« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Bengals X-Mas Party Converted into Memorial

12/18/2009 1:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Last night was supposed to be the Cincinnati Bengals team Christmas party -- instead, it turned into an event honoring Chris Henry, the fallen teammate who died earlier in the day.

Chris Henry

A spokesman for the team told TMZ that instead of canceling the holiday party entirely, "We decided to keep it -- shifting the focus a bit to make it also an event where the Bengals family could gather in the wake of the tragedy."

The rep also told us team owner Mike Brown gave a speech honoring Henry's memory and led a moment of silence in his honor.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

j

RIP Chris.

Pat

Should I take Chris Henry off my fantasy league roster?

Matt

He should not have been on your roster anyway. He was on injured reserve at the time of the accident.

dr cyclops

OKAy THIS STORY IS AS DEAD AS HE IS,,HE WAS A NOBODY PLAYER WHO NOBODY EVEN KNEW TILL HE WENT WACKO AND JUMPED OFF A TRUCK AFTER TRYING TO KILL HIS G/FRIEND..SO LETS LET THIS BORING STORY HAVE AN END ///NUFF SAID

AZ

Prayers to his family and friends.

dr cyclops

is he chris henry of the o henry bar fortune ..he he ooops my bad

dr cyclops

by the amount of comments this story is dead heh heh..boring

going going gone

me

My thoughts, prayers and condolences to his family, loved ones and friends. RIP Chris Henry.

Lilith Work

I am sorry that Chris Henry died, but this is a case of violence against a woman. It is the woman I am worried about. Loleini please don't blame yourself for his death. He brought it on himself. Give yourself some grief time, but go on with your life. I am so surprised that because this man was an athlete all the posts are about him and no one cares what his partner is going through.
Shades of Tiger Woods - what about his wife and his children?

shirliana

MY SYMPATHY TO THE FAMILY MEMBERS...

trinity

@ Posted at 5:20PM on Dec 18th 2009 by Lilith Work

Do you have some sort of special powers where you know what happened at events without being there? If so, I bet you could cash in on that.

You have no clue whether it was violence against a woman or not. There are no published reports that there was any type of visible injury to her.

For all you know, when he realized that she was not going to stop the truck, he was beating on the window in an attempt to get her to stop, because he could not hold on safely due to his cast.

Did you read this woman's myspace page where she yammers in gansta talk? Yeah, these are some deep thoughts from a grown, mature woman with 3 children.

Merely reading that garbage makes me want to smack her, but that is an aside. There is not a shred of evidence that violence was part of the equation, so until you know for sure that "he brought it on himself" why don't you STFU?

KGY

Some of you people are just fools. A man lost his life and you make jokes out of the situation. When it happens to someone you know, i hope to god people are as crude as you are. Quit being haters because the man had talent. He had problems but i dont know anyone who doesn't have some problems. I feel bad for the kids, his family and all who loved him. RIP Chris Henry

dr. j

why isn't tonga girl being prosecuted? isn't she responsible?

riphenry15

@ Lilith Work...I have know Loleni for many years....gutter trash. Been violent for a long time. No sympathy for her, she drove 6 tenths of a mile "pretty fast" with a man in the back on a curvey road that had a broken arm. I hope guilt eats her alive. My prayers are for the innocent children that she took there father away from. She is nothing but a gold digger that wants money. She was with Hicks before Henry and when Hicks didn't make the NBA draft she dropped him like a hot potatoe and ran to Henry. Now she has killed him. Who is next? Look out guys...hood rat on the hunt!!!!!

Rick

Breaking News... Far better people than Chris Henry also died on Thursday. However, they will not be covered by the news and the NFL will have no statement regarding their deaths.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments