'Glee' Cast Dumped from Macy's Parade

10/12/2009 2:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

GleeThe hit FOX show "Glee" is chorus non grata at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade ... and we've learned NBC is behind it all.

The network that can't produce a hit to save its life -- at least this year -- has banned the cast of "Glee" from appearing at the Parade that airs on NBC.

Sources tell us Macy's invited the "Glee" cast -- the deal was all but signed -- but when rival NBC found out, they told the department store to pull the plug.

A rep for FOX declined to comment. NBC could not be reached. Macy's didn't get back to us.

suri

GLEE fans, we love your show!
Please help us SAVE SOUTHLAND!!

cathy

I agree with #14. The people that watch the parade watch various tv channels. So who cares who is in the parade from competing channels they are watching the parade on NBC. What idiots. http://beyondbitch.wordpress.com

Marissa

Too bad, I might have watched the thanksgiving parade if the glee cast was gonna be there...if it wasn't for Heroes and Chuck, I would never watch NBC. hmmm... and aren't they trying to cancel those shows? Goodbye NBC!!!

Susannah

Shame on you, NBC, for making me side with the eeeevil FOX. Bastards!

penny green

Glee is so good, they don't need to do that stupid parade,now we now why NBC is in the sh******

Becka

So, they're gonna take a potential rating booster and ban it? NICE

ZaraB

NBC...man these guys are out of control. Dropping good shows..playing schoolyard sissy games like this. I am betting NBC is writing the first draft of their obit with all this crap.

Peep

Forget Glee, they need the cast of Jericho up there.

LONG LIVE JAKE & HAWKINS!

Krissa

ARGH. This is so disappointing! I'm gonna be in that parade too! ;A;

JoJo Dancer

That's really sad NBC. Glee is my favorite new show this season. I love this show and I love the cast. I would have watched if they were on one of the floats or being interviewed. Now I'll skip the parade as I normally do. Screw you NBC.

laura poulsen

I think its disgusting that all these rich celeberties get all this free things and have soo much money they can buy a island.its just not right people are staving in pain and they take. take. take you had a show where woophie goldberg went to a play and you said she probabley got a free ticket well ive been watching her on the view and everytime they give things away she always comes over and says i could use that ill take that.PAY FOR IT!what r ur thoughts?

Amir Rosenthal

Glee is a good show. Too bad.

- Amir Rosenthal

cynthia castaneda

OMG!! that is so dumb i love glee!! Im a huge fan and I would have loved to see it at the parade. Now im not gunna watch it =/

TonicBabyDriver

I'm actually sorry to hear this news, Glee is feaking awesome, and I wasn't sure I would even like it at all, but I LOVE IT!

I would be curious what Glee creators would come up with in terms of a float, but I think whatever they came up with would be outstanding! Maybe they could tie the evil cheer coach to a steak and burn her down the street; even if only in effigy, it would be hysterical!

Too bad, I would have had my eye out for that! Anyway, keep up the amazing work Glee creators! You totally have something here, and I'm a happy camper spending an hour of my time with you each week! :)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2