La Toya Jackson Wants Simon Cowell's Seat

1/18/2010 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

La Toya JacksonLa Toya Jackson is next in line to fill Simon Cowell's shoes on "American Idol" -- that's if La Toya Jackson has anything to do with it.

We're told MJ's sister and former "Idol" producer Nigel Lythgoe cozied up at a housewarming party for Kathy Hilton in Bel Air recently -- before Simon broke his big news -- and the topic came up of La Toya possibly guest-judging on the show.

But now that Simon's out of the picture, La Toya wants more.

We spoke to her and she tells TMZ: "I would LOVE to be a judge on 'American Idol.' I would love to have a chance for the public get to know the real me. I would be thrilled."

In other news: there's a "real" La Toya Jackson.

kimmie

When MJ died, it's also the "day the music died". He brought so much to the table in the way of talent.

His siblings will still just exit in MJ shadow. MJ was the real talent, just so sad he was the one that Joe Jackson came down so hard on. Michael was such a broken soul, and no one even seemed to care enough to really help him.

I miss MJ...he was a once in a life time talent that also touched the souls of so many people.

RIP MJ

Anna

I RATHER LA TOYA JACKSON THAN ELLEN, SINCE LA TOYA KNOWS MORE ABOUT MUSIC & HAS TALENTED BROTHERS & SISTERS! SHE KNOWS WHAT SOUNDS RIGHT. I WISH MICHAEL WOULD HAVE BEEN A GUEST JUDGE YEARS AGO OR LAST YEAR WHEN THEY DID THE MICHAEL JACKSON SONGS.

janalal4

Since I have already addressed the topic-at-hand, I wanted to repost this from another MJ article I posted on tonight. Saw this video recently & I had always wondered about MJ's time spent in Ireland, what that was like. This video has footage of the inside of the Irish country estate MJ rented for himself & his kids. There is the sweetest recounting of an encounter the property owner had r/e MJ while he stayed there!

HERE'S THE VIDEO WHERE THE IRISH INN-KEEPER/PROPERTY OWNER TALKS OF RENTING HIS HOME TO MJ IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. HE HAS A VERY CUTE STORY ABOUT IT:) (This is Part 4 of video which describes MJ's time in Ireland if your interested in seeing more of this, you can find these other parts on Youtube)

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/17/jackson-brothers-television-reality-show/47#c24793865#ixzz0d2SlaYI8

janalal4

Charming interview of MJ's stay at Ballinacurra House in Ireland. A normal man in search of a 'normal' life for himself & his children.

For those convinced that MJ was merely a 'freak' or 'weird' should only do a bit of research to find repeated accounts of just how 'normal' he truly was. It is so touching how he insisted upon & struggled to maintain a sense of stability for his family despite all the turbulence that surrounded him.

Pardon if this posts more than once(TMZ 'black hole' at work)

janalal4

Another look inside Ballinacurra House. I can imagine MJ was VERY happy here with his kids. I SURE WOULD BE!! This is an 'advertisement' for the property rental but gives a good look at the grounds & interior of the house. I have often wondered what his time was like in Ireland & can see why he loved it so much.

janalal4

Good grief I'm talking to myself. What the hell am I doin' up this late anyway?! LOL! Nite everyone!

noyankhere

nuts!

La Toyaimbroke

MJ was the only one who was 'high-profile' at the least, these siblings are just 'hanger-ons' and soon when they've done fleecing cretinous TV people, they'll wither on the vine after this ludicrous thing of theirs called 'Reality Show' gets quashed and hopefully will be replaced woth something fecund for once

???????????????????????

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha omg...hahahahahahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...lmao...this is the greates joke os 2010

Missy

Janet and Michael shined the brightest but all the Jackson's have great talent! The Jackson's a family dynasty show was a really good show,and Latoya would be a good judge on idol

Simone

First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simone

I don't know if put La Toya as a judge in AI could be a good idea. I don't if she could improve or keep the audience with her presence there.

The Skizzler

Fourth.

?????

I don't think I could take looking at that scary ass makeup!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments