Eddie Cibrian Sues Mag Over LeAnn

11/19/2009 9:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Eddie Cibrian is suing "Life & Style weekly" for more than $1 million, for allegedly defaming him over his relationship with LeAnn Rimes.

According to the suit ... obtained by TMZ ... Cibrian claims the stories the mag published "falsely portray Eddie as being unfaithful to Ms. Rimes, as currently being in a romantic relationship with Ms. Jancan, and as having abandoned his children."

Scheana Jancan is an aspiring actress and according to the mag she and Eddie were hooking up. The title of the article: "Eddie is Cheating on LeAnn Already."

story developing

michaela

@ BETTY...L & S were standing behind their statements back on Nov. 4. We don't know their stand now.

You gloat dear betty.

betty

michaela- L&S published the article on Nov.16 after Eddie had threaten to sue. What's to gloat about? I only see 2 innocent children's lives being impacted by their father's lack of judgement and indiscretions. He is the one airing his dirty laundry in public. If his lying and cheating didn't ruin his reputation this lawsuit will regardless of the outcome.

cbme

Maybe he is innocent of this last accusation. If so, he should sue - he should also sue to let LeAnn know that he is truly not guilty. More than that, he should show some respect for himself with this effort - whether anyone else believes him or not. I don't believe that this lawsuit will hurt Eddie. He has been maligned enough by everyone that I don't believe he would be filing suit if he was guilty. Of course I don't know, but the guy should be given a chance since he is trying to prove that he isn't guilty "as charged." Good luck, Eddie.

michaela

The story broke online first, Nov.4 and went to print later in Nov. It was earlier in the month when they said they stood by their story. Nothing lately. But they may still stick to their guns. I wish they would have to divulge the "source".

Well you would be one happy poster if Eddie should be ruined for life. It might slake that thinly-veiled lust for revenge that only a close family member or friend of Brandi's could wish for.

Maybe Eddie should be have a scarlet letter seared into the flesh of his chest, never be allowed to see his children for his vile character and certainly NEVER be forgiven! Happy now!!? Oh, I momentarily forgot - you are above such things.

betty

Why is this all,about Eddie ? What about his family? He stated on a TV show he would protect his boys from any tab gossip and now he is the one creating it. Now that makes him a liar and a hypocrite.Why would Brandi want to seek revenge on the father of her children Although they are divorcing those children will keep them bonded for life. I bet Brandi's family and friends care more about the welfare of the children then Eddies or Leannes reputation.

michaela

If you weren't related or close in some way you would not feel so passionate about this. That is totally understandable!

You ask why Brandi would seek revenge on the father of her kids. Firstly, I didn't say she would(though sometimes your tone and that of her other family members and close friends sounds like they'd love nothing more than to exact revenge) but it happens quite often.

Why even say something like, "I bet Brandi's family and friends care more about....". That goes without saying.

Right now Brandi's kids should be sheltered by the family from the drama raging in the rags. And I'm certain they're doing just that. What they can't be sheltered from is mom's devastation and anger. Even if she hides it from them, it's in the atmosphere and picked up by their subconscious minds and feeling life.

betty

So now you think you are psychic. You assume a lot and don'i even know this woman and you are out of your league trying to analyze me. Why are you on this revenge kick? Why are you so obsessed with these people? If I was a friend or relative of Brandi I wouldn't be wasting my time responding to people like you. I do it because this is my new hobby ,.at least their mother is there for her kids trying to shelter and protect which can't be said about their father.

michaela

New hobby, mine too! ROFL

The article is about Eddie Cibrian and his lawsuit against L & S...so naturally that is what people will comment on. People shouldn't attempt to control what other posters may or may not say. I say relative or close friend, imo.

cbme

Why do the supporters of the ex think that fans of Eddie and LeAnn have no right to express their support of this couple? You don't own the site. I thought Americans gave everyone the right to be heard - obviously, that isn't true in this case. If the two just touch each other, they are "fondling;" If they are seen out together, they are "flaunting;" if LeAnn smiles, she is "smirking;" what kind of justice do some of you people (writers of articles and posters alike) believe in? I hope that they are successful in their feelings for each other and can find some happiness, regardless of what you would-be "judges of the WAY LESS than SUPREME BEINGS" court think. May you be judged according to your mistakes the same way you are judging them!!

jtd

cbme: At it again, I see. So you are a big fan and think anyone against the cheating/lying couple are out of line. Well I suppose to morally corrupt people like you we are, but if the same thing happened to you I think you would be singing a very different tune. As Americans we have the right (just as you) to voice our opinions and it seems from what I've read you are vastly outnumbered in the fan department. I hope they do get married and he treats her as he treated Brandi LR deserves it. Also, I hope Brandi is successful in getting sole custody of her children and EC has to visit ONLY and never be able to subject his chidren to the company of his whores - and believe me there will be more. Obviously, you would like to be one. Yes, we will all be judged but I don't have to worry about being judged in the same way they will be judged. Perhaps you do?

michaela

@ cbme....here is another example! You addressed that to a specfic entity. Now that person reacts to what you said by changing their handle and taking a holier-than-thou stance in all matters. And accuses others of using aka's!!! Puhleez!!!!!!!!!!

michaela

What a sweet crowd!!! No wonder Eddie wanted out!!!

betty

micaela/cbme didn't you just do that? Eddie wanted out. Out of what? Brandi put him out, that's why Eddie is out. She got tired of his cheating,lying and denying. Do you know Eddie did he tell you he wanted out?This is the same rhetoric micaela/cbme/merc uses. Why are you Leann fans making the ex such an issue still if Leann thinks she got her man why does she act so insecure or care?

michaela

Eddie wanted out! Otherwise he would have quit Le Ann, told her he wanted to work it out with Brandi and stayed in marriage counseling. Brandi was and imo is still willing to take Eddie back. He wouldn't have filed for divorce - he could have made her do it, nor filed the suit declaring his intentions to Le Ann if he didn't want out.

betty

When did he whisper in your ear and tell you all this and what makes you think he didn't. Eddie still wanted to play and got caught after telling his wife he would be faithful as she stated in her divorce deposition.She asked him to file so he could pay the filing fees and she would accept the papers,.now that's the printed version. But this is old news ,what does it have to do with his latest rumored cheating escapade?.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments