Britney Settles with Treadmarked Papper

10/20/2009 7:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsTeam Britney Spears has reached a financial settlement with the paparazzo who accused the pop star of intentionally driving over his foot with her Mercedes back in 2007.

Rick Mendoza, who was working for TMZ at the time, had argued that Brit's people "should have known ... Britney was not in the mental, emotional and/or physical condition to operate the subject motor vehicle in a safe and reasonable manner."

The terms of the settlement were not released -- but Mendoza had originally demanded more than $200,000 in damages.

tyme

Skum-bag pap's mob every celeb 24/7 , too stupid to get out of the way of a moving car...then demand money...
they are skum and so is any outfit that hires this type of human feces

for now

Yep. It's Brit's fault.
The guy deserves one nickel.

old black joe

HEY HARVEY,YOUR TMZ REPORTER THAT CLAIMS BRITANY RAN OVER HIS LITTLE TOE MUST BE SOME SORT OF P-U-S-S-Y...EWWWWW,MY TOE,MY TOE. WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN WHEN YOU GET IN THE WAY OF A ROLLING CAR YOU DUMMY..(YOU GET RUN OVER)YOU F-U-C-K-E-R-S PUT YOURSELVES IN THESE SITUATIONS, GET HURT, THEN CRY LIKE LITTLE BABYS WHEN SH-I-T GOES SOUTH. TAKE IT LIKE A MAN DOOOOOSSSSSHHHHEEE BAG, OR IN YOURE CASE A WOMAN.

CriticAl

Britney is starting to get quite a five head.

Robin

His stupid ass should have known that she was driving and to get the F*%# out of her was.

badelia

I can't believe he got any money. more paps should get run over maybe they would stop blocking traffic and crowding the cars. he was totally in the way of her car. I don't think the paps have the right to block someones car from moving. wouldn't that be a form of being held against your will, HARVEY? Not that Britney was totally stable before. But the paps just gave her alittle push, over to the deeper end, of the insanity pool. Harvey, mike, Max you guys are becoming celebs yourselves careful how you treat others (celebs) Karma can turn and bite you right in the Ass

Mark

She should have run over him. I don't agree with these people chasing all over getting pics. Too bad he still has a heart beat. And now she is paying him for his stupidity.

Delbyn

I agree with the others... he shouldn't have been in the way!!! If you get to close to a car, your GOING to get hit!!! Get out of the way or accept the fact that danger comes with your job! How come pap's can sue celebs, but celebs can't sue paps for getting in their way!!!!!!!

Delbyn

PLUS didn't get money already for putting your sock on ebay!!! PLEASE!!! Get a life. This country is too sue happy!!!!

misfitfan

I have little sympathy for the pap.I guess I am partly guilty myself.People who read tmz(myself included) encourage the bottom feeder paps to intrude in their lives and some of them are so rabid they put the celebs in danger like the one who got in an accident lately and didnt even have a license.I have noticed they also can be rude, and try to start problems only to be able to take a picture or video of their 'bad behavior' that often does not include the comments made that made them angry.He should have known Brit was not stable and Im sorry..if he was not trying to get so close to the car to be able to stick a camera in her face his poor little toe would not have been run over.My dad was a truck driver and he got his foot run over by a car once and had a small bruise from it and no limp and no lawsuit.I think Harvey should pay this guy.He is the one who encourages them to stalk celebs in the first place.And most of them are so ignorant and careless I almost cheer when one gets pushed or yelled at.

Pierce Aero

What a Freakin' set up! TK was right, this is a scam! I've seen that video a few times. That dude, intentionally put his foot under her tire to set her up for a Rip Off! Now you guys report it like your not getting an under the table cut. Harvey, the unseen rabbit, is behind this. Jimmy Stewart would be ashamed of you! I'm just disappointed.

NickSunset

No one is surprised this dirt bag was a paparrazi. Gee those guys have no class? This proves they don't. I rank them slightly above child molestors, car salesman and politicians and not always in that order.

Lilarose

Ah well. Brit can afford a few bucks, but TMZ, I have to say you are diminished in my eyes.

Quit harrassing people who are emotionally handicapped. Go for those who can deal with the media.

I think this was "small" of TMZ.

Black Power

I want a job at TMZ. First, I'll have some celebrity punch me or run me over. Then I'll sue them and make enough money so I won't have to work for a couple of years. Then, I'll make sure to get the car of the biggest female star inoperable and drive her home, then start dating and drugging her so she will do whatever I tell her to do. Then I'll get some short, smart ass lawyer to grab as much money as we can and hit the road. Wow, what a life.

Debi

It was a freakin accident & if this guy wasnt up her A** to begin with, this wouldnt have happened. He should get NOTHING!!! Next time maybe he will allow some space between a moving car and his freakin feet. I hope she only had to give him $1. If this guy got paid I am going to put my feet under every tire possible! LAME A**

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments