Simon Cowell Courts Paula Abdul

1/11/2010 6:19 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula AbdulPaula Abdul has had discussions with Simon Cowell about being a judge on the U.S. version of "The X Factor"... sources tell TMZ.

The irony is stunning -- Simon, the lynchpin of "American Idol," abandoning ship and teaming up with the woman who was unceremoniously dumped from "A.I."

Our sources would not say how far along the discussions have gone between Simon and Paula ... but there were talks as recently as late last week.

paula abdul pics

Holly

Go back now and look at the footage of Paula shortly after leaving American Idol.

I could tell even then that she had something up her sleeve. I was just waiting to see what it was. WOW!

I never thought the British show would air here. Shocker for me.

I think it will do very well. The chemistry between those two makes you want to watch. I don't think they are "banging" as it was so eloquenly put earlier because once that happens it changes the on screen chemistry to blah. Remember Benifer and Gigli?

Well, I wish them both good luck!

xcalibur

PAULA BETTA TAKE THE OFFER!!! SHE HAS NOTHING ELSE GOIN ON. LAST CHANCE FOR HER TO MAKE BUCKS. OTHERWISE SHE'S DONE IN SHOW BIZNESS.

Lucille

That's great because I won't be watching American Idol this year because they wouldn't pay Paula, while all the men around her are getting staggering amounts of money. Paula has a heart as well as knowledge of the music industry, while Ellen doesn't; so how can her comments to the contestants be constructive? "You were good", "you were bad", anyone can say that and not be paid millions for it.

kate

More likely this was the plan all along. Idol wouldn't give Paula a 1 year contract so she and Simon could leave the show together, so she left a year early and will join Simon on the Xfactor. Not sure how TMZ didn't figure that out months ago, I did.

Patty

We're suppose to really care? Things are always evolving!

Bu

Paula and Simon together is a winning combination!

femonanon

This was planned all along. Simon pulls all the strings and damn well knows that the "thing" they have going on between them on the air draws an audience. This ugly, arrogant puke didn't get where he is by being stupid.

buh-bye weiner party!

She should agree to whatever he offers her, because this is the best chance to save face that she is going to get. Also, Simon, please do NOT bring Ryan Seacrest onto this show or any other. His whole career is based on riding your coattails into fame. It will be a treat to see you without Seacrest's dead weight junking up the show.

Alyx

So the whole thing was well planned from the beginning. Simon was leaving and to avoid taking Randy, he get Paula to leave first and then he leaves and takes her up on his new show. Makes great sense to me. A.I. is a sunken ship. How funny!!!!!!

Chrissy

If people are worried about Ryan going to the new show, forget it! Ryan renewed his contract. He will be with Idol for another 2 seasons. Like many knew from when Paula didn't resign. All was speculation saying it was about wanting more money. It wasn't! Simon had this planned from the beginning. The man knows his business and is very smart and shrewd. Poor Randy, left in the dark. Wat Up Dawg?!

DrTruth

Does Simon Coward have a crush on Paula or is he still in the closet?
And how come the Brit counterpart show features ugly Joes and Janes while the US versions are partial to FODs? Will a US X Factor be too?

Penis Hilton

Simon is not courting Paula. Coward is still in the closet. LOL!

Anthony

don't start doing things wrong.

Darlene

Dont know why he would want that *has been* Paula on his show!!

lieza

I love to see Paula and Simon together again.....:)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments