Rihanna -- Chris Thought He Was Invincible

11/7/2009 10:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rihanna feels Chris Brown had "no limits" because fame came to him at such a young age -- and that may have played a role in the brutal beating earlier this year.

Rihanna

Rihanna told Diane Sawyer on "20/20" last night, "Fame came to Chris very young ... You're a kid and the word 'no' doesn't exist? You become invincible. There's no right or wrong, you just do."

RiRi also said she hasn't heard Chris' "apology" song and thinks his apology video online looked like he was reading from a teleprompter.

Rindy

Chris Brown said not one thing bad about Rihanna. She doesn't know what went on in Chris Brown head so she cannot say that fame got to him. Chris never said she hit him or not because out of respect, he wouldn't talk bad about a women he loves. He said only that he is wrong and take responsibility for his own actions. People cannot be mad because you feel his punishment should of been harsher. A person with no soul in his eyes would of told everything that happened in that car and what triggered him to snap on you. A person who feels he can do no wrong and have no bounderies would of braged. NOT ONCE DID SHE PRESS CHARGES AGAINST CHRIS BROWN ONLY THE DA. WHY? YOU DIDN'T PRESS CHARGES RIHANNA? BECAUSE YOU LEAVING OUT DETAILS AND PLAYING THE VICTIM CARD. ONE DAY YOU ARE GOING TO FIND A MAN WHO IS GOING TO REPORT YOUR VIOLENT BEHAVIOR.

C

HOW CAN YOU GET A BRAT TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE JUST AS WRONG
FOR CREATING THE INCIDENT, WHEN THEY DON'T RECOGNIZE THAT THEY ARE A BRAT. RIHANNA IS JUST AS WRONG AS CHRIS IS, BUT IF SHE DID NOT
START THE INCIDENT BY ATTACKING CHRIS FIRST THEN SHE WOULD NOT HAVE
BEEN IN THE INCIDENT IN THE FIRST PLACE. NOW SHE WANTS TO GO ON
NATIONAL TVAND ACT LIKE SHE'S A VICTIM. IT WAS OK IT SEEMS FOR HER TO ATTACK CHRIS AND HE HAD NOT RIGHT TO DEFEND HIM SELF (BS). HEY THE US GOVERNMENT AND THE POLICE DEFENDS CITIZENS ALL THE TIME WHEN
OUR COUNTRY IS ATTRACKED, AND WE DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND
OURSLEVES FROM BEING INDIVIDUALLY ATTACKED (BS). I HOPE THAT I AM
NEVER ATTACKED BECAUSE SHAME ON THE ATTACKER...I WILL SEND A SPIRIT
AFTER THEIR ASS...GET MY DRIFF! I WILL USE THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF
THE BIBLE...PSALMS 91:13 KJV

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

#37 STFU, Nobody is saying Rhianna deserved anything, RHIANNA DID
THE HITTING, she did the provoking, until CHRIS defended himself while driving.

PEOPLE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

RHIANNA.....................GO AWAY!

Angela

First let me just say, I am sick and tired of her whiny behind, and secondly, does she even know what invincible means?

KRH

this just keeps going and going and going and going. so tired of hearing about this. they just wont let it die.

Sue

ATTENTION TMZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE BLACK BALL CHEF KOOK AND BALLS FROM GIVING COMMENTS ON THIS WEBSITE.
They make NO sense, and anoy EVERYONE !!!

Write TMZ if you agree with me.

Do you know how long it takes to write a long cookie receipe??? This person has NO
life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carmen

I cannot believe the people here who support this little boy! you all should be ashamed of you! no woman deserves to be hit like he hit her, does not matter what the woman does..she does not deserve a beat down, he is a coward and a selfish boy!!! He needs real therapy not anger management, anyone can take that and still be angry and still do the same things he has been doing, Rihanna is a very powerful and brave person for doing that interview, I believe in her 100% she is a great role model for young girls out there everywhere who is experiencing this kind of situation...kudos to her for going on with her life and learning from this. Team Rihanna..........Team Edward!!

Maruichan

Don't make excuses for him. Just move on.

kerrybabyxx

I think she is a uppity little snot.

Sue

Were going to bust your balls, BALLS

AND tenderloin your ass, Chef Kooky

YOU ARE HISTORY

FROM, US

deb

I think Chris was pushed and snapped....no excuse to beat her, but I'd say she is one snotty b*%#ch and egged him on. She's an arrogant ho!

Joel P.

The irony is that all Chris Brown had to do was to accept what he did and most people would have forgiven him. He's the by-product of an abusive relationship. He had poor roll models as a child. His mother clearly didn't see how selfish it was for her to continue to expose her your son to this type of behavior. All he had to do was apologize, acknowlege that "he hurt someone he loved." And enrolled in serious therapy. He would have been accepted and the circus would not have continued.

Instead---- he adapted the I did nothing wrong startegy. You know.. "we both were at fault", "the incident" , "she gaved me an STD", "she slapped me before", " I am talking to my pastor", "look at me I'm on a jetski so everything is back to normal".etc. etc.

He just dug himself a really deep hole by not taking full responsiblity and seeking help. It is soo sad, because his career will not recover for a while(if ever). He really needs to start listening to or get some PR people with brains. Grow up Chris. This is a loose loose situation if he continues to blame the victim. It's not working. Try a different tactic. While you're at it, please enroll in college. The performing career that you once enjoyed will not be back for a while.

Please!

I SUPPORT CHRIS BROWN.

RHIANNA IS AGRESSIVE AND VIOLENT

Keesa

They have blew this whole situation out of proportion. This video does not depict Rihanna as a victim to me. From the look in her eyes she actually looks like she is trying to get at Chris for something.

I dont believe in Domestic Violence. Thats if the woman is the victim or the man. No one know what truly happened. There are 2 many stories but I dont think that Rihanna was innocent in this whole situation.

If she was hitting him or continuously provoking Chris then she should have been hit (but not to that extinct)

Chris Brown was sentenced under the law already so why are we still trying to make it bigger than what it is?

janalal4

4. I don't think Rihanna was being 100% truthful, Both Chris , and Rihanna came from parents of domestic abuse in the home, so what sets her apart from being an abuser? She was right he had no right to do what he did to her but we usually get with people who we feel comfortable with mabe she can ask herself , who was the person I looked up to and respected as a child, and if was her mom and we know her mom was abused and suffered in silence then I pray Rihanna stays in counseling for life. Because she won't feel happy unless drama is in her life. God bleess Both of them.

Posted at 11:27AM on Nov 7th 2009 by Red

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/07/rihanna-chris-brown-diane-sawyer-20-20-video/#comments#ixzz0WEP1WJHJ

From what Rihanna said, "Some people only learn after the 8th or 9th time", insinuating she had been hit that many times previously. When she said that she never thought it would happen to her of all people, I understood EXACTLY what she meant. I've been in her shoes. I too never thought I would put up with that BS but I did. First I tried to appease & pacify him; please him because I thought if I made him 'happier' then he wouldn't push, shove, hit, grab me by the throat(take your pick), etc. Then I became resentful & angry & started to fight back. So then I began doing to him what he was doing to me but only after he had started it. If Rihanna hit him, it most likely was because she too was a 'strong woman' like I thought I was & couldn't visualize herself being hit without fighting back. That only escalates the situation. The only true solution to be with an abuser is to leave their sorry a@@. Rihanna may have thrown a few punches but I'd bet it was only because the anger had built up for so long.

I listened to her whole interview & was quite impressed with how insightful, intelligent(well okay, not a genius but definitely smarter than I thought she would be), & sensitive Rihanna actually is. She seems to be a rather 'private' person & you could tell this was not easy spilling her life out for the media. As a formerly battered wife, I can tell you that one story of an abused woman is ALWAYS the SAME STORY. It follows a pattern & its truly amazing how completely emmersed & obsessed you can become with someone who treats you so very badly. Rihanna is telling the truth & I admire her for it. Please don't forget what a very young girl she is. Just a baby really. I always thought she was cold, bitchy & spoiled but in the full interview she did not come across that way at all. She said she realized that she should be a role model for young women & did not realize the effect she was having on other young girls until she began to receive letters from others who were being abused. I think Rihanna did a lot of growing up through this experience. She is not lying about not wanting to be with Chris I don't think either. You have to actually get away & STAY away from your abuser for a significant period of time before the 'spell' that they have over you can be broken. It took her a long time to come out & speak publicly about this incident because recovering from abuse is a journey. If she had done it any sooner then she probably would have been lying then because there are so many changes & emotions one goes through after the break-up of a abusive & dysfunctional relationship.

CONGRATULATIONS RIHANNA. YOUR BEAUTIFUL, TALENTED, & INDEPENDENT. YOU DON'T NEED CRAP LIKE THIS IN YOUR LIFE. KEEP STANDING UP FOR ALL THOSE YOUNG GIRLS & WOMEN ALL OVER THE WORLD WHO ARE GOING THRU HE!! RIGHT NOW & HAVE NO VOICE TO SPEAK FOR THEM!!!!