« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Elin Nordegren -- From Tiger to Puma?

12/16/2009 1:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

While Tiger Woods is losing sponsors left and right, TMZ has learned his wife, Elin Nordegren, is "very close" to signing a deal of her own ... and the company happens to be Nike's archenemy -- Puma.

0921-media-removed-michael-jackson

An official from Puma -- the athletic wear company -- has confirmed they are in "internal discussions" to sign Elin as a spokesperson for a new Swedish-inspired clothing line called Tretorn.

The rep tells us Puma is after Elin because they feel she's "a good brand fit."

We could not reach Elin for comment.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Ozzyfester

Since when is Tretorn a new brand?

Bobo Frog

Puma sucks, always has. And this proves it even more. Any company that tries to cash in on gossip like this is completely worthless.

Nessie

WHY ARE YOU ALLOWING TRASHY COMMENTS ON ALL THE THREADS???

DON'T YOU EDIT OUT BAD LANGUAGE AND SMUT????

PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Pat

You idiots TMZ! I had a pair of Tretorns in High School....in the 80's....not new guys, do your research. Go for it Elin! Tiger sucks.

Mary Ann

Is Tiger in rehab? Everyone is wondering where he is.......maybe he's rehab for sexual addiction and prescription drug addiction. ?????????????????????

go away

Lol... Tigers, Cheetahs, Pumas, now we need a Cougar to say she is Tiger's cub's momma.

Yolanda Nixon

Theresa Rogers is the 14th woman now and she is 48. Has been carrying on with Tig for five years. I wonder why TMZ hasn't pounced on this. I read about her on MSNBC.

Fred

This is the ULTIMATE in proving the hypocrisy on these boards. All of the folks who feel Tiger should lose his endorsements for misbehavior are cheering this move which is obviously a cheap attempt by Puma (a cheap thrift store brand, by the way), to capitalize on the tragedy that ruined her marriage. That's like Cadillac asking her to be their spokesperson because Tiger crashed in an Escalade. I love all the soap-box standing morality nitwits cheering this on. Just remember, the more bad you wish on someone else, the more karma lines up for you. Tiger was wrong and I'll let karma deal him whatever hand it deems fit. Seems to me, karma is doing a pretty good job already. I won't mess up my own karma by wishing bad on another. I hope, in the end, what's best for the entire family ultimately occurs.

go away

to # 60, Pumas are very hip in Europe and Canada, maybe this will bring them to mainstream America. Move over Nike!

I BE DARNELL

SHE, IS THE ONLY STRAIGHT/UP PLAYER IN THIS FILTHY, SHAM.THE HUCKSTERS WITH THE ONE TRICK PONY, THAT HAS CARRIED THEIR HAND CRAFTED, RUSE, IS GOING LAME. PEOPLE ARE NOT AS STUPID AS THEY THINK, AND KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG.WHAT STILL AMAZES,ME IS WHY WOULD THEY GAMBLE WITH THEIR REPUTATION, BUT ,I THINK I GET IT$$$$$$$$$$$$

oh yeah

i am so happy people have reoponded thank you. i kind of admire elin for marrying tiger it tkes guts to do somthing like tht. as for me i'd rather work at a burger joint for the rest of my life. i'm just saying that there are consequences.

she probably didn't love hm enough to please him in bed. i've seen it.
oh and i don't care about spelling and sentence structure i'm not applyin for a job.

reese

I love it, I will ditch nike forever!!!!!! Its the principle of the mtr, the public supports losers all the time, its time to stand up for someone who actually has values not just pretends to, I could care less about people who say she married him for money, women marry for love and security, good women and I don't fault her for that.. I respect the way she has handled this and hope her graciousness continues

Fred

You need to be more concerned about mastering the English language by using puncuations and proper sentence structures. I highly predict all of your relationship advice falling on deaf ears to anyone with half a brain occupying their skull.
*********************************************************

It's an Internet message board, not a graduate school English class. Considering some of the grammar in the racist posts that frequent these boards, there is obviously just as big of an education gap in the white community as well.

me

I really admire this young woman. She has alot of class.

Considering that she is far away from her homeland and family,
In the public eye, and now unfortunately stalked by the papps.

I hope that her support system stays strong with her, as this saga continues to unfold and unfortunately the paparazzi can really put enormous pressure on her with their rude remarks and questions.

She seems to be a very private person, good mother, loving spouse.

I hope that she will have some peace in her life somewhere.
Wealth is nice, but it does not mean she is not going through inner turmoil, and conflict within herself.

I hope the best for her, and her kids.

KCV

FYI, TMZ...there's nothing new about "Tretorn". They were really popular (in New Orleans) back in the 80's for the preppy crowd and are similiar to Nike. I loved my all white ones with the pink plaid "swoosh".