Lawsuit: Aerosmith Not Allowed to Suck

9/23/2009 1:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Aerosmith Steven Tyler and his bum shoulder will be gyrating on stage with the rest of Aerosmith next month in Hawaii -- and according to a court order, he's required not to suck at it.

Aerosmith will be performing concerts on October 18 and 20 in the Aloha State after losing a class action lawsuit back in July -- which was filed after the band canceled a 2007 show in Maui.

According to a clause in the settlement agreement, the gigs have to be the same "quality, type and duration" as a regular kick-ass Aerosmith concert -- which includes all aspects of the show, down to the "stage, lighting and sound quality."

Normally this wouldn't be a problem -- but the band was forced to cancel the rest of their 2009 tour in August after Tyler fell off stage at a concert and broke his shoulder ... so he isn't exactly in tip top shape.

Brandee Faria, the lead council for the suit, tells us, "They know they can't come out and do a 30-minute gig ... because I'll be there watching."

mrez golucky

Yikes! Tyler's looking like MJ everyday (when he was alive, that is)!

OOWEEE

Play that funky music caucasian boy, play that funky music right, play that funky music caucasian boy, get down and boogy and play that funky music so you wont fly.........or get locked up.

jerry

Why would you go to a show when you know the band does'nt even want to be there playing???

Basically the band will be faking their performance ??

J C

Kind of embarrassing for Aero that they have to be held to this clause.
Must be losing it.

homie1kanobe

Brandee Faria, Would not make a pimple on anyones AZZ that knows anything about AeroSmith. So your can take yo-happy azz down the road. (I'll be watching them)You can take that statment on blow it out your Kanarcus. RocknRoll

homie1kanobe

No has the right except for AEROSMITH on what songs they sing,and what show they will be preforming.Brandee Fraia does not own the band. And as stated above, shove it up your Karnarcus and hope you enjoy the show lol

jen

If Brandee was really a fan, she would let Tyler heal first before putting on a show. She's a loser and I'm sure real Aerosmith fans will be none to happy to see her there....responsible for adding more pain to Tyler.

AJR

Is this for real? The man just broke his shoulder for crying out loud. Couldn't they cancel? I know that's not something the fans would want but I don't think anyone wants him getting further hurt either except for haters who enjoy that kind of thing. Like he said himself he was lucky not to break his neck last time. A broken shoulder is going to throw off his dance moves. I pray he will be o.k. I love Steven. One of the happiest days in my life was getting to touch his shoe at a Memphis concert. Ah, the memories. Not satisfied with that though--I want to meet him! If he gets hurt bad enough that won't be happening :( Poor guy. I wish him and the rest of the band the best.

barry Gordy is genius

Hey Brandee Faria, how about a 29 minute and 30 second gig?

J C

Break a leg!

balls

BOING with me,
BOING for the year
BOING for the laughter,
BOING for the tears
BOING with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good KOOKY will take you away

Ridiculous

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The sense of entitlement in this country is ludicrous...singers and performers cancel performances all the time, so now we're suing them?? Unless Aerosmith refused to offer refunds for the tickets, this is just another sign that our country is overly litigious and overly entitled. I shudder to think that tax dollars went to support this court case.

P

they should go away. Tyler looks like he already died.

janalal4

BOING with me,
BOING for the year
BOING for the laughter,
BOING for the tears
BOING with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good KOOKY will take you away

Posted at 11:31AM on Sep 23rd 2009 by KOOKYSMITH

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/23/lawsuit-forces-aerosmith-to-not-suck/1#comments#ixzz0RwoZd2xz

Hahahaha! Your a trip Kooky!

Bill R.

Spell check doesn't always cut it. An attorney is "counsel," not "council."

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments