Ex-Fiance of 'Housewife'

Dies After Club Brawl

10/3/2009 7:04 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The ex-fiance of Kandi Burruss -- who stars on "Real Housewives of Atlanta" -- died tonight after a brawl erupted at a club in Atlanta.

Cops say A.J. Jewell suffered severe head injuries during the fight at Body Tap and was rushed to Piedmont Hospital, where he later died ... this according to myfoxatlanta.com.

Cops currently have no suspects in custody.

UPDATE -- Atlanta police spokesman James Polite says Frederick Richardson has been arrested and charged with voluntary manslaughter in the death of Ashley "A.J." Jewell. Richardson was hospitalized after the alleged fight and will be taken into custody once he is released.

More Today in TMZ History

nikki

So sad, we may not know him personally, but we do know that his kids are now fatherless, and the people who loved him most have lost someone whom they care about, and as humans we know that losing someone is never easy. So let's not focus on him being someone we didn't know, lets focus on the fact that a life was taken and that many lives are forever changed by it. This just reminds us just how short life is, and how important it is to keep your love ones close and cherish the time you have with them because you never know when your going to open your eyes one morning to find that they can no longer do the same.

Erica

Wow, you guys are hilarious going at the inbreeds Vinny and Johnh...lol! Anywho..Kandi is such a sweetheart, I pray that she will be ok. She seemed to really love the guy at one time. I think she's taking care of a few of his kids too. So sad :o(

Felicia

I live in Atlanta well Alpharetta but thats why I don't hang out in clubs and bars down there. It's too crazy crime is really up. And I'm all about cleaning up the streets. You do the crime you have to do the time.

lucy loo

Kandi is also my favorite ATL Housewife. She is the ONLY genuine housewife with a heart. Her performing career is on the rise. She did charity work and produced Kim's chart topping song. That really sucks. I mean they're keeping the show on right? Dont scare me.

Barbie

I'm shocked. The article that I read, said they had just called off the engagement a few weeks ago, which of course her mother wanted. How sad I feel for her that she just lost someone she really loved. And no matter how many kids he had, or how many mother's were involved, those children lost their father. Its such a tragedy. In the last episode her newfound friend Kim didn't even bother to show up for her gig, I hope Kim has a valid reason for doing that, and I hope she is there to comfort her friend. Kandi your the best and my heart goes out to you and to all those who loved him.

Linda Mott

Kandi broke up with him but she is so sweet that I'm sure she was still friends with A.J. and his family. That's the kind of person she is. My deepest sympathy to Kandi and A.J.'s family

nikki

Thoughts and prayers to Kandi. So sad.

ddsmith

my heart goes out to khandi and aj's children. it says ex fiance, but i didnt know they broke off the engagement. either way this is very tragic.

PD

Kandi,
My prayers goes out to you and your daughter. I kept on watch the RHWA because of you and your relation with A.J. My heart is sad for you, I know you wanted to have your family approved A.J. Just to say in confort to you, I approve him. I know he must have brought greatness on this earth, because your love for each other, your daugter,and his kids. I am so, so, sorry to suddenly hear this, Iam greaving along with you and I could not wait to see your special day with you and A.J. Honey please stay strong, and God has a plain although we don't know at this heartbreaking time.

Sheka

Its a shame that we as people can't even go to work an return back to our familys safe. This man was at work. working to support his family. It doesn't matter where he worked at least he had a job which we all no is hard to find these day's. Its a very sad situation for 1 this man has 6 kids who look to him for support now there's 4 woman out there who is left to raise their kids alone.An 6 kids left without a father. Its sad an Im praying that who ever was invold in this man murder be brought to justice.My prayers goes out to his family.

sall

RIP A J!

Kandi Burruss, I am so sorry for your loss.

Melissa

This is officially the last time I am reading comments on a story @ TMZ. It makes me so sick to see the ignorant people that comment on here...The racism and just plain stupidity. NO ONE wants to read what you have to say. If you can't be nice at a time like this then that just shows what kind of person you are. You don't matter.

I just feel so sorry for the kids that have to grow up without their father.

dr fred

RIP, isn't that is murder in 2nd degree, intentional bodily harm resulting in death.

Kandi's MOM got her wish.

it is sad b'cuz we saw AJ on the Show & he loved Kandi.

Kandi was the only 1 on the show that had any class ,substance, depth, talent...I think Kandi is a good person

THISISIT again MJ breaks records

WUT!!!! OMG Terrible news, she is a dear and she is the only reason I watch that show. Since these shows are taped months in advance. Is this the same guy from the show? If so he seemed like such a together person. He treats her like an angel. :(

RIP EX Fiance

Crazygirl

6 kids without a father. Very sad, but he had no business being in a club! He should be working at a normal job,paying his 4 baby Mommy's monies for the kids. Kandi is the best housewife ever, my prays are with you!!