Rihanna -- Chris Thought He Was Invincible

11/7/2009 10:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rihanna feels Chris Brown had "no limits" because fame came to him at such a young age -- and that may have played a role in the brutal beating earlier this year.

Rihanna

Rihanna told Diane Sawyer on "20/20" last night, "Fame came to Chris very young ... You're a kid and the word 'no' doesn't exist? You become invincible. There's no right or wrong, you just do."

RiRi also said she hasn't heard Chris' "apology" song and thinks his apology video online looked like he was reading from a teleprompter.

Michelle

This is to the Girl who adressed me on the bords early..I am a woman.. and im Dam proud of it...I never stated any thing diffrent from that..I know that I should have Riri's back because she is a woman as well but im sorry I will not be on that bus today...I stated Chris Brown was wrong for putting his hands on a woman at all.. I said he shold be punished...let me say it Again He should be punished for what he did..And he is..He stated he was sorry and was given a punishment by the courts..which he is serving.. he also stated he was seeking help..what do you not understand...HE is 19 years old... he is a young man who hsa been ridiculed to no end and his career was at stake..but this is part of a good learning lession..Yet you have RiRi stated the fight over what a freaken text..Really come on..she struck him several times befor he reacted.. what did she think he was gonna do..As woman My mother always taught me keep your hands and feet to your self.. my brother were taught this as well.. she really is in the wrong for hiting him as well don't care if he's a man.. it goes both ways..and if you think it's ok to hit a man then maybe you should seek help quick.. all im saying is they were both wrong yet chris is the only one who has really had to own up to anything..she wants to set a good example for women and young girls she should have said she beat him fist..she's sorry and will be seeking help as well.. but she didn't she put it all off on him so she aint setting no good example..I do not expect any man to him me and I do not expect to hit a man..so it goes both ways and for all the girls that jumped on me because of what im saying I will say get help and pratice what you preach.. keep your hands to your self.. and for the girl who said what if this was your mom or sister or what ever I would do my best to get them out of a toxic realtionship...and each story is diffrent..and every story has 2 sides..but it seems like chris didn't even get a stick on this one..so wake up ladies were should be held responsible for our actions..FYI she also hit her younger brother as well over the head with a Glass bottle... and he had to have stiches.. ponder that...

raLU

I can't believe the way she speaks... wow, she's doesn't know how to speak...

nitra

anyone who wants to try convince people that chris brown was right. dont waste your breath. i have learned that it is a waste of time to talk to stupid people. if he was a rapper and not a pretty boy you would belive her . "oh she had to do something". my friends husband almost beat her to death because she burned a pot of rice

crazyright

I watched the 20/0 Diane Sawyer interview, it seemed very rehearsed on her part...Domestic Violence to anyone is cruel and inhumane....RiRi and CB have a lot of growing up to do individually and work on personal growth...I do believe in that interview RiRi is definitely going for the sympathy plea and appealing to women who have been abused...no matter what really happened between her and CB, that was the focus and message of her interview...If your in abusive situation get out.... That was for her fans that have been abused...Each time she mentined, "those young girls", "my young fans", I didn't realize the impact on you girls lives"...all this was for her fans that are being abused to really about her and CB....

RiRi and CB will be fine, but hopefully people will understand the true message, if you are being abused get out..Its not worth your body, mind, spirit or career....

Todd

Rhianna's hair is so ugly. It's too short. She looks like a teenage boy from the 80's who bleached his hair himself cuz he couldn't afford a hairdresser. She should grow it out. Girls like Beyonce and Leona Lewis make Rhianna look like Ugly Betty.

Michelle

8. One can see there are only CB supporters on here right now so I'll chime in as an older woman. Even though she was humiliated by the publicity surrounding this beating there were at least eight or nine in total. The women who released the photos of her are heroes and likely spared her from a future death at the hands of that young man. For a man to beat a woman's beautiful famous face (identity) to a pulp, demonstrates he was attempting to destroy her in a number of ways and, although she didn't initially want advice, it is fortunate she finally listened to the voices and wisdom of a few of the highly respected, grounded, and famous in the black community. It would appear she is in psychotherapy (most people in modern society can utilize a period of psychotherapy at least once in their life to overcome any/all childhood or adult traumas), and I hope she stays with her therapist until she is so grounded within herself that she'll never attract another unhealed perpetrator into her intimate life.

CB needs to have his brain scanned and then be placed on the appropriate medication and, also, surrender to serious psychotherapy (along with his mother) so as to become a healthier and better person. I agree with Rhianna...what he has demonstrated thus far is simply an act of manipulation as a narcissistic person and, yes, he does need to get his face off the talk shows, leave Oprah (who was abused herself) alone, enter deep psychotherapy, and move forward with his own life which includes not badmouthing this young woman but releasing her to find true happiness with another down the road.

