZ first reported, Weiland's Miami-bound plane made an emergency landing in Dallas Friday afternoon due to the singer's condition. But once Weiland left the hospital, he went straight to Miami to play his gig.

Scott Weiland: Click to watchScott grabbed the mic at Mansion in Miami -- and we're told he cranked out STP and Velvet Revolver classics for more than an hour.

So much for "recovery time."

lila

what a guy! thats some dedication!

Simone

Good for him!!!!!!! It's nice to see he recovered quickly.

molotov69

now thats a class act!!!! even after suffering something like that, he KNOWS he owes everything to the fans and makes it to the show!!!! let's see if Jonas Homos or Miley Skanky would ever do that something like that!!!!!!!!

Paparazzo@frog.cc

2009's Summer of Death is almost over. Hope he escapes it!

Receptionitis15

My husband has epilepsy, though hasn't had seizures for a few years now due to good meds. I'm extremely impressed that Scott could get up and go like this so soon. I'll bet he paid for it afterwards, a lot. Thanks Scott, good luck in the future!!

Not-A-Fan

Yay! Take care of yourself Scott. See you and the STP guys on October 20! Whoo hoo!!!

hello, it

di

TMZ, why don't you show a year by year picture of his face...its changed alot from his cute one when he started out...just about the time he started...

janalal4

Had it been "drugs" that were the problem, the comments on here would have probably been quite different unfortunately.

grape soda

balls

del

8. It was a seizure people, not a heart attack. People have them everyday. Why is everyone making such a big deal about it?

Posted at 6:18AM on Sep 22nd 2009 by hello, it's me

Seizures can be fatal. Just ask the Travoltas.

hello, it

Seizures can be fatal. Just ask the Travoltas

In VERY rare cases, yes they can. I work with people who have seizures on a daily bases, and have for 24 years. Dying from a seizure is not that common.

Liz

Regarding hello, it's me's comment #8 "It was a seizure people, not a heart attack. People have them everyday. Why is everyone making such a big deal out of it?"

Have YOU ever had a seizure? They generally don't kill, but indicate there is some kind of brain chemistry problem that can't be ignored. A seizure is unpredicted and frightening. After-effects vary and are usually temporary. A minimum of 24 seizure-free hours is reccommended before resuming normal activity after a seizure. Way to go, Scott!!!!! We don't often find this kind of dedication!!!!

Steph

hello, it

Havi I had one...no. But for the last 24 years I have worked with people that do.
As this poster said...

16. I have seizures and I'm fine a few minutes afterward. For a lot of people, seizures are just a reality in their lives and they don't let it slow them down.

Posted at 7:31PM on Sep 22nd 2009 by S