'Let It Rock' Singer Lets It Suck

11/23/2009 6:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Kevin Rudolf -- the dude who isn't Lil Wayne in that "Let It Rock" song -- pissed off a lot of high school students last month when his $7,000 homecoming performance turned out to be two lip-synced songs and a fast exit.

Kevin rudolf lil wanye

The ASB director at Valencia High School in California tells TMZ Rudolf was paid the $7k to sing at their homecoming dance ... but instead of singing, we're told he just popped in a DVD and lip-synced his two most popular songs -- "Let It Rock" and "Welcome to the World."

The ASB director tells us when he confronted Rudolf on his Britney-esque performance, some guy in the singer's entourage said, "Forget this place. Let's get out of here." And then left.

Simone

First!!!!!!!!!!!!

bikiniwall.info

That's only $3,500 a song! A real deal nowadays!

Vote in our bikini contest!

BucsTim

Yeah I think I would be angry too. Check this out if you want a chance to win a $50.00 gift certificate: http://stores.homestead.com/TJWVideoltdcom/StoreFront.bok

Simone

This guy is a douche, for sure!!!!! He earned that money just to lip-synch two crap songs???? Poor kids!!!!! For sure, they became disappointed!!!!!!

Dark

LOL hmm now if he was DMX or someone like that you guys would be calling him all kinds of low life rappers and talking down to him cuz he was black. but since hes not its a deal and your fine with it... you people suck

Never was a fan of Maya

Hey Dark - Post #8

I'll call the guy 'all kinds of low life,' because he is.
Dude's a dirt bag for bailing on the gig.

Now, if he were to return the money, I'd feel differently. But you and I both know he won't be doing that.

Kevin

I can't believe this douche took $7k of MY SCHOOL'S money! We could have used it for educational purposes. The funny thing is, I was gonna go to this dance and film it so i could send a video to TMZ if he screwed up. Really. That would have been the only reason I went, because I hate Let it Rock, and Kevin Rudolf in general. But I didn't get hooked up with a free ticket so I didn't waste my money.

susieq

Second, Simone, second. Ha ha. Someone finally beat you out.

????

Who is this? Why would you pay this nobody to perform at your homecoming. School's partly for blame here for even hiring this nobody.

Sodapop

MAYBE HIS DVD PLAYER BROKE LMAOOOOOO HEY IT COULD HAPPEN REMMEBER THE BLACK DUO MILLI N VANILI OR WHAT EVER THEIR NAME WAS LOL REMEMBER THEY JETTED OUT OF THE GIG TOO HAHAHA

barry Gordy is genius

How did you find out what Kevin's finder fee was? I think TMZ is the mafia. You people know too much.

Carl

You'd hope someone at a place of learning would have been smart enough to specify a minimum number of songs or performance length in the contract. If they didn't then they only have themselves to blame.

F. Attorneys

"Forget this place. Let's get out of here."

Remember those words because people will be saying them at your garage sale when you're broke, Kev.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments