Teen Mom's Mom Charged with Domestic Assault

1/20/2010 1:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of one of the stars of MTV's "Teen Mom" was charged with domestic assault today, after she allegedly choked and hit her daughter last weekend.

Teen Mom Farrah Abraham Debra Danielson

Court officials tell TMZ Debra Danielson -- the mother of 18-year-old "Teen Mom" Farrah Abraham -- was charged this morning in Pottawattamie County court in Iowa ... and is due back in court on February 26 for a preliminary hearing. We're told Debra did not enter a plea today.

According to the Council Bluffs Police Department, Farrah accused Debra of choking her and hitting her on Saturday after a verbal argument erupted between the two over childcare issues and other problems.

When cops arrived at their home, they arrested Debra after observing multiple cuts on the right side of Farrah's lips.

UPDATE: A rep for MTV tells TMZ, "MTV is aware of the matter between Farrah and her family, and will continue to respect and support her as we tell her story. We understand the serious nature of these allegations, and encourage anyone dealing with domestic violence to access resources at www.loveisrespect.org or call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1.800.799.SAFE (7233)"

UPDATE: According to Debra's attorney, she's going to plead not guilty.

L

that little girl deserved to be beat down. she's a sorry excuse for a mother. they way she parades herself on the tv show, she doens't even care for her kid. all she wants to do is party and go out with her friends and get reject boyfriends. She's lucky her mother didn't beat her more than what she did. she's a SPOILED BRAT and should of got a beat down a long time ago from her mother!

who has the facts? ME

The top story on TMZ is about the MTV reality star wanted for beating his child - that's how it starts and then you end up with Farrah's mom. And most of you here think she deserved it. Farrah's mom has been abusive FOR YEARS to all of her children. She is very controlling - even her husband is afraid of her.
The Danielson's are on the verge of divorce, not because of Farrah, but because of Deb and her uncontrollable behavior.
She is a mean drunk and Farrah has lived with that for years.
I don't know them personally, but I know people who know the family and they say that Deb has pulled her girls hair since they were very young to get them to behave. Who honestly finds that acceptable?

Please don't advocate for Deb to get custody of Sophia - she will just ruin her too.

Lady

I can say from the other show Farrah was on when she was pregnant (16 & Pregnant) her mother came off as a real b***h if you ask me anyway. I knew it would be a matter of time before she completely snapped. Part of the problem with teen pregnancy is that parents think their kids arent doing anything so they don't let them have birth control and condoms to protect themselves from babies and std's. I hope they work it out though. But I can say her mother was already crazy to me.

J

Is it just me or does noone sense Farrah's mom's "calm" helpful behavior is all a show. That lady seems like a time bomb ready to go off. She is so fake. I'm not saying Farrah doesnt seem selfish sometimes, but its hard being a single mom and living at home. Her mom used to lose it all the time on the 16 and pregnant show and totally hit her. I coudlnt stand her. She seemed psycho. I'm sure she didnt like how she was potrayed...so now she is always talking slow and calm and super fake...who talks like that? This lady is irritating. Everytime she makes up with Farrah after a fight it sounds so rehearsed for the camera. Even when she interviewed that model that farrah dated.."we all hope you can go to heaven with us" really? I am a christian but really?? I have never liked her and I can't believe anyone would stick up for her. Try living with her and raising a baby and going to culinary school and having a life. You can all judge, but try it and then you can talk.

parentof4

I can't believe it took the mother this long. I would have beat the crap out of her long ago. And from experience I can tell you that sometimes it doesn't matter how or what morals you work to instill in your child, sometimes it just doesn't matter. That chick wont survive for a minute with the supervision of the grandmother. By the way, I have 4 kids, 22 yr old daughter, 21 year old daughter, 18 yr son, 16 yr son. Have never hit them. But I surely have wanted to. Also, my 21 yr old had a baby at 17. She has never even been on a date or out with friends since because she is devoted to nothing but raising her child. That is a bit extreme I know but she is an amazing mother.

Tinalouise

No one made this girl lay down and have sex without birth control so I don't want to hear how sorry you feel for her...many many women go to school/work,have babies without their mothers help, or anyone else for that matter. If she is so unhappy she should get the hell out if it is that easy. She might learn to appreciate her mother when she really is on her own!!!

Quicksilver

Amazing to me how many who post here advocate domestic violence and praise Debra. Only explaination I can think for that is those people are young and immature, or abuse is part of their daily life and they think it's all normal. There is NEVER an excuse for violence. Also, do you believe everything you see on TV? Of course they show when Farrah goes on a date because showing her spend 6 nights out of 7 per week with her kid is boring and no one would watch. I swear you people have no sense of perspective. Her mom has shown on that show to be very abusive and a micro manager. Everyone ignores that I guess. No, Farrah is not perfect and her decisions arent always good, but she is young and EVERYONE makes mistakes. No mistake she has made is deserving of physical violence. I guess none of you who attack her has ever made a mistake in your life and are all perfect lol. Get Real. Farrah is only guilty of not getting a place of her own and getting out of that abusive situation.

Andrea

If you've ever seen an episode of the show, you would understand why Debra finally exploded (allegedly). That "teen mom" was a horrible little witch who was ungrateful and disrespectful. If it would have been me talking to my mother like that, she would have done much worse. My whole face would have been scratched up for having such a filthy mouth.

Pottawattamie County court

Everyone should call the police or write in support of this poor mom i would have taken that baby away from that child along time ago. That kid is by far the worst mother i have ever seen. i watch that show and i can not believe the control her parents have shown in the face of her me me me talk all the time. that kid does not really give a hoot about her child and shes lucky to have her mom and dads support. lets make sure they go easier on her.

alexis

good for the mom, or should i say grandma, old girl has a LOT of mouth and needed to get her ass beat, honestly the mother should have been whooping her ass years ago and she would not be a teen statistic today

Pottawattamie County court

u funny history has shown over and over again that true evil is controlled by voilence. do you really think talking to hitler would have helped? silly rabbit..... a famous saying in the asian
culture...

if you want peace prepare for war.. there may be no excuse for voilent behavior but there sure a reasons for it. would you rather when someone is beating another person they lay there and take it or should they fight back to save themselves. i hate the fact they people make these comments with no thought behind it.

THERE ARE REASONS

givemeabloodybreak!

She deserved it. Her mom beat me to it. Pun intended.

thor1211

I am not shocked Farrah turned out the way she did, he mother is the exact same way. Her mom is an enabler that agrees to take care of the baby so she could go out and date. That woman has never put her foot down, just sat there an complained about Farrah going out, but never once said "Hell, no I am not watching your kid". Mom is dumber than a box of rocks!

As for Farrah, yeah she is only 18, but she CHOSE to have a child at a young age. You have to make sacrifices when you have a child at any age! Just because she is young, doesnt mean that she has the right to be out there partying! She should be tending to the baby, along with work at school. Age has nothing to to with parenting skills, some 18 year olds are great mothers, while some 40 year olds are horrible mothers!

Tami

Farrah needs a reality check! Her mom is just trying to help her and all Farrah wants to be is a BRAT! I am not surprised that children services dont step and and take little Sophia away.
Farrah GROW UP and start acting like a real mom or let your mom raise Sophia so you can go party and get knocked up again!

Katy

I can't stand Farrah she don't realize how much her parents are trying to help her. She is a imature Brat!!!!! She is so stuck on her self thats she dosent give her baby the time of day, then she expects her parents to watch the baby while she goes out and parties. The Grand parents need to have all rights to this baby Farrah is a UN FIT MOTHER!!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments