Dave's Alleged Extortionist Busted Outside CBS

10/2/2009 10:14 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David LettermanWe've learned Robert "Joe" Halderman was arrested yesterday outside the CBS headquarters in NYC, and it was news to the people inside who make the news.

Our sources say the Manhattan D.A. played the investigation close to the vest and people inside the building were baffled when the highly-respected producer was cuffed and hauled off in the David Letterman extortion case.

As we already reported Halderman had a relationship with Stephanie Birkitt and lived with her. But we're told they had broken up "recently." We do not know who ended the relationship, but Halderman allegedly was in possession of Birkitt's diary, correspondence and photos -- which he says incriminated Letterman.

People connected with the network tell us Letterman did have a relationship with Birkitt, but the word is that it ended before Letterman had his baby in 2003.

who dat

TMZ please tell us he was screwin the "will it float" girls. They were hot poon. Can any of the ladies here imagine having sex with Dave (the krypt keeper)?

Tideland

Does Palin really condone these mean people who seem to be her supporters? They really think that being nasty jerks is justification for a poor joke by a comedian, who has apologized and his apology has been accepted. Not surprising, I guess, since I haven't seen a lot of warmth coming from any conservatives many years.

Yolanda Nixon

Maybe he'll do a top 10 list of women he's balled that work for CBS.

kevin

So two adults have a relationship and its a scandal? This was before he was married or had a kid. Granted he was dating someone else at the time but I mean is this really a bad thing? He's not a politician or a church leader or someone who preaches to others on morality.

jump

David letterman has been getting girls drunk and banging them (including his staff) for years, he wont stop even though the girls there try to push him away. Throw his ass in JAIL!!!

....

Au Contraire, Kevin. He's in the public eye, with his own talk show thinking he has the authority to embarrass other people in the public eye. Making fun of Palin's kid for having pre-marital sex and getting pregnant is portraying it as undesirable behavior (and in most cases it is...) and yet here he is, having extramarital affairs with who knows how many unnamed women.

REALbarbwire7

Really, do we HAVE TO print the faces of the persons involved. David has come clean about it. He's not hiding, or denying. Have some class. He's doing his best to clean up his mess, and I'm sure there is plenty more that we won't hear about. Afterall, he's recently married.
Don't add to it.

dragonlvr

I didnt know he could still get it up

JJ

Sleeping her way to the top??? That doesn't happen in showbiz does it?

dianne

I knew something wasn't right with that girl Stephanie. She always seemed weird around Dave and Dave seemed to like her and tease her and she was just stoic. When I heard the news about Dave, I knew it was that girl. What a big age difference.

Sheila

He who is without sin, cast the first stone

Whatthe

You right wing nut jobs amuse me. Newsflash, Dave will be just fine and no he won't be fired.

lisa c

Well My, My, Kinda makes the joke about Palin's 14 yr old daughter
Really Sleezy doesn't it? They are really high class over at CBS!!!
I guess since Dave had done everyone in the office he was preoccupied with tweens! SICK!!!

sdfgsdgdfge

Why is this guy still on TV. He`s not even funny.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2