Wow this is simply Amazing... what hole in the ground did u get out of..? I do not agree with chris Brown.. at all not one single bit.he should never put his hands on her in ever..ever..ever..but I was stated the the fight broke out over a dumb text..which she started.. she was hiting him while he was driving the car.. by her hitting him while he's driving a car put them and anyone else who was around in danger what if that car had crashed? someone is hitting you while your driveing at what point do you draw the line and when dose it become self defense? yes she is a woman and he is a man..I get that..but really think about it..then when he finaly get's fed up and takes matters into his own hands what the hell did u think would happen? get real people..She is sitting there give her interview like she did noithing wrong and that's what bothers me.. she is as much to blame as he is.. and you beging an older woman should know the saying keep your hand and feet to your self always.. so if the two of you never learned that then maybe you should be seeking help like she needs.. this is the sameand young woman who hit her little brother over the head with a glass bottle..and you think she don't need help well your worng.Society need to really start thinking and treating woman and man equally..and he was right to say insted of oprah bashing him she should have incouraged him to get help or better yet teach him.. this is what's worng with the world.Rihanna says she wants to set an example she should own up to what she did and tell these young girls to not make the same mistake.. girls don't hit men.. and men don't hit woman plain and simple..she's send the message it's ok to hit a man as long as he beats your A@@ when you finsh beating his..so no she's not setting any example except the worng one..she has yet to take responsiblity for her part in this mess.. that'a all im saying.. she should be seeking so much need help as well..and Fame came to the both of them early on..so did she forget that..

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

GO AWAY RHIANNA, BECAUSE IF YOU CAN'T BE HONEST ABOUT YOUR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ISSUES THEN WHAT THE USE COMING ON TV AND CLOWNING CHRIS BROWN.

YOU HAD A BITCH FIT IN THE CAR, HITTING CHRIS, SNATCHING KEYS OVER SOMETHING IN A CELL PHONE.

UNTIL YOU GET HELP YOURSELF, GO AWAY RHIANNA,,,,FOREVER!!

WAS A FAN.........................

AT THIS POINT IN YOUR LIFE YOU THINK YOU ARE "INVINCIBLE".

BUT WE WON'T HEAR OR SEE THE LAST OF YOUR TEMPERMENT, WAIT UNTIL YOUR NEXT MAN DO SOMETHING TO SET YOU OFF.

Ren

WHERE HAVE ALL THE COWBOYS GONE? A COWBOY WOULD HAVE NEVER HIT A WOMAN.

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

STUPID PEOPLE, This is NOT about whose right or wrong, THEY BOTH WERE WRONG, BUT ONLY ONE IS realizing they have anger issues, thats the problem here.

NO ONE IS TAKING UP FOR CHRIS, RHIANNA HAS ISSUES AS WELL, and for her to blame Chris over and over and over is ridculous.

Lippy Loo

Hey Ri Ri you talentless hobag! Spock called and he want's his pointy ears back!

samantha

All of this dialogue is moot, for Chris Brown is going to have two gaping holes in his skull in the near future. He will be the victim of a homicide, and I for one can't wait. Remember, the only "good" Chris Brown is a DEAD Chris Brown!

scyshum

If men and women want to be treated equally, then why isn't Rihanna at fault? What if Rihanna had killed her brother with that bottle? Would that have been okay? No. But yet, her hitting him with it is fine? So that's pretty much like saying, since Chris Brown didn't kill her, it should be fine too.
What CB did was wrong, and he knows that. For everyone that's saying he still isn't sorry, I'm pretty sure he is. He's lost a lot of fans, a lot of endorsement deals, and for the most, he's lost the "one that he loved". At least he is trying to move on. He has his album coming out, but I don't see him going around telling people about the incident. Why? Because it's past and nothing can be changed. On the other hand, Rihanna, who hasn't spoke out this whole time, suddenly decided to speak out and bash Chris Brown so that everyone feels sorry for her, RIGHT BEFORE HER ALBUM IS DROPPED. Chris Brown could've done the same when he went on Larry King. He could've talked about how Rihanna hit him, and how she instigated the incident; but no, because he has more dignity than that.
I'm a female, and yes, I do think that it's wrong for a man to hit a woman, but at the same time, I have a little more self pride than to think that because of that, I can abuse a guy without consequences. For those that want Chris Brown to go to jail and all that, well every time you slap your husband and such, or if you guys get in a fight and you hit him, then maybe you should go to jail too. Her face was all messed up because he's bigger than her. If she punched a 2 year old in the face, the kid would look just as bad as she does, doesn't necessarily mean she insanely tried to beat her to death, she's just stronger than the kid.

Erica

Wow she looks so cute! Her lips and eyes are so pretty.

CrisDizzle

Rhiana's sweaty forehead was the top trend topic on Twitter... now I know why! =o

randi

Some of the comments are disturbing. What makes anyone think it's okay to hit a woman? A man who hits any woman is a coward...plain and simple.
She got upset because she saw a twitter from an ex girlfriend of his. So what if she may have provoked him, she loved him, but that doesn't give him or anyone else the right to hit someone. If he was any kind of man, he would have pulled over and got out of the car and walked his anger off.
To say she deserved it, how rude!!!!. How would you like being a punching bag.
I was married to a man, when he drank, he would start hitting me. I've had black eyes, a fractured cheek bone and he split my eye open. I've lived it and until you have been the one on the other end of punches, pushes, or slaps don't you dare say "they deserved it". If I didn't leave my abusive ex, he probably would have killed me.
I think she is a beautiful woman and she had the courage to get on national tv and tell her story. YOU GO GIRL
No one has the right to hit any woman or children for that matter.