« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

911 Call in ESPN Analyst Case

10/21/2009 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the frantic 911 call made by the wife of ESPN analyst/former Mets general manager Steve Phillips, when she discovered her husband's 22-year-old ex-mistress in the family's driveway.

911 Call in ESPN Analyst Case

According to police, Marni Phillips returned to her Connecticut home on August 19 and discovered Brooke Hundley -- an ESPN production assistant who worked with her husband -- dropping off a letter in which she confessed to having an affair with Steve.

In the call, Marni tells the dispatcher "I have a crazy woman who is involved with my husband and she's come to my house to harm me and my children."

Marni later told police that Brooke freaked out when she saw Marni, and "got in her car, put it in reverse and smashed the rear end of her vehicle into the stone column ... cut across our grass, avoiding the driveway completely, driving erratically over rocks and mulch beds to maneuver her vehicle down our hill."

Phillips declined to press charges against Hundley -- but released a statement saying he was taking an "extended leave of absence."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Elizabeth

Seriously. If you are going to have a affair, have one with someone who has as much to lose (if not more) than YOU do. These homely little 22 year olds with nothing going for them but debt and lust for the man are dangerous. I don't get it. All that "money" and still no brains.

Blondie

Man is could she be an uglier. Geez,that's who he cheated with. Yikes!

jane

she looks like a crazy lesbian!

den in sac

Beauty is most definitely in the eye of the beholder!! As grandmamma said, "She sure is ugly!"

Octomomhater

actually, i looked up a picture of his wife, kind of hard to find, but she is a very hot looking 40 year old woman. just kind of makes this chubby chaser even more gross than he already is.

I feel bad for the wife and the kids, this pig is getting what he deserves, too bad his kids and wife has to suffer this psycho from hell and having an ahole for a father.

ThatsCrazy

Damn he is HOT, I would do him in a NY minute!!!

al

Guys with go-tee's are usually douche bags!

Martin

Wow, if your going to cheat on your wife. At least do it with a hot chick, not some homely ugly chick.

my two cents

Oprah had a show once about mean who cheat and the pyschologist said,"its not about how the mistress looks but how she makes him feel". I agree. This is a prime example (another would be prince charles and camilla parker bowles). I know this chick looks like a fat ricki lake with a big honking nose but she is 22 and he wants to be 22 so the young chick makes him feel young and virile. She is just a result of his massive midlife crisis.

MsCommonSense

She looks like his grand-daughter! Any girl who would take the relationship seriously of a married man (regardless of age difference), is really an idiot! If she thinks she is really of any importance to him, she is wacked out and needs therapy real soon. Why would she stalk the wife! She is a nut!

Brittney

OK, HOW UGLY IS HIS WIFE IF THIS IS AN UPGRADE IN ANYTHING????

NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

balls

balls

Nix

Hey, don't you guys or girls know by now that the wife could be very attractive. Most men just like the bit on the side. It's all the intrique of hiding and meeting secretly and not at all that they love these misstresses. These player men only really like the power they have over women. She's another one like David Letterman's Stephanie, seduced by the older, powerful in the limelight man. I had to laugh at the wife telling the cop on 911 call she was going to call her husband and ask who she was - so of course she really knew all along but this was her chance to get the mistress in trouble. lol!!

Jack

I am straight as an arrow but every time I see him on ESPN I think, man that's a good looking guy. What are you thinking Steve? If even straight guys think you are good looking the interns must be falling all over you. I would not cross the street to piss on her if she was on fire and you hit that. You must be kidding. This must be a bigger hoax than the balloon boy. It must. Please say it is Steve.

mspity

Such a loser!!! Mr ESPN...betta pic wit a stripper or prostitute!!!
Not SMART!!! Mami would not have called 911 she would understand.