MJ Creditors Claims

Tens of Millions of $$$

1/3/2010 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonMichael Jackson's estate may be making serious money, but they are also dealing with claims upwards of $20 million, sources tell TMZ.

We're told the best guess is that when the door finally shuts on people who claim Michael Jackson owed them money, the grand total will exceed $20 mil. That includes a $5 million claim from a memorabilia collector, a $1 million claim from someone who wants a cut of the "Thriller" music video, a $2.3 million claim from Dr. Tohme Tohme and a $1.5 million claim from a law firm (there are a number of other law firms that want a piece of the estate).

That does not mean -- by any stretch -- the estate will pay all the claims. We're told some of them are patently bogus and lawyers for the estate will not pay, unless a judge orders them to ante up.

cochino

why not just cut all the BS

all unproven claims will be fined by the court and lawyers behind these claims sanctioned and letters to the state bar requesting they be disbarred. That will slow all this greedy crap down.

hope

who has seen a dead body of michael jackson ?

Debbie

Does anyone know how the Judge and Attorneys decide who has a valid claim and who doesnt?

juschillen

And they thought the American Idol audition line was long....

Andy

Michael Jackson dying was his last attempt at a comeback... who's still talking about him? his brother$. Guilty or not, he jumped the shark a long time ago - see Britney Spears. See Whitney Houston. Where the f were all these supporters only one year ago?

I see nothing but financial ruin for the MJ estate.

anna

Lots of lawsuits have come up since mj's death but i really don't think their is a whole lot to worry about. I'm just a fan and i can tell by reading some of them they are bogus. Why do you think mj left real professionals on his will. He knew his kids would be taken care of and i really do believe these guys will do a good job. Lawyers are very smart and know the questions to ask and how to find fraud. Again, it's just so sad that people are still taking advantage of him and won't just leave him alone.

Debbie

I hope Michael's children are in good hands.

www.laduidefenseteam.com

I guess we shouldn't have expected any less, but it really does make me sad to hear that.

WillOTheWisp

They should know better than to pay out a claim that can't be supported! I would think MJ's appointed lawyers are smarter than that! There are a lot of bogus claims and more coming in, so the estate lawyers have better be on their P's and Q's. And that fake ass Dr. Tohme Tohme shouldn't get anything but a scolding!

murray

STOP MTV FROM TAKING THE KING OF POP TITLE FROM MICHAEL JACKSON!!!
please sign the petition:

MICHAEL JACKSON KING OF POP!!!

Andy

Madonna was always the King of Pop. She's managed to stay on top throughout her entire career and stay relevant. Before his death, what had he contributed to world of pop music in the last 10 years?

Daphne Lorincz

Posted at 1:58AM on Jan 3rd 2010 by cochino

I like this. Yeah! Go protest & make some changes.

Daphne Lorincz

And that fake ass Dr. Tohme Tohme shouldn't get anything but a scolding!

Posted at 2:40AM on Jan 3rd 2010 by WillOTheWisp

What exactly does he do for a living. Like, what was his role in MJ's circle. Is he really a doctor, or he is someone like Colonel Tom Parker of the Presley fame, who was not a colonel.

WillOTheWisp

Posted at 2:54AM on Jan 3rd 2010 by Daphne Lorincz

Check this out!!

Poor Michael, he was so scared of Tohme Tohme!

Cher

Money for Nothing...
Money makes the world go 'round? It also makes Michael's Estate claims go round as the reoccur over and over. Just wonder how many of these claimants would be coming out of the woodwork if his Estate was like Heath Ledger's or Anna Nicole Smith's.
Anyhoo, I figured I'd jump into this one early despite the "foul stench in the air":
1. I agree that as was already stated, this is common for an Estate this size. Of course, not all of the claims will be paid, many of them have 'bogus' written all over them--e.g. the guy who claims he's owed money because Michael canceled the auction with Julien's. He claims he got a confirmation on his bids from Julien's which made him feel inconvenienced when it didn't come to pass. If he has a beef with anyone it may be Julien's, but he has no valid claim against Michael.
I also doubt Klein will get all of the money he's asking for due to the sheer craziness of his claim. Who's going to believe he actually gave Michael that many injections in such a short period of time? And he's Prime Suspect no. 2, right behind Murray and in front of Tohme in my opinion.
As for Tohme x 2, the only claim they should be awarding him is a prison cell in San Quentin. I sincerely hope they are fully investigating his business practices and involvement in Michael's death. All they have to do is follow the money to nail him. Start with the fact that there was a huge amount of cash (15,000??)missing from Michael's home and he mysteriously reappears with it claiming he was holding onto it for Michael. However, he only showed up with the cash AFTER LaToya blew the whistle and stated there was money missing from the house.
2. Regarding comments on Michael not paying his bills, my question is: Do you pay all of yours--on time? Again, I want to reiterate that when dealing with the level of money Michael had to work with, you don't normally pay the bills yourself, there's someone who's been hired to do it for you. Problem is, Michael had so many different Mgrs, accountants and PA's coming and going that I don't think the right hand knew what the left hand was doing-especially during and after the 2005 trial. hence, bills were left unpaid. According to reports, Evvy Tavasci, his PA beginning in late 80's was paying the bills but she was fired prior to the 2005 trial (not sure if Michael or perhaps Randy fired her.) According to my calculations (using the "Thriller claim as point of reference,) that is about the time when the bills were no longer being paid. Furthermore, since none of us were on the scene to see how finances were handled, none of us has the right to cast the first stone.
3. #25--Murray due back in court for what? Deadbeat dad? I'd rather see him in court for Michael's murder. Just let him Simmer...
4. #27--I wholeheartedly agree--Michael is gorgeous no matter what!
5. #26: Tohme and 2.3 mil--I think he's claiming he's owed this because of the deals he put together for Michael with the 02 Tour/AEG, Sony, Thriller 25th Anniversary CD and Colony Capital. I remember Raymone K. Bain speaking of this in an article where she stated he wasn't a player in these deals because he wasn't even there, she was.
-BTW: From what I've read online, Tohme introduced Michael to Colony Capital and is supposedly one of it's partners.
As for J-4 and their dreams of Neverland, I think it is pure speculation on their part. Unless they have the money to make it happen themselves, they have no way of knowing if other movers and shakers will renovate and reopen it. I know it's ballsy of me to say that, but the fact is I just don't think J4 is privy to any details in regards to Michael's Estate--they only want it to appear that way. You know the old smoke and mirrors routine. I noticed when they were asked that question on several occasions, they paused and smirked uncomfortably as they slowly launched into the most convoluted answers possible. I think their best bet is to get behind the project to construct a Jackson Museum/golf/amusement complex in Gary, IN...it's the closest to Neverland I think they're gonna get at this point.
That's all for me. Got to get some rest as I'm still riding the wave of L.O.V.E. from all of the Michael celebrations this weekend!
Peace