Why ABC Kissed Off Adam Lambert

12/10/2009 4:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

ABC says there is not even a trace of homophobia in the network's decision to 86 the Adam Lambert kiss from the Barbara Walters special last night.

The network says, "It was an editorial decision to show very little from the performance and focus on the fresh, new interview with Adam Lambert."

Interesting, because the "fresh new interview" was all about "the kiss."

ABC went on to explain its decision to show girl-on-girl by saying, "The Lady Gaga kiss was used quickly in context of things that upset her father."

So why not a quick peck from Lambert then?

The network goes on, "ABC never had a problem showing the kiss, In fact we did not edit it out of the west coast feed of the AMAs."

No, instead they banned Adam from "Good Morning America" the next day.

And finally, ABC says, "The network has a solid record of showing gay men and women in primetime which is why GLAAD has given ABC top honors for the positive portrayal of gays and lesbians for the past several years."

Translation: "Some of my best friends are gay."

Better Than You

Adam's album already off the Top 20, in only its second week.

The album sold all its copies to the 'Sparkle Cows', the obese 40 and 50 year old women, who can't get enough of him.

And nobody else cares to buy it.

For all the pre-release hype, about the Glam Rock revival, and Adam being the heir to Freddie Mercury and/or David Bowie, he instead makes an album that sounds like Z-grade Britney Spears cutting room floor rejects.

And then he receives simulated felatio on tv, and gives the audience the middle finger. (nevermind the 'kiss'.)

No amount of Barbara Walters spin can save his quickly sinking career.

Goodbye Adam Lambert. I wish I could say it was nice knowing you, but it wasn't.

Smooth Criminals

Barbara Walters on David Letterman about Adam Lambert.

Dave: I just didn't want him running around with his thing hanging out.

TMZ hits a new low

Diverting off the stories of Tiger's hookers and skanks, I think Adam is a great singer but that performance was shiz poor and the grinding of a face, any face, into a crotch, any crotch, was an immature wrong move. Bla bla bla, yeah ~ I am talking about it but guess what I am not doing? Buying Adam Lambert's CD. Mainly because it's all kinda tiring. I am over it. Borrrrrrrrred. Maybe when he grows up it will all work itself out and I can come back to hear him sing, not scream or vamp.

DNA

I don't care what his sexual orention is. He can sing pretty good when he's not screaming. I don't care who he makes out with just as long as his partner is willing. Barbara has been annoying forever. Got to go the spelling nazi is here.

barb

Goodbye and good riddance Adam Lambert.

Jane

TMZ, you guys are so gullible. The kiss was not the problem, it was the simulation of oral sex and acting like he pulling something about out of a woman's vagina, all in the name of an unfair double standard. Adam Lambert is trying to be another Madonna, trying to shock everyone to get himself as famous as possible. She did the same thing when she first started her career. He has learned from a master. He is going to talk up the gay thing for all it's worth and then move on to something else to get attention and TMZ will fall for it.

He was on The View today (what a surprise since B. Walters is getting her mileage out him and I bet he is sure smug about that) and denied the act was planned, it was all on the spur of the moment. Joy B. snickered and he snickered right along with her.

This is all about record sales and taking advantage of the fact he was going to perform on an award show with millions watching. He didn't want to be just another act, and he succeeded.

K

I'm sick of this stupid topic just like everyone else is, but the only reason we're talking about it is because of ABC's actions-- not Lambert's. I also don't like the guy very much; whenever I watched him on AI (and I avoided it), I thought my ears would bleed. Nonetheless, ABC should not discriminate against gays-- and that includes showing a girl-on-girl kiss but refusing to show a man-on-man kiss.

Whatever ridiculous PR-catch up game ABC playing is only going to hurt them in the end, they need to let go of this issue and either stop showing kisses at all (which works for me!) or show every kiss. It's not right to say one type of kiss is wrong and another isn't, and ABC needs to get its butt in gear if they want some positive publicity anytime soon.

Houston

I'm just wondering if Lady Gaga's or Madonna's "gay" kisses had been in the exact same context---including the prior face/crotch thing---as that of Adam Lambert's, would they too have been censored.

TheMan

I think TMZ is more concentrated on the kiss than the public!
why not just start a Gay TMZ page?

Your name:

Unless you're gay, nobody wants to see this twink running around on stage kissing other men and having simulated oral sex performed on him.

Thats the truth!

Larry Fuller

I am so freaking sick of Adumb's rationalizing his actions at the AMAs!!! My question is this: Why don't people get on him about his disrespectful middle finger at the camera when he finished his so-called "act"? I am an out gay man but I do know how to show people respect which is something Adumb (the I'm not a babysitter) has none of. Go away Adumb go away!!!! You have more than used your 15 minutes! Kris Allen is a real gentleman and a true American Idol!!!!

Pickle

I'm bisexual and I don't want to see him doing this. He looks half decent in some of the stills, but when I see him live or on sites like this, he looks like something you'd pull out of your belly button.

really??

clearly this is an agenda of TMZ!! Dont shove your gay opinions down the public's throats!!

blstheone

GROSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Tina

Who wants to see this crap? I sure as heck don't. And seriously.. the tone of this entire article tells all of us you are totally into this nasty stuff. He's is a flipping freak. I could care less about gay people but I sure as hell don't want to watch them.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments