Ex-Fiance of 'Housewife'

Dies After Club Brawl

10/3/2009 7:04 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The ex-fiance of Kandi Burruss -- who stars on "Real Housewives of Atlanta" -- died tonight after a brawl erupted at a club in Atlanta.

Cops say A.J. Jewell suffered severe head injuries during the fight at Body Tap and was rushed to Piedmont Hospital, where he later died ... this according to myfoxatlanta.com.

Cops currently have no suspects in custody.

UPDATE -- Atlanta police spokesman James Polite says Frederick Richardson has been arrested and charged with voluntary manslaughter in the death of Ashley "A.J." Jewell. Richardson was hospitalized after the alleged fight and will be taken into custody once he is released.

More Today in TMZ History

The New Yorker

Sorry for Kandi's loss as well as the children

It is so sad the ignorance exist as far as racism... No specific reason for you guys to dislike black people, I'm sure no one has done anything to you but I assume when you grow up with ignorance and it surrounds you in your everyday lives to hate you become the hater also... no one takes the time to meet and greet anyone these days. Do you the "white" folks think you were natives to this country, this is pathetic and sad that you have to air you hatred on on a site, where people are just obtaining their daily gossip or whatever. All of you racist people are jerks and will some day realize...maybe when you need a heart and only a black person is a match you may reconsider, then again you're so ignorant you may just choose to die...pick up a book and read it, get knowledge and stop being so stupid

nina

kala

how sadd!!! that woman (Kandi) can never get a break! hopefully she will move on and put her heartbreak into song.

charles

and why is this news

Wow

What's small, pale, limp, and can't be found without a microscope?

Whatever is between John H's legs.

Nicole

so sorry to hear,prayin for u Kandi and ur family

nina

AJ had a Twitter account! He sent tweets right before his death:

Cola

RIP AJ.

My Condolences go out to his kids, Kandi and his family. It is really hard to lose someone in such a tragic way.

Mscommonsense=Peckerwood

Kandi you have my condolences. May god be with you.

Linc

I will admit that I was suspicious of the man because of he number of kids he had, but I do feel bad for Kandi and his little ones. She's the only likable member of the cast. I love visiting Atlanta, but no way I'd want to live there. Too many weirdos and ignorant fools.

TEAMBRANCA

Kandi I love you!

Condolences to you and his children and your daughter.

Joann

Oh Wow...I just saw him with Kandi on last Thursday's episode of RHOA. My heart goes out to Kandi and his family. This is insane.

Eve

Come on people this is not the time.It does not matter if he was black or white.The only thing that matters is that he was a human been and we should be compasionate.My condolense to his family specially his kids,mother and Kandy.

Mscommonsense=Peckerwood

I guess he wasn't tardy for the party.

tyni

its so sad she was the ricky smily morning show yesterday... how tragic