« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Steven Jackson: Accusations Are 'Hurtful, Untrue'

1/28/2010 7:23 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

NFL star Steven Jackson is denying the allegations made by his ex-girlfriend that he beat her back in 2009 while she was 9 months pregnant with their son.

The St. Louis Rams running back just released a statement to TMZ saying, "It's disheartening that I have to address any alleged allegations 10 months later, but I have read the accusations made by Supriya Harris, and they are untrue."

Jackson continued, "The accusations are especially hurtful because those who truly know me know that those actions would be out of character for me."

Jackson acknowledged that Harris is the mother of his son, and described the boy as "a son that I love and that I willingly support emotionally and financially."

He concluded, "I will address this matter thoroughly through the appropriate avenues, but not through the media."

UPDATE:
Harris just released a statement to BlackSportsOnline saying, "Domestic violence is never acceptable and I stood up, against all odds and spoke up. I would not wish this on my worst enemy, so you can say 'I'm a woman scorned' but I left Steven because if his abusive nature and the truth cannot be denied."

Harris claims she didn't file the statement for financial gain saying, "I simply gave my statement to police. There is no monetary gain in that action.

She added, "I hope that Steven addresses this issue and gets the necessary help so that our son doesn't adopt this behavioral problem. Violence against women is never ok and to have it happen, at that time, right before I was due to give birth was very disturbing for me."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jackie

I find it very disturbing that a woman would come foward 10 MONTH LATER to accuse her baby daddy of beating her while she was pregnant. Love or no love - relationship or not, any woman would call the cops if she were beaten while pregnant. At least anyone who loves their unborn child.

I call B.S. on this hefer.

Ryan

yet he made that statement to TMZ; a media outlet. i think he has taken a few to many blows to the head.

kromen

Why are we hearing about this so many months later? Curious.

Only marry foreign women

if a woman accuses, the man is guitlty. toio bad. it´s the law and public policy.

felony domestic violence for you

men

women are evil, money hungry, soul stealing theives...

Only marry foreign women

Domestic Violence

1) When a man's physical, sexual, emotional, economic, or psychological actions or threats of actions that influence a female family member or friend; 2) Whatever the man does that the woman doesn't like; 3) a wife's false accusation before or during a divorce to obtain an Order of Protection that will legally separate the husband from his children, home, and personal possessions.
When a husband learns his wife is having an affair or spending too much money, then demands that she stop is seen as abuse, therefore, it is considered domestic violence.

Only marry foreign women

Sucker is going to jail..LOL

The judge will help with an Order of Protection and to increase the child support payments to $40k monthly for the next 18 years. Men are stupid.

Thanks for the money suckers.

Only marry foreign women

iot´s for child custody and finacial reasons. standard seperation/divorce procedures.

Homer

My friends keep saying you aint no good, but I know you aint not no good.

Darlene

Dont know what to believe, I wish Good Luck to them both.

John

I am all for jailing any dirtbag that beats women but that scar looks older than 10 months.. Something like that would have had stitches and I wonder if she did and they took pictures..

Worried

Alleged allegations? If she made the allegations they aren't alleged.

Welcome to the Department of Redundancy Department, moron.

Daisy

If he didn't do this, then he should countersue now for defamation of character and libel and keep on it until she refutes her accusation. He probably dumped her or does not want to increase child support, so she uses the old 'he beat me' line. This is not helpful to victims of domestic abuse.

BTW, sue her for full custody of that child. What are his chances with a spiteful mother who will indoctrinate him to monsterhood because she is not getting enough money for the next 18 yrs.

What is wrong with these pro athletes. The NFL should buy bananas for the lockeroom and show these dopes how to wrap it. I take that job traveling to all NFL and NBA towns to show them how is done for $295,000 a year. It's a lot less than the 2 million or more saving per athlete x 18 yrs.

Delicious

I don't even know who these people are but if he would have beat her like she said he did she would have lost the baby being that she was 9 months.

Mr. Roboto

When all else fails, play the domestic violence card. It never fails.

What is she looking for? A tasty settlement out of court? A book deal? A lifetime (television for idiots) movie deal? Or may she just wants to be invited to Oprah's show.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments