MJ Creditors Claims

Tens of Millions of $$$

1/3/2010 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonMichael Jackson's estate may be making serious money, but they are also dealing with claims upwards of $20 million, sources tell TMZ.

We're told the best guess is that when the door finally shuts on people who claim Michael Jackson owed them money, the grand total will exceed $20 mil. That includes a $5 million claim from a memorabilia collector, a $1 million claim from someone who wants a cut of the "Thriller" music video, a $2.3 million claim from Dr. Tohme Tohme and a $1.5 million claim from a law firm (there are a number of other law firms that want a piece of the estate).

That does not mean -- by any stretch -- the estate will pay all the claims. We're told some of them are patently bogus and lawyers for the estate will not pay, unless a judge orders them to ante up.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

King of TMZ

YAY I LOVE YOU TMZ!!!! :D
FIRST 2010 MJ NEWS

The Truth

janalal4

Huh, I would have actually thought it would have been more than 20 million. Not so bad. Considering this estate will remain VERY profitable for many years to come. I don't think those kids have a thing to worry about. I'm glad.

Chico

Posted at 12:40AM on Jan 3rd 2010 by Missy

*******************************************************

Missy M?

so wrong

6. I suspect it will be bigger than that TMZ. MJ owed a lot and refused to pay people. Plus the lawyers who are defending the MJ estate...it's going to cost millions to defend from all these lawsuits as well. Harvey you know this. I suspect the MJ estate owes something more like 50 to 100 million and at the end there won't be much left.

Posted at 12:40AM on Jan 3rd 2010 by Missy

No, I've read the creditors and claimants listed against MJ's estae. There are very few creditors for an Estate this size...MJ is worth millions (probably billions) and has made nearly $200M since he passed. You're an iddiot! Read the Case Summary file, it's on line! And TMZ already says many are BOGUS. This is nothing new for an estate this size.

Paparazzo@frog.cc

It's like when MJ was alive -- sue, sue, sue.

so wrong

2010 by janalal4

ah, you're pmiller...an internal! i always wondering how and why you all come on at the same time. what happened to 'deb' who did she morph into?

crackin up!

Who Cares reads a wonder

Hey Chico try some LSD in a drink it's good for ya.Not on that ISLAND off MEXICO baby DEADLY NIGHTSHADE

OhWell

Ahhh....Its That Creepy Wacko Face Again Run, Hide The Childern.

so wrong

$20Million, that's it. and yes i would imagine many are bogus. nothing will be paid out...because they're having a hearing to see if Will is even valid.

funny how TMZ just pulls this up at 10:00pm PST on a Saturday - holiday weekend...what, did they just have a conversation with one of the estate attorneys.. crackin' up.

OhWell

Damn He Was One Ugly Man

so wrong

13. Ahhh....Its That Creepy Wacko Face Again Run, Hide The Childern.

Posted at 12:50AM on Jan 3rd 2010 by OhWell

this person too, always first on every story. well, you too are an internal TMZ troller, a dumb one at that who can't spell. Shame on you, you should be kissing the ground MJ walks on because if it wasn't for thes MJ Stories, you'd have nothing to talk or write about. MJ stories give you people more attention and hits than any other celebrity!

You TMZ people suck. I wonder if MJ and his family know how you talk about him. He's frickin' paying your bills too. MORONS!

causeiamok

That's chump change to Mr Jackson. Just all part of the bigger show. Settle debt to get on to bigger and better things. Isn't that right TMZ?

so wrong

15. Damn He Was One Ugly Man

Posted at 12:52AM on Jan 3rd 2010 by OhWell

Oh, did you just get in. go take a break. go get an in-out burger...we can see you, ya know!

Cat...mouse
Rat..mouse
chicken...egg
cat...tongue...

he, he, he....some people have relatives who work at TMZ and know what's going on, would you like me to explain....?????

Della

Why would TMZ put a story up in the middle of the night? On a Saturday night no less? I mean the only people who are up really are those on the West Coast. I just happen to be up because my husband and I watched a movie and I am researching an old board.

Why not put the board up when there is more traffic during the day?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments