A&E to Jackson Bros -- The Offer's on the Table

1/17/2010 1:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jermaine, Jackie, Marlon, and Tito may be as tired of their A&E show as everybody else in America -- we're told the network has already offered them a second season ... but so far, the bros. haven't bitten.

Jackson Family

TMZ spoke with a rep for A&E, who confirmed the offer and told us the network would gladly have MJ's male siblings back for another round of "The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty" -- which airs its last episode this Sunday.

But there's one problem: we're told the brothers haven't responded to the offer yet.

It's unclear why the brothers wouldn't jump at the chance for a paycheck ... but then again, it's the Jacksons ... so nothing is ever as it seems.

MiMi

Not that I want to talk about the molestation accusations from 1993 (coz I don't) but I was suprised recently to learn that Lisa Marie Presley had advised him to "settle the allegations out of court".

"Twenty days after her divorce from Keough, Presley married singer Michael Jackson on May 26, 1994, in the Dominican Republic.[10] They had first met when the seven-year-old Presley attended several of his shows in Las Vegas.[5] According to Yahoo.com, when they met again years later, "things moved very quickly", with Jackson proposing over the telephone after four months.[5] They stayed in contact every day over the telephone. As child molestation accusations became public, Jackson became dependent on Lisa Marie for emotional support; she was concerned about his faltering health and his addiction to drugs.[11] Lisa Marie explained, "I believed he didn't do anything wrong, and that he was wrongly accused and, yes, I started falling for him. I wanted to save him. I felt that I could do it."[12] Shortly afterwards, she tried to persuade Jackson to settle the allegations out of court and go into rehabilitation to recover. He subsequently did both.[11] Recently, Presley issued a statement on her MySpace blog regarding Jackson's death on June 25, 2009, stating that she was "gutted", and that she felt she had "failed" to help save him from "the inevitable".[13]

Truth Unblinded

Random Angel

Point well taken, Cathy.

I just think if he really was, that he would have acted on it well before the time of the first accusations.

I have always maintained that, with all my heart, I believe he was innocent. But I have always been objective, because I wanted to come to the "right" decision, and not just the decision that I wanted to believe. Something I had wondered also at one point: If his eccentricities were not so well known, and his appearance hadn't changed so drastically, and say, he still had the appearance from the "Thriller" era, do you think that he would have still been accused? Do you think people would have so readily believed it?

Random Angel

626. Well howdy there lil' ladies! Jus wanted tuh give muh 2 cents in on this here fella Mike Jackson. Aint too sure all his chickuns were in the hen house if ya get whut I mean. YEEEEHAW!!

Posted at 9:29PM on Jan 18th 2010 by Some Southern Guy Who Is NOT Ric

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/17/jackson-brothers-television-reality-show/42#c24790288#ixzz0d1P7lJAE

You're getting closer now....almost there!

Cathy

LOL!! Hey some southern guy who's not ric -- I was just going to post that I personally feel Michael suffered from a mental instability for many years. I think all genuises (and I believe Michael was a musical genius) are mentally unstable in varying degrees.

Is this what you meant too? Sorry, I'm a Yankee! ;)

Random Angel

Is this what you meant too? Sorry, I'm a Yankee! ;)

Posted at 9:33PM on Jan 18th 2010 by Cathy

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/17/jackson-brothers-television-reality-show/42#comments#ixzz0d1PxscBA

Hey, I was born a Yankee (Northeast/Tri-State)and transplanted out here to CA!

Cathy

RA -- so respect your desire to come to the right conclusion, and not just the one you want to believe in your heart. I want the same thing for myself. It is sometimes frustrating.

I would say that Michael brought much of this trouble on himself, not only by doing things that were so blatantly against societal rules, but even moreso by flaunting these things in the public eye time and time again. I think he created the crazy image on purpose, and then I think it backfired on him in later years.

I don't know if it would have made a difference if he still had the look from the Thriller era. There were plenty of people who thought the Emmanual Lewis friendship was strange even back then and my mother was one of them. I very clearly remember being a young teenger and hearing her say, "WHAT is Brooke Shields doing with this guy? And WHY is he bringing EL out on their date???"

nan

omg...i didnt mean for you to channel gomer pyle...shazam

Chico

632. omg...i didnt mean for you to channel gomer pyle...shazam

Posted at 9:49PM on Jan 18th 2010 by nan

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/17/jackson-brothers-television-reality-show/43#comments#ixzz0d1Tj0vgI
************************************************************
OMG, NOW THAT WAS FUNNY!!

ric

omg...i didnt mean for you to channel gomer pyle...shazam

Posted at 9:49PM on Jan 18th 2010 by nan

overkill?

By the way is anyone else having trouble posting? keep tring to get this 1 post in but not showing up.

Random Angel

As far as creating the crazy image on purpose, I definitely think he LOVED to toy with the media and keep them guessing at all times....

I just recently read something from a woman who knew him quite well. She said right after the M. B. interview and gave conflicting stories about Blanket's mother (first that he had a relationship with her and then that she was just a surrogate) she said to him: "You do realize you just contradicted yourself...they're going to think you're nuts." And his response was...."I know! Isn't it great?"

Random Angel

Posted at 9:59PM on Jan 18th 2010 by ric

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/17/jackson-brothers-television-reality-show/43#c24790837#ixzz0d1Wqi2hl

Ric, I really think that is a censoring mechanism. I know that when that happens to me, I go back and proof-read my post, and try switching wording around a bit and sometimes it helps. Sometimes if you copy and paste something from a web page, it won't let you...but it will let you paste the link...Go figure!

Cathy

Oh, I know. He loved the notion that he could control the media. It was Michael's own idea to plant the stories about the hyperbaric chamber and the Elephant Man's bones too. But playing with the media like that is like playing with fire. They can turn against you in the blink of an eye, and when they do, watch out. That's what happened to Michael. While it was fun (and worked to some degree) in the beginning, in later years, especially during the molestation charges, it worked against him constantly. And by then, he could no longer control it. He wanted to be an enigma and he was one (and still is). But my feeling is that in the end, it killed him. Literally. I don't think it was worth it. Maybe Michael would disagree.

ric

OK I am going to try this post again.

This is the reason why I believe in the accusation. Imagine you are a child and you say you have been sexually abused. Imagine that everyone in the world knows of this abuse and your name. Imagine that the person you abused was Michael Jackson.

Now, have you ever been teased in school or by friends? Multiply that by a million. Then add in that millions of people in the world now hate you. That millions of people around the world heap vile and disgusting comments towards you, A CHILD. That people pray for your death (like I have seen on this very site). that people celebrated the suicide of your father. That Jermaine Jackson basically said that your father committed suicide because of your lie.

Take all of that and realize that he never recanted his charge (please don't spam me with links to the internet story that he did because that has been shown to be bogus). THAT is why I believe it. If the time comes that he ever does say he lies that I will re-evaluate my stance, but until he does I will believe him.

Hope this makes my position clearer.

ric

Imagine that the person you abused was Michael Jackson.

Supposed to be "person that abused you"