Jon Gosselin -- The Check's in the Mail

10/23/2009 2:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned at 1:23 PM ET -- 30 minutes ago from the time of this post -- Kate Gosselin's lawyers received an email from Jon Gosselin's Pennsylvania lawyer stating that he has $152,000 from Jon that will repay Kate for the money he looted from the joint account.

As we first reported, the judge in the case ordered Jon to repay $180,000 -- Jon has already repaid $28,000 so the balance is $152,000.

Under the terms of the judge's order, Jon is required to wire the money to Kate's lawyers. That has not been done yet.

Kate's lawyer, Mark Momjian, tells TMZ if he gets the money today he'll cancel the court hearing on Monday.

There's another $55,000 in dispute. Jon says Kate had no right to take the money. Kate says she spent it on household matters. The arbitrator will decide who's right at a later date.

who has the facts? ME

Jon is a tool
Kate - 1
Jon - 0

bill bob

first PAGE!!!

.:Loki 4Ever:.

Why does Snoop Dogg have someone carry his umbrella?... for Drizzle?

WillOTheWisp

That's a shame! What the heck was he thinking? Taking that money shows that he didn't trust his wife after years together. I still hope they get back together, but only after some serious counseling. TLC should send the two of them away to some exotic island and let them get reacquainted.

santo

Who cares. Our country has bigger concerns than Jon and Kate. Hope they disappear soon.

juli seutter

Jon is a pig!!!!!!!!!! Make him pay!!

GGG

Kate's household matters are clothes, tanning, nails, hair color/cut, massages, etc. Get real Kate! Where's the money!

GGG

I can't wait to see Kate kicked out of her 1.1M home to pay bills. Should be fun to see the witch in that situation!!!

Tinalouise

Can we PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THESE TWO LOSERS!!?? They are equally delusion in believing that they are important or relevant in any way..they are not and now they just need to disappear.

sanity

The Gosselins were told to keep things private, which is what Kate's legal team is doing. Why is Jon's lawyer blabbing to the press again? How obnoxious. They should be found in contempt of the court for that.

Harriet

They both drive me crazy but if I have to pick a side to support it would be for Jon. I have never liked Kate.

Bella

Glad he is paying the money back but I would like to know how she spent $55,000 on bills. Wow. I know she is seeking spousal support but shouldn't he sue her for pain and suffering. She was totally abusive to him on the show. Can't imagine how she talked to him while the camera was not rolling. I am not so sure why anyone feels sorry for her. The only ones I feel sorry for is their children. I am just saying...

Trevor

It's a "cheque" not a "check."

M Murphy

If it were me I would give her everything just so that she wouldn't have an excuse to come after me. Then what would be her excuse to to to the media other than avoiding being a REAL MOTHER.

Anna