Judge to Jon & Kate -- Settle this Mess!

10/13/2009 10:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The judge in the Jon and Kate Gosselin divorce clearly has had it up to here ... he didn't rule on any of the epic conflicts but ordered Jon and Kate to settle up and work it out with the arbitrator. The judge said he'll be down with anything the arbitrator decides ... with one provision -- it has to be in the best interests of the children.

Jon Gosselin: Click to watch
The judge said any monies taken improperly from the joint account should be returned, but he didn't get specific. He also admonished Jon and Kate to keep things "private" and "amicable." Good luck with that.

Before the short open hearing, lawyers met with the judge in chambers for about an hour but no settlement was reached.

They're due back in court on October 26.

shoot1

Jon likes the judge more than his own kids. He wore dirty clothes, no shower or shave and went to their party and pimped them to the paps. The judge gets a clean shaven, showered and dressed up Jon. How will Jon return the 230,000? Cant sell the car he gave Hailey she would leave him. Cant get the cash from his lawyer so what is Jon to do? Pimp his kids even more when he has visitation? Kate returned the 100,000 months ago at the first arbitrator meeting. Jon lied for over a week about the cash, then comes clean and starts accusing Kate about money already returned months ago. Guess he sells his car, hands his share of the other house to Kate, has Hailey pay rent to cover the condo? Kate should be able to keep quiet but Jon wont last a day. He may ask Lohan to be his mouthpiece but cant see that lasting. Jon is addicted to his new best buddies. Cant survive without them. He needs to spew his crap himself.

Will

They do need to stop this mess! Here is Jon's video blog threatening to beat up Kate's bodyguard: http://www.931theparty.com/cc-common/gallery/display.html?album_id=948 He needs to stop!

Please

It is all about Kate having to be in control & now she isn't her world has been turned upside down.
I agree her azz will be on the VIEW real soon!
Guess what KATE it isn't all about what & who can control anymore!!
Kate you are no longer drving the train sweetie so sit down & enjoy the ride!

janicebyrne01

Great big WHO CARES...... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop printing stuff about them.

sanity

Why do you morons keep bringing up Steve Neild? On what planet do you think that Kate would ever lower herself to date a mere bodyguard? Not to mention the fact that he is much older than her and not very good looking. Just because he seems like 'a good catch' to you biddies who hang out on the hate blogs all day does not make him even remotely close to anything that Kate would consider dating at this point in her life. She isn't ever going to settle for a man who isn't a big celebrity or extremely wealthy.

V

TMZ, who were the attorneys for each side? Any update whether Mr. Heller is allowed to represent Jon in his DIVORCE proceedings?

Martha

Boy, some of you are sure nasty this morning. I don't think Jon has the paperwork to support his claims. Most men, even those a lot smarter than Jon, have trouble keeping up with paperwork. I will bet Kate has all her paperwork in order.

From some of the comments made, you would think some of you were inside their home and knew exactly what was going on. I think a lot of your bitchy comments seem to be from envy. Neither Jon nor Kate is perfect. However, I think Jon's choice of "friends", and I use the term loosely, is suspect. I've said it before and I'll say it again Jon talks out of both sides of his mouth. At least with Kate, you know where you stand.

Jon is much more a media whore and, like this morning, always looks around to see if the paps are taking his picture. Jon looked like he was poured into that suit. Sure doesn't look as healthy as he did when he was with Kate. Probably, too many late nights and other things.

Kate keep being strong, best of luck to you and the kids. I hope this judge gets this settled so your life gets back to normal. God be with you and the kids.

Janet

the judge has to send the case to arbitration (mediation) to give the parents the opportunity to settle things (in the best interest of their children)out of court. Thats the law. So between now and the 26th they will have to meet with the mediator who is a neutral party jointly agreed upon by the parties involved. There is usually a minimum alotted time for this meeting and the parties split the costs. If they can't decide whats best in mediation it will go back to the judge for his decision.

Linda

Will Kate be on the Today Show and The View tomorrow crying her eyes out because her cash cows want to return to work. The judge said the best interest of the kids and they want to get back to work. It will destroy Kate's cash cows to miss out on all the amazing perks that The Losers Channel provides. Just ask the kids if they would rather be homeless on the street or having fun with the nanny and getting to see Mommy twice a week. Get the show back on the air fast; the kids are getting uglier by the day. They are starting to look like Jon.

london

While Kate is complaining she has no money to pay the bills in PA., she seems to have funds to keep up her tan, her nails, her frosty lock possum head, high powered attorneys,payments on a million dollar house and brand new SUV and flights back and forth to New York. (why isn't this being held in the PA court system, I will never understand.) Oh, and don't forget to pay the nanny! Jon meanwhile has a bach. pad in NYC, travels back and forth as well, and has a big mouth, loser attorney. Yes, yes, I see this is soo much in the best interest of the children. I understand. I was going thru a divorce years ago, and I had to give up all things beautiful for a while. These two should do the same

A.B.

Sorry, but do you really have to write so much about those people? They just get me in a bad mood.

Jan

RETURN ANY FUNDS IMPROPERLY WITHDRAWN. Jon withdrew his AFTER the courts were involved. Kate set up trusts BEFORE the courts were involved. I think Jon Jon is the improper one here.

White guys love lil kids lmfao

WTF?  You ppl have serious issues. That little cu*t kate is the oneto blame for it all. She wasn't like this B4 she lost the weight andgot a make-over. Now that the cu*t looks like my a**, she has been aroyal bit*h! I don't blame Jon for going to do his thing. I don'tthink he took any cash from her. It is real easy for women to takemoney out and say " I paid the bills" then blow it on whatever or putit in another account, I've had it done to me so i'm no f**kin rookie.I kno it will be more women on here tryn to bash Jon and that isn'tfair @ all. Because you unstable creatures just want to see her povand not his. My point is that she had it coming and I hope she getFAT and even more UGLY than she is now. Social Service should takethe kids until this is done and over with too!------------------------

Anonymous

Kate and Jon should just get this over with and move on. Kate had her paperwork and Jon did not. Looks like Lohan was a fair weather friend and Heller should write books on celebs instead of being in the court room. Heller is a disgusting waste of a legal education.

shirliana

JOHN SHOULD NOT RETURN ANY MONEY... LIKE HE SAID, HE HAD NOT PAID HIMSELF FOR FOUR YEARS...

SHE IS SUCH A LIER... KATE WHERE IS THE MONEY??????????????? SHE SHOULD NOT GET SPOUSAL SUPPORT.

I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR THE KIDS...

KATE IS MONEY HUNGRY