« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Chris Henry Dies

12/17/2009 11:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

NFL star Chris Henry has died as a result of the injuries he sustained after falling out of the back of a moving pickup truck yesterday.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police tell TMZ Henry died at 6:36 AM EST this morning.

He was 26.

As we previously reported, cops believe Henry -- a wide receiver on the Cincinnati Bengals -- jumped into the back of the truck, in an attempt to stop his fiancee from leaving a "domestic situation" at her parents' home in North Carolina.

Henry was rushed to a local hospital -- where he passed away this morning.

Authorities tell us they're still investigating the situation.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Simone

Shocking, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

cjs

I'm sorry for my previous flip comments about the team. A moment, an instant of impulse and a man dies. So young, so very sad for his family.

yellowtiger

Wait a minute. I just read and heard on the radio that he was still alive.

CriticAl

R.I.P. My condolences to his family.

cedramyers

SAD. GIRLFRIEND NEEDS TO BE CHARGED. ALSO TIGER'S WIFE NEED TO BE CHARGED WITH DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. TIGER WAS WRONG FOR WHAT HE DID, BUT STILL WIFE NEEDS TO BE CHARGED.

courtney

So sorry to hear that..Nothing funny about anyone passing away.RIP.Prayer for his family.

Heather

Wow. So sad. So young. Another tough loss for the Bengals organization.

jus'sayin

Shocking, RIP Chris.....

janalal4

I didn't know anything about this guy except what I read yesterday after he was injured but it sounds like he was possibly turning his life around & I am very sad to hear of this. So young. Wonder how this will play out for his fiance legally? Thoughts & prayers with the family & may he RIP.

Kelly

R.I.P Very sad, its moments like these that you look back and think about all the fights you get in with your bf/gf whatever and realize that something that probably started out so small ended in tragedy. so young, had a great family. I feel for the fiance, she must be regretting everything. That would be tough to live with, poor girl.

Lee

oh man, this is sad. Two families changed forever and a young girl that in a moment of hysteria will never forget when she made a bad decision. Reports and the investigation isn't in yet, but she is going to need some support. I hope the families can bond together in this tragic affair.

yaya

WHY ARE THERE CONFLICTING REPORTS?! SOME SAY HE'S DEAD OTHERS SAY HE'S STILL FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE.

two cents

Smooth move genius. One split second decision can affect people for a lifetime.

scsw

TMZ must have some insider information, or they're jumping the gun a bit here. ALL of the other media outlets still have Henry being on Life-Support...ESPN, CNNSI, etc. Hopefully we get verification before declaring someone deceased...

Nicole

My thoughts go out to his family. Being from Belle Chasse we are family regardless where you are living. RIP to our hometown hero.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments