« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lesnar -- Mayo Bound and May Never Fight Again

11/16/2009 2:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brock LesnarBrock Lesnar is so sick, he'll be going to the Mayo Clinic so doctors can figure out what to do -- but it will probably require major surgery ... UFC Prez Dana White tells TMZ.

White tells us Lesnar -- the UFC heavyweight champ -- is "very, very sick" with some sort of intestinal disorder, although listening to White, it sounds a lot more serious than that. White says the condition will require "major surgery."

White is going to visit Lesnar in the hospital and is trying to get him transferred to the Mayo Clinic, one of the most renowned medical facilities in the world.

White says Lesnar -- formerly of the WWE -- was diagnosed with mono more than a week ago and was "bummed out" that he had to cancel the fight and went to Canada to rest. White says Lesnar collapsed in Canada a week ago today and has been hospitalized ever since.

White acknowledges the current condition is not mono but he will not be specific. White says the condition is not HIV or cancer.

And, White tells TMZ, "There's a possibility Lesnar will never fight again."

More Brock Lesnar

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

derek

It could be colitis. However if the docs didn't get that, then that medical facility is really retarded. I mean it can go unchecked or not noticed, but the quality of that medical facility would be low. To me how the story changes. Either the person doesn't want people to know b/c it's something they feel unease talking about, or they really don't know. So if it was mono or what not, I think there would be no shame in telling.

However, since this has been down played, they have to know. Unless again, the medical facility quality is that low. I am thinking they know but are not telling( which I don't blame ) because it is something not easy to talk about. To have a hole in the intestinal area, there would have to be a disease more than likely to cause that. Also for it to be draining into the stomach, uh once waste goes into the abdominal cavity it becomes toxic, and can kill. If that was the case, immediate surgery I would think would take place. See, that's why it doesn't all make sense. I wonder if lesnar was treated with anti-biotics prior to this b/c that can cause ulcerative colits. In theory, when bad bacteria over rides good, it can cause infection that leads to that condition. Anti-biotics, is not anti- pro biotics. Being that antibiotics kill both good and bad, hence anti...then biotic. Also, if lesnar was eating alot of red meat and drinking milk while taking anti-biotics...not a good combo.

Get well...majoring in science with interest in internal medicine.

Inquiring Mind

Praying for you......

Bonnie

But is sick with what? - A flesh eating virus?

Bonnie

Hey, where's the guy who usually writes, "First!" or "balls" or the ever dumb Kooky? Maybe they're all together somewhere away from their laptops...I hope. :)

excretive producer

Just come out with it!

hotel283

probably Hepatitis, that stripper wife of his has gone down more times than Das Boot
also, he may be faking it so he doesn't get his stupid, redneck ass handed to him by Feodor

Max

I've heard a rumor that he has kidney failure due to years of steroid abuse, not sure if it's true but it would require major surgury. I really hope it's not that serious but it sounds like it is. I'm really hoping for a quick recovery, Brock is one of my fav fighters of all time. Love him or hate him, he's entertaining. Get Well Soon Brock.

Y0u wanna know

He is in the hospital here where I live and if you ask a few people around here it has been leaked with what is going on with him. Very sad, hopefully he makes a speedy recovery

Inquiring Mind

Posted at 12:14PM on Nov 16th 2009 by Bonnie

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/16/brock-lesnar-dana-white-mayo-clinic-mono-ufc-wwe/#comments#ixzz0X2ngwBJj

LoL.. I WAS SURPRISED I WAS FIRST.. THOUGHT THE SAME!

Jim in LV

Dana White is a little gossip-hound. Why can't he just say "Brock is very sick and we're getting him the best medical care possible" instead of saying things like "it's very serious but not HIV or cancer. He may never fight again." The next time Dana acts like a professional will be the first.

doc murry

OOOHH THE HUMANITY

BROCK IS GOING TO DIE FROM BEING HIT IN THE KIDNEYS AND HIS EARS TOO MANY TIMES..HE IS A HERO TO ALL THE KIDS OUT THERE AS HE UNDERTOOK THE NEVER TALKED ABOUT PHOBIA ATTTACKING MANY KIDS,,FEAR OF MAniiquins his fOUNDATION HAS RELEASED RECORDS SHOWING HE HAS RAISED $494.78 FOR HIS CHARITY NAMED K.W.A.A.O.M....KIDS WHO ARE AFAIRD OF MANNIQUINS..HOW WILL THE WORLD EVER REPLACE THIS HERO..EVEN BRITTNEY SPEARS WAS QUOTED AS SAYING"HE IS A GREAT MAN AND LOOKS COOL"

Amanda

He could have Crohn's or another intestinal disorder. When really severe, you often have most of your intestines and colon removed. It would be hard to fight with a permanent colostomy.

PJ in Houston

If Brock has chosen to remain private with his illness, Dana needs to quit building the hype and shut his mouth.

My guess would be some complications derived from many years of excessive steroid abuse. Steroids typically attack valves of the heart so I guess we will have to wait and see. Get well soon Brock as i love watching you turn up the hit and so far dominate MMA ... I will even go as far as saying he would knock out Fedor ...

Tom P

steroids cause heart problems. could be that.

L.A.

That to too bad for Lesnar,,,he is my fav mma fighter besides Randy Couture

I wonder what it could be? keep going tmz,, you know you have connections everywhere to get the scoop,, dont let us down..lol

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments