Shane Sparks Out of Jail, Claims Extortion

12/20/2009 1:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Shane Sparks Out of Jail, Claims ExtortionShane Sparks posted bail last night and now that he's out of jail, his lawyer says he is ready to fight what he calls "extortion, Hollywood style."

Sparks, a judge on the MTV show "America's Best Dance Crew," was arrested on Friday and charged with eight counts of child molestation. But his attorney, Steve Meister, tells TMZ the whole thing "stinks to high heaven" since Sparks' accuser waited 15 years (until Sparks became famous) before she came forward.

Meister says the charges "are completely without merit" and that Sparks "knows he is innocent and will fight to clear his name."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

matt

women will do anything for money. for a little money or fame, this lady would have him thrown in jail and everything terrible that would come from it.

Whop der it is

Another wanker

that.is.all

I believe Shane.

Trina

Yeah that story does seem fishy. Why would you wait 15 years to file a claim like that. I know if that happened to me, that is something I would tell right away. 15 year? that's over a decade. I think it's all about money as well. People do anything for that geen. It's a shame that money rules everything and all. I hope Shane can clear his name. No we don't know his personal life only what we see in public but sometimes people do a lot of things to extort a person for whatever reason.

Get Serious! dh

Everyone has jumped on Tiger and Kobe...why would this case be any different? In fact, it's worse.

micah

I believe Shane... Gold digging crazy women. This is like the MJ tihng.. LIES, LIES, and more LIES.

ADVOCATE FOR VICTIMS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

You don't know if you would tell right away until something like this happens to you. I was molested as a child, and it took me TWENTY years to tell someone. TWENTY YEARS!!! I don't know if I ever would have told if my molester was famous. I would have been terrified. If she is telling the truth, I commen her!!! Don't be too quick to judge either side. Victims are innocent until proven guilty too, you know!!!

ADVOCATE FOR VICTIMS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

*commend her - stupid typos. lol

Canadian bred

sooner or later your past catches up to you, but I do believe Shane, it was over 15 years ago, he's was probably a teenager at the time..and we all know when your that young you do stupid regretful things..I know i have. I think it was all consensual, I don't think he forced these girl to do anything they did'nt want to do...dont try to ruin another man's success, for the reason you were'nt as successful. Why wait 15 years?? and make suck harmful allegations..If it is an extortion scheme, then these girls must be held accountable!!...scandalous

bree

everyones thinkin twice about this after mj..

Zacky

Yup too late, even though is fishy,

where is all the media, you know all those who were covering,
MJ molestation case, day in and day out.

MySherri

Shane Sparks is 40 now, so that would have made him approximately 25 when this all went down. They say the "victim" (and I use that term loosely) was 12 at the time... which would now make her... *coughs* a gold-digger... I mean, 27 years old. Why now??? Is it because of the fame and the money she thinks he has??? I must admit, I believe he had sex with her---the story is pretty legit---and regardless, it's wrong for any 25 year old man to be having sex with a 12 year old. However, we all know about some of these out of control, hot in the pants, Maury Show idol-type little girls that go around lying about their ages and messing around with older men! She played a part in it too!!! I hope they drag her name thru the mud... and as for Shane, good luck buddy! I'm definitely not condoning your alleged actions. If you did sleep with her and she wasn't of age, that's just wrong... and you should just own up to it and accept the consequences. But we know the deal, and it's also just as wrong for her to be trying to OUT you 15 years later, knowing she was probably just as game for it back in the day... all in the name of that ole' mighty dollar!!! SMH...

Get Serious! dh

#9 Believes Sparks was a teenager - NOT.

Sparks is at least 40 years old today so that would have made him at least 25 years old then and having sex with a 12-14 year old child. It is HIS responsibility to ensure he is having sex with an adult, and not the child's fault. I think many of his supporters will eat their words after the rest of his "victims" come forward. Once a pedophile always a pedophile. There is no excuse, 15 years later or not! People need to exercise some integrity and stop being swayed by status.

sandwichas

Since she hasn't spoken to the media or even given her full name, how could she be doing it for money or fame? If she wanted fame wouldn't she have gone to the media already?

scissors

He's clearly a child molestor. He's probably friends with that other child molestor R. Kelly.

Yes you two, there is something wrong with a little bump and grind if she's too little.

Child molestors.