Ex-Fiance of 'Housewife'

Dies After Club Brawl

10/3/2009 7:04 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The ex-fiance of Kandi Burruss -- who stars on "Real Housewives of Atlanta" -- died tonight after a brawl erupted at a club in Atlanta.

Cops say A.J. Jewell suffered severe head injuries during the fight at Body Tap and was rushed to Piedmont Hospital, where he later died ... this according to myfoxatlanta.com.

Cops currently have no suspects in custody.

UPDATE -- Atlanta police spokesman James Polite says Frederick Richardson has been arrested and charged with voluntary manslaughter in the death of Ashley "A.J." Jewell. Richardson was hospitalized after the alleged fight and will be taken into custody once he is released.

More Today in TMZ History

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

UPSET

IAM SORRY TO HERE THAT KANDI BURRUSS EX-FIANCE
AJ JEWELL HAS DIED.
THAT IS SO VERY SAD.

Ny B

I feel bad for his children and all those women who have children with him. Why was he working at a strip club? Kandi broke up with him in August but she really needed to raise her standards quite a bit more. She has serious money and she's wasting her time with a father of six who was a telemarketing strip club worker?

why?

just can not spell today.

Kandi is a stand up mom, I just read that she still has his two twin
daughters even through the break-up. I am glad she has a strong
family unit that will help her in this unfortunate time.

alainea bobbit

noooooooo WTF why why cant people keep their hands to themselves.I love kandi I didnt know he was her Ex fiance.Now his kids are screwed.He seemed nice.Its gonna be sad to see him on Tv now for his family.Poor Kandi She has horrible things happening around her. I love you Kandi!! This may sound evil but I wish it was Ne ne shes an awful person. Kandi dont leave the show You make it worth watching girl!

Gina G.

That is tragic, especially because he had six kids who now have no father. People should think about the line of business they choose when they have children to look after. Yeah, a strip club may be good money but any kind of club environment is dangerous because of the element that frequent those types of places. My heart goes out to his family and I will pray for them.

Gina G.

Although, I don't care for Kandi because she's a poser and fake and can't sing but screams all her lyrics, I do feel sorry for her and his kids. I'm sure she probably still had feeling for him although they were splits. I live in Atlanta (Duluth) and I don't go anywhere after dark, much less a club, because the crime has gotten so bad here. It sounds like he was killed by someone he knew but he struck me as a shady character too. I don't mean to defame the dead but it's the truth!!

Lea

This is so tragic for his children & Kandi, my prayers are w/ the family!

REPOST

balls

HumanNature

CHEF KOOKY

I love your recipes!!! Can you post some alternative healthy conscious recipes?? I'm trying to eat healthy!!! Peace!!

MJ's LOVE

(( LOVE HUG ))

Roy Galbraith

Didn't anyone feel bad for his 5 kids with all the different baby's momma's before he passed. When are these people going to realize that "Clubs" are not for wanna be's trying to prove something. Go, dance, and "a"drink and go home. I'm shocked all these people are "shocked" and feel sorry..

whatever

I feel for Kandi's loss and for this mans kids who now have to grow up without a father. Sad world we live in.

Sandy H

Hi Kandi..I never miss a week of RHOA..I am a huge fan of yours and wanted to take the time to tell you that I am simply devastated for you precious girl. I was shocked by AJ's death..I pray you and the family will stay stead fast in prayer..I can't imagine how heart sick you must be after the nephews untimely passing and your Uncle and now AJ..I pray you will stand strong and "Fly above it" hugs to you Baby Girl..I will keep you and all the children in my prayers. be strong Kandi

Frankie

Skippy and Onalee WHY do you exist? OMG, you are both JACKASSES!!!

rose parson

Sorry for your loss.May GOD be with you all.

jakayla

i thought it was sad that aj died that night and i see the kandi is going through a tuff time and i heard that her daughter was very very sad

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9