Kiefer Sutherland - Alleged Cattle Crime Victim

1/26/2010 4:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kiefer Sutherland scammedKiefer Sutherland plunked down almost a million bucks in what prosecutors say was a cattle investment scam -- and the alleged perpetrator is being prosecuted.

Michael Wayne Carr convinced Kiefer to invest $869,000 ... in return, prosecutors say, Carr would go to Mexico, buy steers and sell them for a huge profit in the U.S.

Kiefer bought a ranch in Montana and pursued rodeo competitions -- he even won some roping contests. Who knew?

But according to the San Joaquin County D.A. in central California, Carr never bought the beef and sold cattle that he never owned.

Carr is charged with 12 felonies, including grand theft and embezzlement.

Another couple invested $177,000.

PJ in Houston

1st

Simone

Third!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanda

100th!

Ro

WHen on TMZ.COM my browser automatically goes to http://amch.questionmarket.com/adsc/d684323/22/600001295791/invitenc.php?from_url=http%3A//www.tmz.com/

What's up with that??

Robert

justsaying

got sold a bum steer, huh?

Charlie

"6. I guess looking back, I should have held a spot light and a gun to his head and asked "WHO DO YOU WORK FOR!"

Good one! lololololol (but you forgot to add "DAMMIT!" at the end!)

dr cyclops

how come every time these idiot actors try to do something on their own they get screwed..thats why they hacve someone to tie their shoes for them and to get a wedgie out of their butt crack,,what a bunch of idiots.

The Source

Mooooooooooooo!

TakeThisWarning

Well this amount of $869,000 or some such may sound like "a lot" to some of us reading the story... To Mr. Sutherland that is such a poultry amount.. He's raking in huge cash from 24 and his movie royalties. I'm sure the potential "return" far outweighed the "risk" so he took it full well knowing it may in fact, be a scam. You gotta roll the dice sometimes, even if you know it's weighted in someone elses favor.

T

yea why would a multi millionair invest in such a dumb project?

maybe the lawyer fees to keep him from doing jail time everytime he butt heads someone are making him bankrupt

Oh Really?

I love this guy!

"The only proper authorities I am aware of are my commanding officer, Colonel Nathan R. Jessup, and The Lord our God".

That's why we are just now finding out about this.

dr cyclops

corp ..god..country and then cattle....

Voodoo Witch

I have compassion for the cattle, not the actor/investor.

term

As Jack Bauer: "TELL ME WHERE MY CATTLE ARE?!!!!?"

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments