Shaq's Wife Files for Legal Separation

11/10/2009 2:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Shaquille O'Neal's wife Shaunie has abruptly flown to Los Angeles and filed a petition for legal separation in Los Angeles County Superior Court ... and Shaq's people think it's all about money.

shaquille o'neal divorce

TMZ has learned Shaunie filed legal papers yesterday in L.A., even though the couple lives in Florida. The petition says although Shaunie is filing for legal separation, she intends to file for divorce. She lists "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for separation.

We're told Shaunie pulled her kids out of school in Florida several days ago and they are with her now in L.A.

Why, you ask, would Shaunie cross the country to file in L.A.? Well, a spouse generally does a lot better in the spousal support department here in California. Shaunie is asking for both spousal and child support -- though she did not specify an amount for either.

Shaunie claims in her papers to be a resident of L.A. since November 8, 2009 -- 2 days ago.

The date of separation is listed as 11-9-09. The couple has 4 minor children. Shaunie wants legal and physical custody of all the kids.

They have been married for 6 years, 11 months.

Stay tuned ...

Lala

I ran into Shaq in Portland... we were staying at the same hotel. The woman he was with was not that woman... and I don't think it was his sister either.

Sucks. He was very cool too.

Simone

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How do you think about these things?????

Simone

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How do you think about these things????? Hahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahaha.

Drew

Of cousre its about money. Why else would she fly to L.A. to file.
Hope Shaq has a rock solid pre-nup.

Can't think for myself blog

In todays news, TMZ learned how to arrange words in a sentence.

mddiva

Doesn't surprise me...But didn't she file before? Maybe the rumors are true that Shaq ran up Gilbert Arena's baby mama and her baby (she is 7 months preggers) may be Shaq's. Oh Well, She got more money than me. So do your thing girl!

element2003

i want half of shaq's stuff too...

mddiva

All's well in love and war!

Nicole

She probably got sick of his cheating. I'd do the same thing...wait scratch that...I would never marry an athlete or rock star unless I was okay with sharing my husband with every hussy out there.

JD Oroye

Both of them can go to hell.......

Heavy

thats why you dont get married in L.A. california address plus marriege equals bend over shaq and get your feet set because a train is going to screw you.

mmafighter4life

golddigger, can you say golddigger! id tell her, bitch this is like a bank, once you close the account, you dont get access to the rest of the money in the bank. so get a job, welcome to the world outside of shaq's wallet.

Marketing $ociologist

She's an I-D-I-O-T. New York has much better spousal support laws than California! Ask any of Trump's exes.

Lee

Well Shawnie is from L.A. and her parents live around the corner from me in Ladera Heights...it seems her other motive for coming to L.A. is ..it's her home....(LMAO! Aside from the fact that her first son was by her fiance...which was Shaq'a business manager originally)...So Shaq stole his business Mangers Fiance...LMAO! Can't turn a garden tool into a house wife.....

Lisa

Hey Nicole - right you are about sharing your husband but if the women are hussies then what are the husbands? it takes 2 to tango

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments