« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MLB Pitcher Sues His Catcher

12/24/2009 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Former Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Chan Ho Park is suing the man who caught his balls -- claiming his former catcher stiffed him on a $460,000 loan.

Park -- who's currently playing for the Philadelphia Phillies -- claims he loaned the cash to former Dodgers catcher Chad Kreuter back in 2005.

In the lawsuit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Park says he made the loan because Kreuter "had been a highly compensated Major League Baseball player" and he assured Park that he "would have no difficulty paying [Park] back."

According to the suit, Kreuter signed a promissory note for the debt, but only made one payment for $290,000.

Now Park wants the remaining $170,000 plus interest and fees for the loan -- totaling $226,358.76.

That's hardball.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

WTF

Never loan money, that's what a bank is for. If they need money in the first place...how are they going to pay you back?

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

Maybe he wants to file a claim against MJ estate 2?

Chrissy Coluccio

HOW DARE YOU DISS THE PEOPLE EVAN!!!!! haha

lg2hob

They just released a TIGER WOODS VIDEO on You Tube. Just search TIGER WOODS ODIS . Look for the screen shot of him shaving and you have the right video. Shocking.

CeeJayRox

I saw Chan Ho Park years ago when he was first with the Padres. I showed up early to a game he was starting in. I stood politely by to get an autograph. Mr. Park was too occupied to give anyone an autograph that day.

Actually I think it's Chan Ho's lawyer who just wants a cut of the commiss. on this lawsuit.

Times must be rough even for lawyers this year.

Kenneth

Hey you.....MC.

dani

I come here for my daily Cheetah news and this is all the sports news you have?!? Damn it! I want my daily Cheetah updates!

Cheetah must be so happy, the news is quieting down.

Don't let that CHEETAH GET AWAY WITH THIS! Dig up something. You are giving him what he wants....diverted attention and YOU, TMZ, of all people are going to let him get away with this?

More Tiger news TMZ!

The only way I want to hear about a pitcher and a catcher is if Elin is using a golf club like a bat and Tiger catches it upside the head. Better yet, the BALLS!

Anthony

isn't that how the law works, or was it just changed for 8 years

Anthony

the little courts follow the big ring

Frau Detmolders

Never trust a Caucasian.

Anthony

not that I wana know anything about or the "BIG RING"RICK

Anthony

your right about the messed up golf somethin I can't drive or ride

Jerry Martin

Why was he stupid enough to loan money to a backup catcher? He deserves to lose it.

R-CO

Park

Re: 33. THe chinese guy dont speek good enlgish and probs thought balls was bills!! LOLLLOOOWLLOL

Posted at 5:53PM on Dec 24th 2009 by R-CO
------------------------------------------------
Chan-Ho Park is Korean and he speaks better English than you.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments